onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Average attendance.

Spunk Trumpet

Im not sure what point your trying to make...

I think I know what his point is. After all our brilliant performances at home this season, the only time timothius has posted was after our first defeat at Bradford. Obviously, people can post what they like and when they like but if the only time they come on here is when there is a bad result or something to snipe about, I don't feel it paints them in the best of light and it detracts from the weight of any valid point they may be making.

Advert

Im not sure what point your trying to make... I dont think I commented on the wigan match [could be wrong] does that mean I shouldnt have an opinion on anything else?

The points he raised were valid and fairly concerning although not exactly on topic.... if the income streams have increased [sales etc] prices have gone up and attendances arent down how come the turnover is less. It is turnover and not profit he was questioning... given what information has been published previously its a relevant and interesting question.

Cheers Geo, trouble is some people look at whose posted and then start abusing the poster as they haven't bothered to read and understand the actual post!

I think I know what his point is. After all our brilliant performances at home this season, the only time timothius has posted was after our first defeat at Bradford. Obviously, people can post what they like and when they like but if the only time they come on here is when there is a bad result or something to snipe about, I don't feel it paints them in the best of light and it detracts from the weight of any valid point they may be making.

Sorry but I disagree. If smurf is answering questions on a forum its the ideal opportunity to ask him questions and have a possibility of a reply.

Its rare I post in match threads, simply because I dont see the games. Tim has stated why he no longer posts very often on here and the replies reinforce that decision. Perhaps if people were to concentrate on the posts instead of who makes them the points raised may be better understood.

Where did I comment on Bradford? My posts on this thread are irrelevant to displays as I aren't voicing an opinion on them and if you want to use facts, click on my profile and see how infrequently I now even visit this site never mind post on it. I was debating o facebook about Norman's turnover claims and someone said as he doesn't do facebook wouldn't I be better Tweeting him etc.I don't do Twitter so I asked him on here. But you know all that but that wouldn't give you the opportunity to have another little dig at me would it.

So back on the topic of what I posted, Do Normans figures not concern you and if not why not? If you can't bother debating that don't bother slagging me off either

Not that I am expecting anything shortly, but I would hope that a general statement in the press would be given covering Vale`s financial situation. With an explanation of the turnover differences, it could be that the various company structures are different. I would be equally interested in the turnover differences during Norman`s reign.

Well the first set of accounts are due so anyone will be able to look at them soon.

Sorry but I disagree. If smurf is answering questions on a forum its the ideal opportunity to ask him questions and have a possibility of a reply.

Yep, but as you allude to not all information can be or even should be disclosed on an open forum.

The issue SMURF faces at VP is just like any other work situation in that there is always someone who knows how to do it better than the boss/manager without knowing the whole picture and when said person sits in the hot seat then said person finds out how hot it is and begins to understand why things are done the way they're done. New ideas and change for the good should be encouraged but have a tad of empathy with the guy who sits in the hot seat and in this case pays many of the bills. This is not a dig at Tim....

I agree with the OP on the subject of attendances, I remember VP in the mid 60's and 70's and if we got >2500 (apart from derby and FA cup games) we were doing well so our current gates are holding up OK at the mo but obviously not as good as in the Rudge glory years.

Change the record naked boy ..

Where did I comment on Bradford? My posts on this thread are irrelevant to displays as I aren't voicing an opinion on them and if you want to use facts, click on my profile and see how infrequently I now even visit this site never mind post on it. I was debating o facebook about Norman's turnover claims and someone said as he doesn't do facebook wouldn't I be better Tweeting him etc.I don't do Twitter so I asked him on here. But you know all that but that wouldn't give you the opportunity to have another little dig at me would it.

So back on the topic of what I posted, Do Normans figures not concern you and if not why not? If you can't bother debating that don't bother slagging me off either

Tim haven't got a clue who you are, but I post now and again on here and pretty much read everything on the site when I'm bored at work. I just noticed that a lot of your posts do seem a bit negative...I spent a few minutes going through your recent posts and it did take me to page 7 which was about March time to find anything positive (something about Pope I think, and yes I am currently bored). Not a dig but just saying I understand why people might argue with you a lot and get wound up. Even I get tired at times reading constant negativity and it dampens how excited I get every weekend about going to watch us, just wish people would be a bit more positive. Yes, I realise there are problems and there are always going to be, but doesn't mean we shouldn't praise the parts that are right with the club too. I'm still fairly optimistic about our season and think we could do quite well with some tweaking on & off the field.

On topic, I think you put some good questions forward and in parts it does seem slightly worrying to me, but then again I don't think Smurf's going to give anyone a full completely detailed answer regarding accounts etc on a public forum, and again like somebody said, when put in the hot seat I bet there are still things we'd never have even thought about that and wouldn't possibly be able to understand unless we were doing it ourselves. Even if we were given more of the bigger picture, I'm pretty sure we'd never be satisfied unless we knew literally everything that's going on, and realistically we're never going to be in that situation, accounts or not.

Just realised when I said on topic, that wasn't actually on topic as this should be about attendances...

I don't think we are ever going to hit an average of 7-8K again or more until we challenge for automatic in this league, and possibly stabilise ourselves in the Championship. Having a cash turnstile might put a few on the gate, but I don't think it's putting 500+ off. Saying that, I wouldn't support us making our stadium smaller or building another one, I'm just going to keep hoping that we do well and get promotion and then maybe we might start stealing younger fans from who they might more likely be attracted to down the road. When kids are growing up, unless they are forced to go Vale with family, chances are they aren't going to pick Vale when it's between the two.

It is a very easy question to answer, what will bring more fans in, it is success and winning, but easier said than done.

If we only attracted 150 extra fans through being able to pay on a cash turnstile it would bring in over £75000.00 per season. Plus hopefully extra profit on money they spent while in the ground.

I said, from the moment cashless turnstiles were announced that it would have an effect on the gate, it's common sense when you are struggling for gates, you make it as easy as possible to get in, not more difficult.

Archived