onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

what is our potential?

RayWalkers40yarder

Advert

A forward and a backup utility Winger short of Top 6 I'd say. Seems Page is a lot more enthusiastic of Hooper than he was Campion, so hopefully he will add to the forward line. However if Enoch or Moore go off we don't have quality in depth to replace them.

I think foley is seen as a utility winger once oconnor comes back.

our manager has made some sweeping and very impressive changes to the side in pre season and with a reasonably good start to the season....can we reach the play offs with this squad?

Not unless we start scoring goals. Clean sheets only do half the job.

We had a great start to the season. We have only lost once and we took West brom to 120 mins of football without conceding a goal in the second round of Capital one cup. I think Byron moore and Duffy have changed massively this season so far. Duffy seems to be a better CB than last season. The defence is much stronger than last season. We have proved that by getting more cleansheets than last season already. 5 in 8 games is not bad at all. AJ seems to be promising every time he comes on but needs more confidence to score. Really impressed with Uche though. Nice to have a striker in our ranks teasing the opposition defense. I still think we need a proven goalscorer to boast our playoff hopes. I would like us to extend Alnwick and Andoh contract deal and Uche's loan deal in January. Maybe bring in a winger on loan as well e.g Joe Dodoo from Leicester city. Maybe send kelly out on loan as well. He is nowhere near a first team player yet.

A forward and a backup utility Winger short of Top 6 I'd say. Seems Page is a lot more enthusiastic of Hooper than he was Campion, so hopefully he will add to the forward line. However if Enoch or Moore go off we don't have quality in depth to replace them.

I hope Campion gets a chance to go out on loan. The loan market opens next week. Hope we can find him a suitable club e.g decent league two team.

We have 15 decent players (first 11 plus MoC, Neal, AJLS, Streete) plus perhaps Brown and McGivern as steady squad players and maybe Hooper, but then the cupboard looks bare, certainly in the forward positions when we are chasing games. Really disappointed with Kelly so far and think he, Lloyd, Campion and possibly a couple of others definitely need to go out for some game time. I think Page also needs to be braver with his substitions, especially after Bradford. It's easy in hindsight, but we have for example, 3 quality centre halves vying for 2 positions, so when the wingers are flagging, why not move to 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 to shore up the middle of the park and give some extra protection against the inevitable late ariel bombardment.

Archived