onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Maidenhead U 1 Port Vale 3, post match comments

Fosse69

Advert

What a dreadful performance, that sums up how we've been playing and let's not forget they are 3 divisions lower than us!!!

Hoof ball pretty much all game, I'm sick of McGivern, the guy is all that is wrong with that team, every single ball!!! Hoof! And Smurf wonders why the crowds are falling... Playing 1 up front against non league oppo... I do wonder why?

Bright sparks were Dodds, Duffy and AJ with 2 goals - those apart I thought everyone else was below average.

Uche has not got a chance of getting back in the starting 11 with his continually poor cameo apperances as a sub, give JJ a shot!

Unless our style of play changes pronto Page is walking a tight rope!

Spot on pal!

Duffy , Dodds and oaky were quality aj took his goals really well and mcgivern defended well but his overall play is awful. First half everything he kicked went out for a goal kick or back to them. He constantly puts us on the back foot. Dicko was the worst for this though, back to his old ways ,hoofing and getting skinned in general.

Yates was steady, grant had his worst game in a Vale shirt. Foley was awful , but managed to get two assists, will take that. He was at fault on three occasions for their goal though.

Page is beginning to **** me off, why not give jj a run? We know you weren't allowed to play him because of the tribunal but now he's okay to play, 2 goal cushion against non league and you can't give him 20 minutes???? Also what's with trying to match a team three leagues below you for physicality??? Just football them to death!!

Overall, a wins a win. Not good by any means but we're in the next round and one win away from a potential massive money spinner. Roll on Chesterfield.

Just a word on the BT Coverage, it was very professional and they all seemed to know what they were talking about, and it was good to see Brown on their too. Not been too keen with Adam Virgo on Channel 5 but I generally agreed with him tonight.

Duffy , Dodds and oaky were quality aj took his goals really well and mcgivern defended well but his overall play is awful. First half everything he kicked went out for a goal kick or back to them. He constantly puts us on the back foot. Dicko was the worst for this though, back to his old ways ,hoofing and getting skinned in general.

Yates was steady, grant had his worst game in a Vale shirt. Foley was awful , but managed to get two assists, will take that. He was at fault on three occasions for their goal though.

Page is beginning to **** me off, why not give jj a run? We know you weren't allowed to play him because of the tribunal but now he's okay to play, 2 goal cushion against non league and you can't give him 20 minutes???? Also what's with trying to match a team three leagues below you for physicality??? Just football them to death!!

Overall, a wins a win. Not good by any means but we're in the next round and one win away from a potential massive money spinner. Roll on Chesterfield.

Notts County tried to play silky football at Salford City, and plenty of other league clubs have tried to out-football hyped-up lowel level opponents, I seem to remember a certain Tottenham Hotspur tried it at Vale Park in 1988 and it often goes wrong in Cup ties.

Page got it just right in putting result before entertainment in the last 2 games and deserves credit - especially from those only too keen to dish out the dirt when we don't win.

What a dreadful performance, that sums up how we've been playing and let's not forget they are 3 divisions lower than us!!!

Hoof ball pretty much all game, I'm sick of McGivern, the guy is all that is wrong with that team, every single ball!!! Hoof! And Smurf wonders why the crowds are falling... Playing 1 up front against non league oppo... I do wonder why?

Bright sparks were Dodds, Duffy and AJ with 2 goals - those apart I thought everyone else was below average.

Uche has not got a chance of getting back in the starting 11 with his continually poor cameo apperances as a sub, give JJ a shot!

Unless our style of play changes pronto Page is walking a tight rope!

Ridiculous. FA cup replays away to non league teams are not the games to go out and win well. It was 100% about the result tonight, and I thought it was a very professional performance. Although mcgivern and Duffy should never be our CB pairing.

One word... chump. Streete only played the equivalent of 4 games in our first 10 matches.

Streete should be starting 100%. No doubt he will leave us and do brilliantly elsewhere.

As for the game. Awful showing from us but we got the job done. Similar style to Barnsley, hoofing it up with no passing. Some nice link up play from dodds foley and aj though. Once again though I'm ****** off with page, tonight was an opportunity at 3-1 to give Kelly and hooper a run out. Instead neither come on. Poor game, poor performance but at least we showed character.

One thing that worried me was in his interview after. They mentioned the wingers and page said we don't play with out and out wingers we have ours cutting inside. I guess that's why Byron Moore won't take players on as often as he used to! Surely a player like him should be encouraged to get to the byline?

Just a word on the BT Coverage, it was very professional and they all seemed to know what they were talking about, and it was good to see Brown on their too. Not been too keen with Adam Virgo on Channel 5 but I generally agreed with him tonight.

If Michael Brown wasn't a player, he'd be in the Paddock with a Burberry cap gesturing at the away end!

Anyhow, we're through and short-term that's what matters.

However I do wonder what Streete, Purkiss and JJ make of being second-choice to that starting team.

Our exciting passing style has disappeared in less than 4 weeks!

Archived