onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Maidenhead U 1 Port Vale 3, post match comments

Fosse69

Yet it's barely 5 weeks ago that we were playing some lovely stuff and looked very entertaining. I think there are 3/4 factors at play here;

Streete thinks about where he's passing the ball, whereas "Get-rid McGivern" doesn't. (I know he's not the only CB like that).

Little Andoh.....God we miss him more than anyone. A true entertainer and a fantastic spirit. Without him, we've no star quality.

Purkiss....no disrespect to Yates but this bloke's tackles, passes and crosses are much better.

Uche....the beast has been tamed for over a month now. We need the animal back asap.

The Chesterfield game, while important, would be a chance to put Streete back in, and give JJ a go.

Has Rob got the cojones to try that?

Pleasure to absolutely agree with ALL you say there, mate. What is "cojones" though?

Advert

Pleasure to absolutely agree with ALL you say there, mate. What is "cojones" though?

It means balls or more specifically ******** (rhymes with rollocks)!!

I agree too, save for the Hooper point- its Campione of last year all over again

man management that pages 1st priority,get group working as one,he works with these player day in day out,they must talk to them all explaining his thoughts, as do the rest of his management team iam sure. the squad seem to be working hard for him, opinions are great we all have them,the only difference his job and vales success are on his,lets all get a bit more positive and a bit less negative, it may just rub of on the player. keep the faith, U.t.VALE

Can I just add, I don't like saying I told you so, but about a fortnight ago I said I preferred Ajay and Dodds and that I can see real quality in AJ and everybody criticized the post saying things like how to get somebody sectioned and this has to be a joke.

I think last night he saved us and Uche once again proved he isn't good enough for us.. Ajay is class!

First time I have seen Vale play this season.

First thirty minutes was as bad as anything I have seen for years. Players hiding, nothing up front and a very shaky back line. They did the job in the end as they should have done.

To play a keeper who stays on his line behind 2 centre backs who are not strong in the air is utter madness. Teams much lower down can exploit that. Alnwick reminds me of Boswell without the organisational skills.

Grant was appalling. Foley looks like could create a thing or two. Dodds was a class above anyone else on the field. Page is still a buffoon. Now to Byron , never have I seen anyone make less contribution. I could have done what he did wearing a suit, listening to my I-pod and doing the Telegraph crossword as well as washing up and vacuuming. Uche played like a cross between a pillar box and a mime artiste , his body language says he'll be gone soon.

The team is a disorganised rabble and need a proper manager pronto, together with a new centre back and striker.

PAGE OUT.

Can I just add, I don't like saying I told you so, but about a fortnight ago I said I preferred Ajay and Dodds and that I can see real quality in AJ and everybody criticized the post saying things like how to get somebody sectioned and this has to be a joke.

I think last night he saved us and Uche once again proved he isn't good enough for us.. Ajay is class!

AJ has a good touch, movement and decent football brain - he's just lacked that sharpness and not been clinical enough. If he can get himself in and around the 6 yard box then the goals will come, like last night. I don;t personally mind who plays as our main striker....as long as theyre scoring :)

Read my post again!!!! I didn't say he wasn't 'solid', the defending side of his game was ok. I said he was awful because his constant hoofing when in possession meant we didn't retain the ball and bypassed the midfield. We need more composure back there, the ball needs to come out from the back and in to midfield - not an aimless punt that 5'8 AJ can try and compete for. It's where our problems start - when we were playing better football at the start of the season we also had more clean sheets, why? Because of ball retention.

And re Remie Streete - go and wath the 'foul' again, their player dived; so blaming him for the replay is laughable.

Spot on, anyone with a brain can see that Mcgivern defended well, but his overall play was diabolical. At one point he put the ball out for a goal kick from our half.....

First time I have seen Vale play this season.

First thirty minutes was as bad as anything I have seen for years. Players hiding, nothing up front and a very shaky back line. They did the job in the end as they should have done.

To play a keeper who stays on his line behind 2 centre backs who are not strong in the air is utter madness. Teams much lower down can exploit that. Alnwick reminds me of Boswell without the organisational skills.

Grant was appalling. Foley looks like could create a thing or two. Dodds was a class above anyone else on the field. Page is still a buffoon. Now to Byron , never have I seen anyone make less contribution. I could have done what he did wearing a suit, listening to my I-pod and doing the Telegraph crossword as well as washing up and vacuuming. Uche played like a cross between a pillar box and a mime artiste , his body language says he'll be gone soon.

The team is a disorganised rabble and need a proper manager pronto, together with a new centre back and striker.

PAGE OUT.

How do you expect this to be reported then?

Port Vale have parted company with manager Rob Page after a disastrous run of three wins and a draw which has left them IN the FA Cup and 4 points outside the playoffs. More on this story from Broadmoor Radio.

How do you expect this to be reported then?

Port Vale have parted company with manager Rob Page after a disastrous run of three wins and a draw which has left them IN the FA Cup and 4 points outside the playoffs. More on this story from Broadmoor Radio.

I wouldn't waste your breath

AJLS could have had five goals ,his movements great and we look and play like a much better team when he Foley and dodds r involved .

Would I put Uche back in ,no way he is a shadow of the beast he used to be .

I like Moore but last night where was he ?

Dicko big hearted lad and u can't help like him but come on m8 pass to someone in a Vale shirt .

Grant I didn't enjoy his performance either what's he doing playing so far back I thought he was a ball winner .

Aimless hoofing from Mcgivern ,That's not playing to our forwards strengths .defensive work ok .

We through so let's hope our performance level gets back to start of the season where every player was playing pass and move the way us Vale purists love.

AJLS could have had five goals ,his movements great and we look and play like a much better team when he Foley and dodds r involved .

Would I put Uche back in ,no way he is a shadow of the beast he used to be .

I like Moore but last night where was he ?

Dicko big hearted lad and u can't help like him but come on m8 pass to someone in a Vale shirt .

Grant I didn't enjoy his performance either what's he doing playing so far back I thought he was a ball winner .

Aimless hoofing from Mcgivern ,That's not playing to our forwards strengths .defensive work ok .

We through so let's hope our performance level gets back to start of the season where every player was playing pass and move the way us Vale purists love.

Good post, mate. The pills you are taking are having effect!lol.

An away team doesn't win a game 3-1 with their two central midfield players being quote, "Average at best", both worked tirelessly, they both got booked for their endeavors and one of them scored the goal that got Vale back into the game and arguably changed the match.

Paul I'll just remind you we were playing Maidenhead!

Archived