onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Average attendance.

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

Thanks Norman for bringing us through some hard times, being open and sharing, explaining etc brings hassle, at least plenty of feedback. Staying quiet, not your nature I would think, and employing PR staff is the easy way out. But your way gives us most of the answers, and will no doubt throw up more questions.

For me the attendance issue is no mystery. Away attendances haven't dipped yet the home attendances have coinciding with the introduction of no cash at the turnstiles.

You have to bare in mind that season tickets only account for roughly half the home gates, so that leaves some 2000+ supporters having to purchase a ticket from the ticket office, with many not being able to get to the ground other than on matchday. Facing the proposition of significant queuing and probably missing the 1st 10-15 mins of the game it's all to easy to think i may as well listen to it on the radio.

Especially on a Tuesday evening when you getting home from work late and can't get to the ground before 7pm, you're certainly not going to see the kick-off.

Until Smurf make it easy and pain-free for non-season ticket supporters to get in to the ground numbers won't increase. Whether that is by introducing several cash only turnstiles or the ability to purchase your ticket online and print it off at home or both, i don't know. But in my experience, as a season ticket holder who occasionally has to queue to get the Mrs a ticket, you hear the complaints about the queues and it's obvious that so many people must be being put off... No point moaning about the numbers Smurf, sort it out!!

Very good post.

It would certainly be a big incentive for me to attend matches again if there were cash turnstiles.

And why would that be ?

If you like a beer before the game you can buy standard tickets from The Crown or Tommies

Personally..... I dont drink... [anymore], so pubs are not an option. Unless something has been organised prior to the game [sponsorship] it would be a fit it in attendance, last minute probably time being precious as it is... dont have use of a computer [most of the time] so online is also out.... but dont get me wrong.... I dont expect you to change what is just to accommodate me when Im over.

Very good post.

It would certainly be a big incentive for me to attend matches again if there were cash turnstiles.

I wonder how many extra people will need to attend to make a few cash turnstiles worthwhile? There is a queue at the ticket office but served by 4 or 5 tills, efficient like a Sainsbury`s petrol station. Or would you prefer 4/5 separate queues and be stuck in the slowest queue?

Serious question; has anyone personally not attended a game because they didn't want to get a ticket in advance?

I don't attend half as many home games as I'd like but that is mostly down to the fact that I don't live in the area anymore. When I am back in the area, the fact that I need to queue up for a ticket, buy in advance or pop in to one of the local pubs to get one is not of the slightest significance and I am honestly staggered that someone would be deterred by having to do this.

One thing I would say is that opening just one cash turnstile is pointless. It should be either all or nothing.

Serious question; has anyone personally not attended a game because they didn't want to get a ticket in advance?

I don't attend half as many home games as I'd like but that is mostly down to the fact that I don't live in the area anymore. When I am back in the area, the fact that I need to queue up for a ticket, buy in advance or pop in to one of the local pubs to get one is not of the slightest significance and I am honestly staggered that someone would be deterred by having to do this.

One thing I would say is that opening just one cash turnstile is pointless. It should be either all or nothing.

Couldnt... yes... didnt want to... no

Archived