onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Blackpool 0 Port Vale 1 Post Match Comments

Fosse69

Daniel didn't have one of his better days.

This was a game that should have been won comfortably than it was. At half time I was worried it was going to follow the usual away game script where we huff and puff, don't score, and concede the sucker punch late on. Thankfully we didn't. But we did make harder work of it than we should have.

Every cloud has a silver lining

Advert

Glad they won for the away following, was at the gym just about go for me swim when the goal went in ,I thought they might sit on it as up to the goal we by the stats were battering them then after the goal didn't seem to continue on the front foot .

Daniel didn't have one of his better days.

This was a game that should have been won comfortably than it was. At half time I was worried it was going to follow the usual away game script where we huff and puff, don't score, and concede the sucker punch late on. Thankfully we didn't. But we did make harder work of it than we should have.

Both Lee Blakeman and Ray Williams said he had an excellent first half!! I was surprised by this! Seems others felt he had a poor one

I actually disagree with that he says exactly what he sees and cuts it down to basics and sees individuals strengths and weaknesses, proper football man for me who cuts the fancy bs talk out.

can't argue with that.

He's Mr Postitive compared to some on here. He's paid to give an honest assessment as he see's it, Better him than all the yes men who seem to be ex players of that other lot.their name escapes me for the moment

Agree about Brown's effort but totally unjustified slur on Daniel - before commenting on a player, please watch his contribution. I thought we showed plenty of ambition in the first half and attacked well for an away side but couldn't find the net. This is a result of not having a natural goal scorer but credit to the team for their perseverance and eventual success.

I thought Daniel was clearly our worst player today. Offered nothing.

I thought Daniel was clearly our worst player today. Offered nothing.

I agree with that, would bring Kelly in for Daniel for the game on Tuesday, hope if he does drop Daniel and brings Grant in, he doesn't end up moving Foley to left wing.

We are another decent winger and a centre forward from being able to challenge.

Agree about Brown's effort but totally unjustified slur on Daniel - before commenting on a player, please watch his contribution.

Well I did watch the whole game and I can quite confidently say that that his contribution was minimal at best so not quite sure what point you are trying to make.

Zero ambition? How come we got 8 corners in the first half and they got none if we weren't actually attacking with some ambition?

I've got to the stage where I don't see corners as a positive given how dreadful we are at them but that stat has surprised me. Even so, I feel we gave them too much respect and were too negative first half given how obviously vulnerable they were. It wasn't until the second half that we went for their throats and genuinely started to look threatening.

Anyone any idea what the Vale following was today, thought considering the bad weather, a game just after Christmas and New Year, mid table that it was a good turn out and more than I thought would have been.

About a 1000 according to the Sentinel.

My opinion for what it's worth after watching yesterday. For the majority of the game we controlled it. Yes we won but it wasn't convincing. The reason we haven't conceded a lot of goals is because when were in front we play 1 up front and 9 defenders Daniel was average to say the least. When we get a chance to attack we turn around and pass the ball back the pressing game we started the season with has almost disappeared apart from a few people i.e Brown hence why he gets good reviews. Some still appear to not want to make a great effort and if I was JJ I'd be busting a gut when I got on not just going through the motions. It seems quite obvious that Page and the coaching staff think possession is everything whatever part of the pitch were are, in all the trouble yesterday came from not pressing and allowing them to find man after man and simple bad basic ball control and passing in the wrong areas. TBH the way we are currently set up I'm not convinced another striker would help we need to be more positive.

Archived