onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Average attendance.

Spunk Trumpet

The buzz needs to come from the start of the season, not midway through.

There was a buzz for the Target 5,000 scheme that sold 6,500 season tickets.

Unfortunately, Rob Page killed any potential buzz for this season with that damned retained list!

Again, if people are claiming that the retention of Birchall, Yates and Lloyd has made them not turn up to matches, then I'd suggest they are using it as an excuse and not being particularly honest.

Advert

Give the bloke (Geo) a rest please.

You're very fond of stating that people can do post whatever they like as long as it's within the rules of the site, so please take your own advice. I sympathised with Geo's circumstances, made claear that the rest of the post wasn't referring to him and merely wondered why he didn't pop in to the Crown before the game. It's absolutely none of your business. Please butt out.

You can just go in before the game.

As it would probably be a last minute decision or a just about fit it in job I would.... unless there was a large queue to get a ticket, then I would drive past and do something else that needed doing to make space to get to a game later.... I could stay longer I suppose but I would much prefer to be here as opposed to there... and as we all know... the best laid plans of mice and men.

Again Im not asking for anything just pointing out life isnt the same for everyone and others may have strict time restrictions, for different reasons.

You're very fond of stating that people can do post whatever they like as long as it's within the rules of the site, so please take your own advice. I sympathised with Geo's circumstances, made claear that the rest of the post wasn't referring to him and merely wondered why he didn't pop in to the Crown before the game. It's absolutely none of your business. Please butt out.

and...... breathe.

And why would that be ?

If you like a beer before the game you can buy standard tickets from The Crown or Tommies

Thanks Mr. Chairman. It is an honour to be asked a question from you.

1/ I do not consume acohol.

2/ I live in Crewe.

3/ I can not walk very far and feel the cold now that I am in my mid seventies.

4/ After more than 60 years of supporting the fantastic Port Vale club and paying at the turnstile I have to choose days when the weather is not too cold. So paying in advance and travelling from Crewe is not for me. If the weather looks good on a Sat. morning it would be nice to get to the club and pay cash at the turnstile.

There may not be many who share the same circumstances as my self, but then again there may be quite a few.

There may be other supporters who have other reasons that permit them to pay only on the day at a turnstile.

Every little support helps, but then again I appreciate that a few hundred extra do not warrant the extra expense and organising of turnstile staffing.

I may have to continue to just listen to radio Stoke EVERY Saturday in the warmth of my home.

But whatever, I thank you for saving the club from extinction and working wonders to finance the club which is conducive to the progress to Port Vale. :upthevale:

Thanks Mr. Chairman. It is an honour to be asked a question from you.

1/ I do not consume acohol.

2/ I live in Crewe.

3/ I can not walk very far and feel the cold now that I am in my mid seventies.

4/ After more than 60 years of supporting the fantastic Port Vale club and paying at the turnstile I have to choose days when the weather is not too cold. So paying in advance and travelling from Crewe is not for me. If the weather looks good on a Sat. morning it would be nice to get to the club and pay cash at the turnstile.

There may not be many who share the same circumstances as my self, but then again there may be quite a few.

There may be other supporters who have other reasons that permit them to pay only on the day at a turnstile.

Every little support helps, but then again I appreciate that a few hundred extra do not warrant the extra expense and organising of turnstile staffing.

I may have to continue to just listen to radio Stoke EVERY Saturday in the warmth of my home.

But whatever, I thank you for saving the club from extinction and working wonders to finance the club which is conducive to the progress to Port Vale. :upthevale:

but the turnstile has to be manned anyway ?? No extra cost, just need to ensure that all the money ends up in the till !

I believe there are insurance considerations for large amounts of cash being handled as well as bank charges for processing it, unless we bring back the biscuit tin of course. lol

any bank charges for processing it will be the same as if handed over to the ticket office and banked

Archived