onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Maidenhead U 1 Port Vale 3, post match comments

Fosse69

Thought Dicko was poor tonight, really is a shame to see Streete not playing, I thought Duffy and McGivern were okay, I'd possibly go with McGivern at LeftBack and bring Streete for Dicko. I don't think Dicko has looked the same since Enoch's injury, Enoch was very good at tracking back and helping him out. Also as soon as Purkiss is available again I'd bring him back for Yates. Yates hasn't done badly but Purkiss has been consistently our best rightback in recent history. Dodds played well today, we saw out the win today and through to the next round :upthevale:

Advert

One word... chump. Streete only played the equivalent of 4 games in our first 10 matches.

Chump? You're the biggest ***** on here. Innis also played out from the back, add hirg games in as well. And also it was about the first 5 or 6 games we played better football. You just enjoy trying to pick holes in any point anyone makes, ive seen you do it to others. You just bore the hell out of me.

Well played Maidenhead thought u were terrific .

Where was our midfield most of that match ?

Dodds and AJ were excellent at 3_1 up though where was the confidence to pass the ball to one another

On 85 mins there player should have scored a free header over the bar ,if that deservedly goes on in I wonder if we would have held out .

Grant Moore and O'connor were very poor apart from O'connors goal and a header which was tipped just over ,at no time did we have any control of that area very alarming .

We won and AJ was very good ,Dodds and Foley very good aswell ,Duffy also but the rest come on surely u better than that .

We through though so happy about that !!

Foley very good???? You were watching a different game than me. He put a decent cross in for the first goal but apart from that gave the ball away every time he touched it.

Slow start by the Vale but after we scored their keeper made three excellent saves to keep it at 1-1 at HT. Difference in the 2nd half was Dodds who produced some quality. The two CB's, O'Connor and Grant were terrific and AJL''s two goals were well taken. Well done RP and Smurf. Couldn't believe the early callers on P&G, what does it take to make some people happy.

IMO Grant was pretty average at best tonight and O'Connor, his goal apart, never really commanded the midfield. But in fairness to all, I would have gladly taken a 3-1 win if offered pre-match as this tie was always a potential banana skin!!

Chump? You're the biggest ***** on here. Innis also played out from the back, add hirg games in as well. And also it was about the first 5 or 6 games we played better football. You just enjoy trying to pick holes in any point anyone makes, ive seen you do it to others. You just bore the hell out of me.

You made a mistake, you look foolish, move on. We go again.

He really didn't look happy is probably an understatement. Mind you, I have to say, at that point there was no smile on mine either!!

It's possibly a bit unfortunate that they showed Smurf immediately before the equaliser - at that point things looked more than a bit worrying. Rob Page never looked very pleased at any time either, the pressure must have been intense.

I cant understand how anyone can criticise any of the players tonight - they cant win in a situation like this, where they are also under pressure - admittedly a lot of it of their own making from the first cup game. But they did their job well, and fought hard - quality was only there in glimpses, but it counted and many league teams would have folded in this game.

Not easy to watch until the third goal went in, but even if not many others will say it, I will say WELL DONE to Rob Page for picking the right starting eleven, and well done to the players for sparing us a humiliating defeat and repairing the damage from the first leg.

Onwards and upwards Vale.

It's possibly a bit unfortunate that they showed Smurf immediately before the equaliser - at that point things looked more than a bit worrying. Rob Page never looked very pleased at any time either, the pressure must have been intense.

There was one time they caught Page staring into the camera from the dug out, when we were losing. The epitome of "a face of a worried man".

What a dreadful performance, that sums up how we've been playing and let's not forget they are 3 divisions lower than us!!!

Hoof ball pretty much all game, I'm sick of McGivern, the guy is all that is wrong with that team, every single ball!!! Hoof! And Smurf wonders why the crowds are falling... Playing 1 up front against non league oppo... I do wonder why?

Bright sparks were Dodds, Duffy and AJ with 2 goals - those apart I thought everyone else was below average.

Uche has not got a chance of getting back in the starting 11 with his continually poor cameo apperances as a sub, give JJ a shot!

Unless our style of play changes pronto Page is walking a tight rope!

Got the job done, nothing more, nothing less. Pleased to see that we reacted well to an early setback when it would have been easy to fold.

Good performances by Duffy and McGivern at centre half (although i would still prefer to see Remi Streete in there as i think he's a class act). Dodds and Ajay both played their part too. Yates solid again without being spectacular. O'Connor workmanlike and did a job.

For the negatives, Grant looked off the pace, Foley was mediocre, Byron Moore was completely anonymous and Carl Dickinson was once again utter garbage but we all know he's undroppable so will be playing on Saturday.

Particularly want to make a point about Dodds who once again was by far our most effective player in an attacking sense and has been excellent all season and yet there are a section of our crowd, particularly at home games who can't wait to rip into him.

Archived