onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Blackpool 0 Port Vale 1 Post Match Comments

Fosse69

Maybe we should bring in a new winger on loan not a new striker then to create those chances for us.

Dodoo could offer both. As for the result a good narrow margin win again which we deserved similar to Bury where we were the better team but didn't create all that much in the final third. Defensively solid again and Brown has a big part to play in that. Swindon are a team we struggle against but with them winning today hopefully they won't be as desperate to beat us on Tuesday. As for the few comments about Ray Williams, it could be worse, we could have Andy Griffin who would rather watch the Charlie Adams of football over Shaqiri.

Advert

Excellent win for Vale today, oh for the addition of another goal scoring striker. Rob Page has obviously done much work on the defense which has improved significantly over last season.

4th best defensive record in L1 (allowing for bradford playing less games) - despite all those goals conceded from set pieces. And people slag off Page, not to mention Mcgiven, Yates etc.Looking at the league table it is obvious that we need a striker - i think it is 5th lowest gaols scored in L1. But with the ownership situation i just can't see a decent striker coming in - they cost money. You would think our gates would increase with recent good performances, but i'm not holding my breath!

We were pretty much in control apart from the Little glaring early miss and the inevitable home team surge towards the end. Thought we managed the game well, over played the passing game but overall kept the ball well without really creating much. The coaching team seems to have improved the the defence Duffy and McGivern were solid Purkiss is always an attacking threat and links well with Moore and Dickinson was the usual mix of good and bad. The short corners were an interesting innovation although i personally hate them. AJ worked really hard and seems to be in a purple scoring patch. Foley Brown and O Conner linked the play well, I would prefer Kelly to Daniel. Can't really remember Alnwick making anything other than pretty routine saves, but did use the ball well on occasions. Good 3 points and it will be really good to back it up Tuesday against Swindon because Sunday will be tough.

4th best defensive record in L1 (allowing for bradford playing less games) - despite all those goals conceded from set pieces. And people slag off Page, not to mention Mcgiven, Yates etc.Looking at the league table it is obvious that we need a striker - i think it is 5th lowest gaols scored in L1. But with the ownership situation i just can't see a decent striker coming in - they cost money. You would think our gates would increase with recent good performances, but i'm not holding my breath!

Only five teams, three of them in the bottom four, have scored fewer goals. More importantly, all of the teams above us have scored more. So we do have a problem in scoring, whether that's because we don't make enough chances or we're not putting them away. That's something we clearly need to address if we have ambitions to get into the play-offs.

On the other hand, only four teams above us have conceded fewer. So we're looking much more secure in defence despite, as you say, our propensity to leak goals from set pieces.

More immediately, Tuesday's game against Swindon looks to be a cracker. They've won four out of the last six, with their two strikers, Ajose and Obik, getting a brace apiece against Southend who'd only conceded 13 in 12 away games until today. Wish I could be there!

Very frustrating in the first half because it was apparent very quickly that Blackpool were there for the taking and we showed zero ambition first half. Second half was much much improved with the two wide men playing more advanced roles. Thought Ajay was excellent with his movement, always available for the pass but he when he is dropping off picking up these passes it leaves no-one in the box so we desperately need an out and out centre forward to accompany Ajay. Credit to Brown as well who must have put in 2 or 3 times the amount of effort that Daniel did despite his advancing years.

Very frustrating in the first half because it was apparent very quickly that Blackpool were there for the taking and we showed zero ambition first half. Second half was much much improved with the two wide men playing more advanced roles. Thought Ajay was excellent with his movement, always available for the pass but he when he is dropping off picking up these passes it leaves no-one in the box so we desperately need an out and out centre forward to accompany Ajay. Credit to Brown as well who must have put in 2 or 3 times the amount of effort that Daniel did despite his advancing years.

Do you think if we did sign a centre forward that he would play, Page likes to play 1 up front and with AJ's record in the last 2 months I can't see him being dropped.

Agree about Brown's effort but totally unjustified slur on Daniel - before commenting on a player, please watch his contribution. I thought we showed plenty of ambition in the first half and attacked well for an away side but couldn't find the net. This is a result of not having a natural goal scorer but credit to the team for their perseverance and eventual success.

Daniel didn't have one of his better days.

This was a game that should have been won comfortably than it was. At half time I was worried it was going to follow the usual away game script where we huff and puff, don't score, and concede the sucker punch late on. Thankfully we didn't. But we did make harder work of it than we should have.

Very frustrating in the first half because it was apparent very quickly that Blackpool were there for the taking and we showed zero ambition first half.

Zero ambition? How come we got 8 corners in the first half and they got none if we weren't actually attacking with some ambition?

Archived