onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ryan Inniss

werstayinup

Advert

To be fair to the lad he's not going get nowhere near the palace squad is he. That's why I can't understand them wanting him all pre season.

They'd be better off letting him do a pre season with the club he's going to join.

In surprised he's not joined us already after smurfs numerous comments about he will sign.

It's a shame if he ends up somewhere else because he's a big commanding lad who heads it for fun and clears his lines very well. Him and street would've been a great pairing even tho both very young. Remie is the ball playing defender and innis attach everything.

I'm not convinced by Duffy one bit so I'm hoping the management team are doing everything to find another 6ft plus commanding defender who can pinch on loan.

I would agree - but isn't he on hefty wages? I'm not sure if any clubs that may be interested in him would be able to afford him?

Surely not? If Smurf wrote the contract 12 months ago, he would have been careful what he committed to, for 2 years.... wouldn't he?

Noticed Inniss as not been given a squad number at Palace

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/squad-numbers-201516-2569546.aspx

So he must be going out to some club for a season

Oh Dear - there is a flaw in your assumption .......... There are 3 TBC in that squad TBC= To Be Confirmed so he "COULD" be one of those and that may be why Palace are wanting an extended look at him. He could still be loaned out though and have some sort of recall clause inserted should the need arise and when he went back he would have a squad number so could slot nicely on their bench as back up.

All opinion of course, but I think there's no way that he'll be with Palace this season. Whether he goes out on loan to us or someone else is another matter but seeing as he's not even gone on their pre-season tour, I can't see him getting in to their squad. I do find the Burton thing odd; if I was in charge at Palace, I'd be trying to get him a place at a championship team. Still don't think it's dead in the water yet but am not holding my breath.

Everyone on here seems to think so. Something about Inniss being on 3x his previous contract

I don't! Money may be part of the puzzle, but not necessarily the sole reason.

As I understand it the 20 year old has played less that 20 1st team games since 2011 - all of them as a loan player from CP. Yes, less than 20 1st team games in 4 years with 5 of them for us. So why, I ask myself, is there such a fuss should he not join PVFC?

Is it a question of maturity? Is he hoping to stay in and around his home of Penge, London - even though he has 'twittered' he would like to join us? Is he yet another casualty of his own ego and/or agent? Who knows what else there is to consider?

Whether or not he is ok long term for L1 may not be tested. He may have had 5 good games for us, but football is a strange 'beast' and as we have seen so many times in the past a good start doesn't necessarily equate to a good ending.

Personally I think we should draw a line under this chapter, put it down to experience and move on.

Unless we sign Ryan, or another "decent" centre back then we will still be having this discussion every single week of the coming season.

Vale have had several embarrassing and inadequate seasons now with a poor defence that actually gives inferior opposition hope when they play us. How many times have so called lesser clubs played us and had a field day against the underperforming back four?

You start by shoring up your defence and that gives you a start to enjoy a season. Without a confident, decent defence you will always be on the back foot.

I cannot believe that after so many seasons now with an obvious flaw in our Team Vale have not addressed the problem. With so very little time left before our campaign in earnest gets under way yet again we fans are still bemused at the decision to seemingly ignore our major frailty. Come on Vale get someone in. If it's not Ryan we implore you to look elsewhere.

Archived