onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Blackpool 0 Port Vale 1 Post Match Comments

Fosse69

Advert

Away following was 1200 . Congrats to vale on another three points and sva for creating a good atmosphere .well done to the back line for another clean sheet . Aj deserves a contract extension and is proving me wrong so far . We do need another striker though and one of our outfield players to decide they can head a ball on target from corners to grab us at least 5 goals a season . Was it 9 or 10 corners again ? We average one goal a season from corners now that is truly awful .

Any away victory is decent, even if Blackpool are pretty awful, but at times we are clueless going forward not matter what anybody says or what spin they try to put on it. This isn't a criticism of Leitch-Smith, but the fact that at the moment he's our biggest goal threat say's everything about the side. However, he's certainly performing better than many of us expected and long may it continue, as he gives his all and you can see he plays the game with desire. We desperately need a another decent striker in the squad and it would make a world of difference.

Any away victory is decent, even if Blackpool are pretty awful, but at times we are clueless going forward not matter what anybody says or what spin they try to put on it. This isn't a criticism of Leitch-Smith, but the fact that at the moment he's our biggest goal threat say's everything about the side. However, he's certainly performing better than many of us expected and long may it continue, as he gives his all and you can see he plays the game with desire. We desperately need a another decent striker in the squad and it would make a world of difference.

Hes scored 7 in 11 what more could you want?

Oh we won by the way peoplegive the moaning a rest ***

The way we set up, its no surprise that we havent conceded more than two in a game all season. Our lack of creativity and goals could yet be our undoing in a playoff push.

It isnt exciting to watch but when three points come along that can be forgotten. Unfortunately when we go a few games without a win the knives will come out for Page and attendances will not be great. Thats something he will have to deal with or change his style of play.

If this squad with this style of play manages a play off berth i will be absolutely astonished.

Heres hoping im wrong.

Hes scored 7 in 11 what more could you want?

Oh we won by the way peoplegive the moaning a rest ***

What part of this isn't a criticism of him do you not understand? My point is that Leitch-Smith at most was seen as a back-up player this season. He's now our biggest goal threat, partly due to him exceeding expectations and also because we have absolutely little else up top, which is the point I was trying to make.

So to clarify, those people who were moaning that we were crap defensively last season are now moaning that we are better defensively, but don't score as many?

In a nutshell right there and you can also add moaning about hoof ball last season whereas it's now moaning about too much passing/possession and not enough attempts on goal and when there's nothing to moan about football wise its the lack of pies, Lee Blakeman and Ray Williams who bear the brunt.

Rob Page has the approach and tactics football wise correct IMHO.

1200 away fans and a 1-0 away win. Only 70 posts after a win shows that there are not enough Page lovers who can find great positives over the 90 minutes played. Yesterday was a game played by two poor sides and if Blackpool players had shot at our goal instead of trying to walk it in especially in the last fifteen minutes we would not have come home with three points.

Having seen the highlights I can understand why McDonald is bleating. Should they have had a spotter for handball against Purkiss? Personally I would have thought it to be very harsh as it was headed onto his arm rather than him using his arm to block it BUT we've often seen them given. As for the goal, good save from their keeper but AJ looked very much like he bundled it in off his arm, probably not intentionally but I wouldn't be too happy if we'd lost to a goal like that.

Anyway, we don't get the 'rub of the green' too often so I'll take it as a welcome away win, especially as Tuesday will most probably be a toughie against an in-form Swindon who seem to have a bit of a hoodoo over us anyway.

I think it was a penalty and I would have given it if I was the ref.

His arm was up in the air and he blocked the header. Definite penalty.

But I'm delighted he turned it down.

And for all those critics of Moore on here, it was a great run and fabulous early cross for our goal.

A very good 3 points. Delighted with it.

1200 away fans and a 1-0 away win. Only 70 posts after a win shows that there are not enough Page lovers who can find great positives over the 90 minutes played.

****** hell, Ray, be thankful for the three points. Are you saying you are happier when the post match threads are full of folk whingeing about a loss? We won for heaven's sake. All the if they did this if they did that stuff is irrelevant. If your Auntie had a plonker she'd be your uncle but she hasn't so just live with it man instead of looking for reasons to have a go at Page for winning a game instead of letting the other team win.

Archived