onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Average attendance.

Spunk Trumpet

I am sick and tired of people moaning about our attendances.

Too many have been blinded by the fact they think we are 7000+ club!

This rewriting of history has been going on for years now and im fed up of it.

Our attendances are holding up ok, especially considering we have had a premier league club down the road for almost a decade.

The chairman has become bamboozled as well!

So for him and others heres a link.........

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/porv.htm

Now get real. We are doing a damn sight better than some in our league and also better than many years previous!

Advert

Our attendances are holding up ok, especially considering we have had a premier league club down the road for almost a decade.

Now get real. We are doing a damn sight better than some in our league and also better than many years previous!

Indeed we are Bon'Ami, and with Stoke in the PL - plus the terrible times before Smurf - our last 3 seasons are holding up reasonably well:

L1 Home Average

2013 - 2014 : 6,248

2014 - 2015 : 5,290 and

2015 - 2016 : 5,068 (up to and including the Millwall)

Of the 4 home games so far only Wigan brought a decent following: Gillingham (273); Doncaster (357); Wigan (1,327); and Millwall (210).

My guess is Burton plus other nearby teams will help to increase our average above 5,500 - even higher when we put a few wins on the table :)

Sick and tired you may be

He is a couple of facts to help you sleep

At Xmas my personal investment will surpass 3 Million ex purchase price which includes 800k this season

On our turnover we should have a player budget of 1.4M

That is a League 2 budget

I'd say very few clubs have increased their support over the last 30-40 years including Premiership clubs and most have lost support due to all seater stadiums etc.Man Utd are one exception but you need a radio commentary if you are sitting in the top tier.Interesting Vale's last 10000+ average was in 1964 and that was when Stoke were in the top tier.

What effect does the away following have on the average attendance at home?

Now im no statistician but I guess a few good away followings coming to VP may increase the numbers we get in?

As for the thread its like groundhog day on here. Next we will be discussing glad all over again or moving to a new smaller ground..

Sick and tired you may be

He is a couple of facts to help you sleep

At Xmas my personal investment will surpass 3 Million ex purchase price which includes 800k this season

On our turnover we should have a player budget of 1.4M

That is a League 2 budget

I slept vey well thankyou Norman.

Im not knocking the extra you have put in and you say its a league 2 budget. That explains why we have so many garbage league 2 and below players.

Instead of having a go at how little budget we have and blaming the supporters for not turning up, maybe you could get some sense from Rob as to how Birchall, Yates, Johnson, Daniel, Lloyd, AJLS, Kelly, Campion and others have used up someof that budget, instead of having two quaity players to help us progress. And why the "extra" you keep putting in gets wasted on talent like Jak McCourt who has come to rot on our bench for a month.

I slept vey well thankyou Norman.

Im not knocking the extra you have put in and you say its a league 2 budget. That explains why we have so many garbage league 2 and below players.

Instead of having a go at how little budget we have and blaming the supporters for not turning up, maybe you could get some sense from Rob as to how Birchall, Yates, Johnson, Daniel, Lloyd, AJLS, Kelly, Campion and others have used up someof that budget, instead of having two quaity players to help us progress. And why the "extra" you keep putting in gets wasted on talent like Jak McCourt who has come to rot on our bench for a month.

Have we paid anything for McCourt? Loaned out for experience by the Foxes.

Archived