onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Average attendance.

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

Apologies but no broadband at home at the mo, so relying on 3g phone signal, pants, so not searching for the quote again.

However Smurf you state from memory Vale had the fourth lowest Turnover in L1 last Season. Can I ask, how is this possible??. Ok the likes of Crewe, Crawley and possibly Colchester below us, but then that would leave the likes of Rochdale, Oldham, Fleetwood earning more Turnover on smaller gates. How is that possible?? Have they got better Commercial income than us. Or are you just going off the amount of money received through the turnstiles whereas they are also including money received from Commercial and Catering figures as well as the turnstiles.

I appreciate you are obviously busy and this question isn't a rant or moan, however I just find it hard to believe our Turnover is smaller than Clubs with smaller attendance figures.

If this is true then can something be learnt from these other clubs commercial departments.

£10 is too cheep to watch the Vale unless they are standing. We are an all seater stadium because we were in the Championship when the legislation came in. If I was Vale I would take this legislation to task, as when you watch every Premier League game you see vast swathes of fans standing up. The police and stewards just let this happen as they know that it would create more trouble than it is worth to try to get them to obey the law and sit down. What this shows is that this law is not enforceable. By standing up against this law the club could allocate the rear of the Bycars as standing areas and hopefully (if still fit enough) save the seats to save the club money going forward in replacing broken seats around the rest of the stadium.

Is this worth a go or am I living in a pipe dream of thinking the police would allow us to do it and not put in an objection.

Apologies but no broadband at home at the mo, so relying on 3g phone signal, pants, so not searching for the quote again.

However Smurf you state from memory Vale had the fourth lowest Turnover in L1 last Season. Can I ask, how is this possible??. Ok the likes of Crewe, Crawley and possibly Colchester below us, but then that would leave the likes of Rochdale, Oldham, Fleetwood earning more Turnover on smaller gates. How is that possible?? Have they got better Commercial income than us. Or are you just going off the amount of money received through the turnstiles whereas they are also including money received from Commercial and Catering figures as well as the turnstiles.

I appreciate you are obviously busy and this question isn't a rant or moan, however I just find it hard to believe our Turnover is smaller than Clubs with smaller attendance figures.

If this is true then can something be learnt from these other clubs commercial departments.

I have a vague recollection that the Fleetwood owner runs his businesses from their stadium, so it depends on what the stadium charges his businesses.

So people who are getting discounted admission attend the less glamorous (ha!) matches? I imagine that lots of Vale fans would attend (for example) the Burton and Crewe games anyway, so there seems little point from a business point of view in including these games in the offer.

out of interest naked boy, what line of business are you in ?

How unusual that when timithius returns the thread turns into a slagging match. Haven't seen you comment on the Wigan match thread though....

Im not sure what point your trying to make... I dont think I commented on the wigan match [could be wrong] does that mean I shouldnt have an opinion on anything else?

The points he raised were valid and fairly concerning although not exactly on topic.... if the income streams have increased [sales etc] prices have gone up and attendances arent down how come the turnover is less. It is turnover and not profit he was questioning... given what information has been published previously its a relevant and interesting question.

Not that I am expecting anything shortly, but I would hope that a general statement in the press would be given covering Vale`s financial situation. With an explanation of the turnover differences, it could be that the various company structures are different. I would be equally interested in the turnover differences during Norman`s reign.

How unusual that when timithius returns the thread turns into a slagging match. Haven't seen you comment on the Wigan match thread though....
you won't have seen me posting on any threads and if you can read you will see earlier in this thread why I have posted on here. I didn't make it a slanging match, your hero did as he wasn't getting his way. Still if you are too thick to see that then thats your problem

Archived