onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Walsall 2 Port Vale 0. post match comments

Fosse69

Advert

They must have watched the match

Firstly, the result, down to individual errors, was disappointing. Maybe Page should have brought JJ on sooner, although I'd have been very wary with him going 4-3-3 when just 1-0 down. But to spout ridiculous dribble like claiming we will only get 3 more pints by March is just stupendoudly idiotic.

Do need a forward who can hold the ball up -AJ playing well but has no support

For me Dodds offered nothing again and that has happened to often of late and dont get me started on Uche,i really liked him at the start but i dont know what has happened but if he is costing us something then i would let him go back in January and bring in another player and give Hooper more game time(who yet again got the usual 6 minutes to prove himself)

If you set up to just survive its a bladdy hard job to achieve it.

If smurf gets his 4M it will be a bigger miracle than parting the waters

Didnt he pay £1.25M ? Its hardly gone up in value. The other £3m has been ****** up the wall and has no residual value. The only way to get that back is either to persuade a purchaser to pay it off(unlikely in my opinion) or trade the club into profit and get promotion (that will require further outlay).

Firstly, the result, down to individual errors, was disappointing. Maybe Page should have brought JJ on sooner, although I'd have been very wary with him going 4-3-3 when just 1-0 down. But to spout ridiculous dribble like claiming we will only get 3 more pints by March is just stupendoudly idiotic.

I'll need more than 3 pints by tomorrow.

Is Praise and Grumble only accepting phone calls from the suicidal inmates of the local sanitorium? What a load of ****** nonsense some of these people are speaking.

Did you go the match dont knock people who attended and give there time and money to follow the vale even when they are on television

Living out of the country at the moment its the first match I have seen this season. We didnot play that badly but as said lack a cutting edge and make one silly error and we are punished! Yep can only agree about Doddsy did he play? The other big factor in our team is Grant and O'conner good players both as a pair sorry they just don't work, you can only play one or the other. Walsall very good defensively but we really did not test them enough. Not too despondent at the moment but we need to change things about a bit .

Didnt he pay £1.25M ? Its hardly gone up in value. The other £3m has been ****** up the wall and has no residual value. The only way to get that back is either to persuade a purchaser to pay it off(unlikely in my opinion) or trade the club into profit and get promotion (that will require further outlay).

I think it was more like half that amount he paid but I stand to be corrected!

Thought first half we were too negative and Walsall were better at retaining the ball, although they didn't really threaten our goal. I thought the man marking Purkiss played Duffy ONSIDE for our goal. Poor decision by linesman. In the second half we started much better but after Grant fell over we deteriorated, I knew one day Grant would get caught faffing about in dangerous areas, he does it a lot and it was bound to cost us one day. Him being on 9 bookings is concern too. However their lively substitute looked offside, particularly if Vale were judged offside in the first half. Kelly played well last week but he looked out of his depth today other than a couple of occasions. Hooper still can't get much game time. Uche was frustrating today either fouling people or taking too heavy of a touch. Coventry won't be easy. Hopefully Inniss will come back on top form.

That summed up everything I've said Vale all season. No game plan. Set pieces are terrible. Get to the edge of the box and have no idea. Grant is making too many mistakes. Hasn't played well since o'Connor came back and neither have the team. Foley has done nothing wrong. Kelly is too lightweight and his decision making is way too slow. Dodds pressed them and that's where the chances came from. Uche was totally anonymous. Gone from terrifying teams to looking like a complete donkey. That's poor man management. Duffy is poor. Mcgivern was pretty good today but didn't have anyone to mark. As soon as they went 3 up top we were a shambles.

Yates and AJay were the only ones to put a shift. In moore faded but our wingers are too far infield.

Page's comment sum him up and illustrate why he deserves sacking. Negative with no game plan. They were the best team in the league? We should be beating them, having a go whilst they were obviously vulnerable. Instead nothing. A decent manager would have us top 6. We'll finish in the bottom 6. Again.

Archived