onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Average attendance.

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

Norm, there are in my opinion a number of reasons why your rallying call won't work like it did at Swindon, the first one being that most people in the catchment area of our club me included are that poor we are eating dust, there just isn't the money there was in the 90s, the pot banks have all gone, the pits and steel the same and nothing other than minimum wage or benefits has come to replace them.

Every other person you speak to are Man Utd, Liverpool etc fans without ever going to see a game, we can blame Sky for that one.

I can watch Premier football a few miles up the road for virtually the same price ( I wouldn't if you paid me but some would and do )

The rallying call for supporters is a one shot chance it will happen once but you do it every season as well as berating stay away fans, not the best way to get them back.

Away fans don't like coming to Vale park due to the knuckle dragging image of a significant minority of our support.

I arnt a businessman and don't have any answers but sometimes things are best kept quiet, constantly harping on about how much the club is costing you doesn't help any ones morale, players included and you are unfortunately becoming known as a comedy figure among many lower league clubs supporters.

Please can we just concentrate on the football from now on.

Well ignoring the buffoon of a Chairman we have would you suggest next season that all entry cost be reduced less say £15 and in turn reduce the budget would more people come then

Thanks Mr. Chairman. It is an honour to be asked a question from you.

1/ I do not consume acohol.

2/ I live in Crewe.

3/ I can not walk very far and feel the cold now that I am in my mid seventies.

4/ After more than 60 years of supporting the fantastic Port Vale club and paying at the turnstile I have to choose days when the weather is not too cold. So paying in advance and travelling from Crewe is not for me. If the weather looks good on a Sat. morning it would be nice to get to the club and pay cash at the turnstile.

There may not be many who share the same circumstances as my self, but then again there may be quite a few.

There may be other supporters who have other reasons that permit them to pay only on the day at a turnstile.

Every little support helps, but then again I appreciate that a few hundred extra do not warrant the extra expense and organising of turnstile staffing.

I may have to continue to just listen to radio Stoke EVERY Saturday in the warmth of my home.

But whatever, I thank you for saving the club from extinction and working wonders to finance the club which is conducive to the progress to Port Vale. :upthevale:

Well l take my hat off to you on 2 counts

One your tenure of your support and 2nd in embracing the internet, a lot of mature folks shy away from it

As u replying Mr Chairman how about this for a idea and by doing it what have u got to lose ,u can.only gain .

The bycars our supposedly home end is as empty as do u not agree .

Well why not make that area the cheap end the end where the poorest and unfortunate can go .

Some money is better than.no money folk would still pay the usual admission fee elsewhere ,i would anyway .

If u use the argument u would have to charge the away supporters the same so what ,football is about atmosphere so the more who come from the oppositions team the better.

Your sincerly

a proper up for it football fan !"

As u replying Mr Chairman how about this for a idea and by doing it what have u got to lose ,u can.only gain .

The bycars our supposedly home end is as empty as do u not agree .

Well why not make that area the cheap end the end where the poorest and unfortunate can go .

Some money is better than.no money folk would still pay the usual admission fee elsewhere ,i would anyway .

If u use the argument u would have to charge the away supporters the same so what ,football is about atmosphere so the more who come from the oppositions team the better.

Your sincerly

a proper up for it football fan !"

How much less do you think we would earn against Sheff Utd, the police bill would be the same. The easy way is to have a membership scheme in the Bycars if you want to offer cheaper admission at the end, thus getting around the same price rule.

You have made reference to me closing down PVFC Ltd and what l consider a ridiculous remark above

On taking over The parent AIG Ltd and PVFC Ltd were trading insolvent AIG is now owned by the Crown and PVFC will soon follow

The reason for the latter was that the unpaid creditors around June 13 was circa 1.1M that was for a Co 7 months old

When l read your remarks l ask myself why did l just not put the Club back in admin and save myself a large amount of money

And before you imply this was course of action was to absolve myself of any creditors all creditors were paid by myself

I do not have a problem with anybody questions inc yourself but for a man who states he is in the know your knowledge is diddly squat

For you info know creditors over 30 days is around 15k

I lost a year of my life when taking over and if it was not for the assistance of the FL and my sheer stubbornest and fear of letting the Club community and fans down l would have taken that action

Hopefully you can know see how close to a raw nerve you point is

I merely stated a fact that is in the public domain. I stated no opinion as to why you had wound that company up, but it appears that you have your knickers in a twist over it. Not sure what you consider rediculous about me saying I had reservations about you, that is my opinion based on how I view your behaviour and your comments on this thread just reinforce my concerns. But a quick question, if you were a director of the old PVFC account, how could you let it get in such a mess in 7 months?

As for unravelling, you still can't give a plausible answer as to why the business now turns over less than under the previous regime and when in admin. I know the income streams the club had, I doubt they have changed that radically but if it makes you feel better thinking I know diddly squat then fill your boots.

