onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Walsall 2 Port Vale 0. post match comments

Fosse69

Advert

We could easily be bottom three. The only saving grace to that would be if we were on the verge of league two smurf would have to sack page as his investment would become practically worthless. Been really surprised that the fight in the vale fans appears to have gone to many seasons of protest has left us "brow beaten" . We have never traditionally publicly called for the managers head in my life time I can never remember it.

I don't think in the atmosphere less vale park we could raise a "your getting sacked in the morning" or "page out"

Apathy breeds apathy I can not be arsed because no one else can.

I hope this changes as we face relegation

I know Uche has been poor for a while but I wish people would keep in mind 3 things:

1. He hasn't started for 2 months, so he's bound to be rusty.

2. He came on as a sub today, a role many strikers struggle to make an impact in. He had no service in his 30 minutes, actually having to do more tracking back/closing down than get himself into goalscoring positions.

3. He's 20 years old.

People who are expecting a physical, fast striker who is consistent and always makes an impact coming off the bench having played only 60 career games are deluded.

Get off the lad's back and give him some confidence, because at the minute he looks devoid of it.

Never leave a game early but after their second goal went in, decided enough was enough and was able be back in Hanley at half 2 to finish the christmas shopping so thanks for the players for helping with that.

I thought up to the first goal it was pretty even, however it was not through any great play of ours, just thought it was 2 very average sides which proves how poor the league is if they are second and Burton top. It also shows that you don't need a big budget.

The manager does no favours with coming out with how well JJ is doing in the reserves and in training and then brings him on for 6 minutes.

What has happened to the football of the first month of the season, since the Sheffield United match at home, I am struggling to remember a game where we were played well. Whatever team and formation we play at Coventry, can we have Foley in the middle, all the best performances of the season were with him there, I was a massive O'Connor fan last season but since he has come back, the team is not playing anywhere near as well.

Totally agree regarding Foley and O'Connor. We did play great for the first 6 weeks of the season. There was still no real goal threat problem then.

Kelly is by no means good enough, Byron not enough end product, Dodds a squad player at best.

Uche under performing - send him back.

Unless Hooper is given a go we need a loan striker (won't happen), move Foley back into the middle and Innis back to the middle of defence then I fear we will struggle much the same as last season. This league very much like the Walsall game today is/ was there for the taking imo

I know Uche has been poor for a while but I wish people would keep in mind 3 things:

1. He hasn't started for 2 months, so he's bound to be rusty.

2. He came on as a sub today, a role many strikers struggle to make an impact in. He had no service in his 30 minutes, actually having to do more tracking back/closing down than get himself into goalscoring positions.

3. He's 20 years old.

People who are expecting a physical, fast striker who is consistent and always makes an impact coming off the bench having played only 60 career games are deluded.

Get off the lad's back and give him some confidence, because at the minute he looks devoid of it.

Jordan Cook didn't do too bad coming off the bench.

I have to say I was totally wrong when I said Uche was a good signing for Vale but can honestly say Port Vale under the leadership of the uninspiring Norman Smurthwaite have NOT replaced the workmanlike and most of all GOALS that was the part and parcel of The Pontiff. Todays performance along with many this season have been lacking any desire to win with certain players passing the buck. Get this sorted ASAP.

Dire stuff to watch. Nothing up front. Get rid of Uche, and while you're at it, get rid of Page. Hands in pockets , no ideas at all.

Say what you like , and Vale may have defended well at times today, but the fact is that we're going nowhere with Page. I though before the game that we would lose 3-0, and it almost happened. At least the fans had only 40 miles to go.

At least the fans had only 40 miles to go? Really, I wish!!! Only a nice drive back to Southampton. My 2nd game of the season live. I hoped like Page for a Draw at best!!

Why did I go I hear you say when its on Sky? Well I travelled up to Fenton on Saturday for a family event stayed over and had to pass Walsall on the way home. I wish I'd left early and spent £6.99 on a day pass instead of £21.50 + £4 for car parking.

least the weather was ok and a good turn out by the Vale faithful.

We could easily be bottom three. The only saving grace to that would be if we were on the verge of league two smurf would have to sack page as his investment would become practically worthless. Been really surprised that the fight in the vale fans appears to have gone to many seasons of protest has left us "brow beaten" . We have never traditionally publicly called for the managers head in my life time I can never remember it.

I don't think in the atmosphere less vale park we could raise a "your getting sacked in the morning" or "page out"

Apathy breeds apathy I can not be arsed because no one else can.

I hope this changes as we face relegation

You don't half talk some rubbish. How long have you supported Vale, 5 hours or do you have a bad memory, fans have called for many managers to be sacked, from McGrath to Page in my time watching.

Perhaps you should try a few "Page Out"'s next home game, some might join you.

Highlight of the game, great sausage and bacon bap in the Walsall club. Huge and only £2.50

The match was dire from a Vale view point, we had nothing to cheer . Atmosphere very flat. Walsall better team, m

et Walsall mates who I work with before the game and I told them they would beat us 2-0. Was concerned when I saw Kelly was playing ,as he is more lightweight than an Aero. No effort, more suited to Girls football but at a very low level. Only decent performances were from Duffy and AJ. Goalie and Mcgivern didn't do much wrong. On way home Page said on Radio Sjoke that Grant made wrong selection when trying to dribble instead of clearing the ball. Mr Page may I refer you to my comments on Kelly and asked who picked him, a far bigger mistake. Foyley is 10 times the player.

Uche upfront looked a busted flush. On the radio whilst crawling to Pagey it was said that he is a young manager who needs to learn . Should have sat behind the goal with us , would have learnt very quickly that performance was not good enough.

So it was out there for all to see how inept we are away from Vale Park. No character in the side, only Alnwick, Purkess and O' Conner came away with any credit. Kelly needs to be sent out on loan or sold. Too lightweight and couldnt tackle a paper bag. Felt sorry for AJ as had nothing from Dodds then even worse from Uche.

Page getting it wrong time & time again. Why put Hooper on with 8 mins to go and 2-0 down? Went with two wingers but played for a dràw? Baffling tactically and cant coach desire it seems.

But Uche didn't have 2 open goals did he. Scape goat needed and here he is.

I agree. Ok, he didn't do a lot today but he has the potential to be a match winner.

I feel we should be starting him again and seeing if he can recapture his early season form because when he's in his rhythm he's a nightmare for defenders and one of our best players.

I'd want him to stay, particular as our only other option will be to lose him and probably not replace so that Smurthwaite can keep his money in his pocket.

Archived