onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

what is our potential?

RayWalkers40yarder

Advert

I think we've got the core of something special this season and some of the play is a pleasure to watch. However, I was a little stunned to see how far we're already drifting from the leading pack and only a defeat away from those at the bottom. I still believe it will be a very open league all season and the fact that a very ordinary Gillingham are top backs this view. Keep this team together and healthy, take a few more of our chances and we'll be fine. I do worry about what will happen after Xmas though when Uche and Inniss return to their clubs.

I think we've got the core of something special this season and some of the play is a pleasure to watch. However, I was a little stunned to see how far we're already drifting from the leading pack and only a defeat away from those at the bottom. I still believe it will be a very open league all season and the fact that a very ordinary Gillingham are top backs this view. Keep this team together and healthy, take a few more of our chances and we'll be fine. I do worry about what will happen after Xmas though when Uche and Inniss return to their clubs.

Inns is here all Season mate

Agree with most of that although Inniss is here until May. I'm sure we will look to extend Uche if he carries on in the great form he is, very much a player to love if he plays for your club and despise if he's an opponent. Let's hope it's the former for a long time to come!

Agree with most of that although Inniss is here until May. I'm sure we will look to extend Uche if he carries on in the great form he is' date=' very much a player to love if he plays for your club and despise if he's an opponent. Let's hope it's the former for a long time to come![/quote']

The danger is with Uche and Inniss, is other clubs may put a big bid into Watford or CP to secure their services permanently, based on their current form. I believe Wolves were planning to watch Iniss on Tuesday.

The danger is with Uche and Inniss, is other clubs may put a big bid into Watford or CP to secure their services permanently, based on their current form. I believe Wolves were planning to watch Iniss on Tuesday.

True I guess, but it's the only way we could afford to bring in players of such quality.

Losing Inniss wouldn't be as bigger blow s losing Uche during the season as we would at least have Streete to fall back on but obviously hopefully they will be looking higher or elsewhere.

True I guess, but it's the only way we could afford to bring in players of such quality.

Losing Inniss wouldn't be as bigger blow s losing Uche during the season as we would at least have Streete to fall back on but obviously hopefully they will be looking higher or elsewhere.

It's safe to say Jackett was watching one of our players, which is concerning. My money would be on Enoch, Innis or Uche.

In this day and age a football club is only as good as the money it can generate and I think the beautiful game needs a radical overhaul.Clubs like Man.City,Man.Utd and Chelsea are over-inflating prices and making it impossible for smaller clubs to compete.

It’s no surprise that only five clubs have won the Premier League,Arsenal,Chelsea,Man.Utd and Man.City have dominated it and mainly because they’ve had the money.Only Blackburn Rovers are a slightly smaller club to win it without big bucks and that was twenty years ago.

We have seen fans priced out of going to football,we have seen money going out of the top of the game to foreign clubs and not benefiting the grass roots or the lower divisions and I think it's got to change.

We have the potential to be a Championship club but we need the crowds,there are not many clubs in that league which can survive on gates of less than 15,000,Bournemouth were the exception,so we have a fair way to go to compete with that.

Up the Vale.

We say we need a goalscorer but our main man is averaging almost 1 in 2' date=' I really think the support positions currently held by Dodds, Andoh and Moore need to chip in with far more goals. What do they have between them this season, is it 3 goals?[/quote']

3 of Andoh, Moore, dodds, OConner or Foley need to get double figures if we are to get in to the playoffs. Think Moore and Foley may manage it.

In this day and age a football club is only as good as the money it can generate and I think the beautiful game needs a radical overhaul.Clubs like Man.City,Man.Utd and Chelsea are over-inflating prices and making it impossible for smaller clubs to compete.

It’s no surprise that only five clubs have won the Premier League,Arsenal,Chelsea,Man.Utd and Man.City have dominated it and mainly because they’ve had the money.Only Blackburn Rovers are a slightly smaller club to win it without big bucks and that was twenty years ago.

We have seen fans priced out of going to football,we have seen money going out of the top of the game to foreign clubs and not benefiting the grass roots or the lower divisions and I think it's got to change.

We have the potential to be a Championship club but we need the crowds,there are not many clubs in that league which can survive on gates of less than 15,000,Bournemouth were the exception,so we have a fair way to go to compete with that.

Up the Vale.

We have never been able to compete, except for the Rudge era, previously Ronnie Allen, Bill McGarry, Mark Chamberlain all had to be sold, and they went on to play for England. Do not disagree with your views on the Prem and football in general though. Currently we are becoming a development club, let us hope we prosper.

Up the Vale.

Joachim Lowe the Germany coach was going on about money flowing out of the English game and into the German game where they will put it into player development..we are playing for German players to get better!!

Without a sugar daddy of seriously rich proportions no club will break into the top 10 or so in England ever again. Vale would be doing very well to become an established Championship club

Archived