So I will let you carry on as you lurch from one scheme to another and I'll carry on supporting the team with my hard earned same as I have for the last 40 odd years.

Mr Smurf, earlier in this thread I suggested using contactless payments at the turnstile, the maximum payment has been increased to £30 recently. This way cash isn't collected so no security / insurance issues. I know a debit transaction has costs incurred but even if it's 50p surely it's better to have £21.50 in the club than someone walking away because they don't want/ can't queue.

I don't know how much a terminal would cost or if the season ticket reader could be adapted, but maybe an option worth investigating.

I merely stated a fact that is in the public domain. I stated no opinion as to why you had wound that company up, but it appears that you have your knickers in a twist over it. Not sure what you consider rediculous about me saying I had reservations about you, that is my opinion based on how I view your behaviour and your comments on this thread just reinforce my concerns. But a quick question, if you were a director of the old PVFC account, how could you let it get in such a mess in 7 months?

As for unravelling, you still can't give a plausible answer as to why the business now turns over less than under the previous regime and when in admin. I know the income streams the club had, I doubt they have changed that radically but if it makes you feel better thinking I know diddly squat then fill your boots.

So I will let you carry on as you lurch from one scheme to another and I'll carry on supporting the team with my hard earned same as I have for the last 40 odd years.

I have no knowledge or interest in the previous regime

From memory we were the 4th lowest League 1 Club last season in terms of turnover

I do not disagree that the information is of a concern

Finally l will leave you to 'lurch' back to facebook and knock yourself out

Mr Smurf, earlier in this thread I suggested using contactless payments at the turnstile, the maximum payment has been increased to £30 recently. This way cash isn't collected so no security / insurance issues. I know a debit transaction has costs incurred but even if it's 50p surely it's better to have £21.50 in the club than someone walking away because they don't want/ can't queue.

I don't know how much a terminal would cost or if the season ticket reader could be adapted, but maybe an option worth investigating.

In principle this could be done but due to contract terms no change can be made to scanners until end of the season

I will introduce 'walking the queue' on busy games taking correct change cash for standard tickets and see if this improves entry times

I have no knowledge or interest in the previous regime

From memory we were the 4th lowest League 1 Club last season in terms of turnover

I do not disagree that the information is of a concern

Finally l will leave you to 'lurch' back to facebook and knock yourself out

The previous regime were a bunch of idiots who got found out for what they were. However, they still managed at their best to turnover 1.6 million more than you have and at worse £500k more. Perhaps there is something you could learn from them therefore. As for having the 4th lowest turnover, how can a team that was halfway up the attendance league turnover less than all but three of them below?

I'll lurch back to facebook whilst you lurch back to Twitter where you can belittle even more people you arrogant pillock.

The previous regime were a bunch of idiots who got found out for what they were. However, they still managed at their best to turnover 1.6 million more than you have and at worse £500k more. Perhaps there is something you could learn from them therefore. As for having the 4th lowest turnover, how can a team that was halfway up the attendance league turnover less than all but three of them below?

I'll lurch back to facebook whilst you lurch back to Twitter where you can belittle even more people you arrogant pillock.

Well thanks for the advice

If l ever want to mortgage the assets employ load of numpties or enter into some equity swap deals or just pot the Club into administration l will look backwards for the info

If you ever feel the need to pop in and see me, happy to receive you and call that to my face

In principle this could be done but due to contract terms no change can be made to scanners until end of the season

I will introduce 'walking the queue' on busy games taking correct change cash for standard tickets and see if this improves entry times

Thanks for the reply.

If the season ticket scanners can't be adapted, a seperate terminal could be installed in any walk up turnstile. I've had a quick look and this company might be worth contacting.

http://cardmachinesolutions.co.uk/cpc/card-terminal/?y=b&n=g&cr=60911529316&k=%2Bpayment%20%2Bterminals&z=&t=&campaign=PPCCMSGNBG&gclid=CNLM-IL3jcgCFSP4wgodalYFZw

Mods if the above link breaks any rules please remove this post.

Smurf.

I have an idea to cut queue times although no idea how to implement it.

Most people today use smartphones. Why not utilise this and create a port vale app where you can create an account, entering you bank details for future use, and buy an e-ticket which can be scanned on your phone at the turnstile. A simple one click feature where people could buy a ticket within a minute or two.

Not sure if the scanners would scan a smartphone but I do know the technology is out there as I use a similar feature at Wickes for trade discount and they just scan a barcode on my emails on my phone.

Also if it's a success and a few hundred people a week access it, companies I guess would pay decent money to advertise on there.

How much less do you think we would earn against Sheff Utd, the police bill would be the same. The easy way is to have a membership scheme in the Bycars if you want to offer cheaper admission at the end, thus getting around the same price rule.

It was a membership scheme for the Bycars that caused most of the fans to leave the bycars for the railway, before that the Bycars used to be rocking.

Archived