onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Unbelievable ...

Glover is the chief scout, essentially a demotion from previous roles whilst he sees out the remaining time on any current employment term.

A scout will, be nowhere near the first team, nowhere near the reserves, and nowhere near the youth academy.

A scout, will be driving around the country having picnics on a Saturday afternoon and hot Bovril in the depths of winter.

On the off chance he discovers any potential talent, any recommendations will go through the like of Paul Bodin, Rob Page and Norman before being considered.

Paul Bodin no doubt already has players in mind, as do Rob and Norman.

Glover is merely on un-official gardening leave.

Another good post.

As people have said before he will be preparing reports on opponents realistically, players of better quality closer to his personal quality as a football as opposed to those he was able to beg, steal and borrow to bring to the club when he had his half a season and no budget in charge.

To me this simply finds him alternative employment away from the first team, which has proven his biggest flaw, and his job will now be to compile reports for the manager at his request. If he does it well the manager benefits and if he doesn't then the manager rids himself or falls by his decision to appoint him to the post.

Advert

"Dean Glover, who was recruited from the academy to work as first-team coach last season, will take over the chief scout role."

Seriously? The bloke who thought his son was a good player, whose signings include Neil Mackenzie, Scott Brown, an ageing and overweight Dave Brammer and Kevin Gall.

Worrying.

Glover couldn't find his rear end with both hands, that appointment is a joke and a sick one at that.

Surely the role of the Chief Scout entails the scouting of upcoming teams and compiling information for the manager to be able to prepare us against their strengths and weaknesses?

Even in Glover himself doesn't do the actual scouting, he will be involved in the process of picking out key players, weak points etc.

Glover showed when he was manager that he had no talent in judging a player's ability or an opposition's tactical makeup.

This is what worries me. Especially if Smurf stated he'd be back in the academy.

Why do we keep giving him a job he's not qualified to do? If he has something to offer why didn't any other club request his services while he was away from VP? We got rid once, how and why did he get back in? I'm mystified. :unsure:

I believe the previous Chief Scout was Grew and think he may have been moved to that position to give him something to do until retirement, expiry of contract. How the posters on this thread have the qualifications to decided on the appointment of a chief coach is beyond me. I am sure that bpth Smurf and Page have more qualifications and managerial skills than they do, so let us base our judgement on events rather than dubious (unproven) history.

I believe the previous Chief Scout was Grew and think he may have been moved to that position to give him something to do until retirement, expiry of contract. How the posters on this thread have the qualifications to decided on the appointment of a chief coach is beyond me. I am sure that bpth Smurf and Page have more qualifications and managerial skills than they do, so let us base our judgement on events rather than dubious (unproven) history.

Let's hope Deano can prove the haters wrong and discover a few new gems.

Why? Why keep employing the bloke if he has not been good enough for the roles he has performed previously since his playing days?

His record as youth coach was decent. He just ain't a manager so it's better we find him something he could be good at, companies do it all over the world. It's up to Page who he wants.

Let's hope Deano can prove the haters wrong and discover a few new gems.

I don't hate Glover, I just don't understand why you would appoint him to a role where he has limited if any experience. He applied for a number of non league manager jobs and didn't get any of them so it's not only the posters on here who think he is less than perfect. I hope he turns out to be the best scout we have ever had. I also hope I win the lottery this weekend.

Why do we keep giving him a job he's not qualified to do? If he has something to offer why didn't any other club request his services while he was away from VP? We got rid once, how and why did he get back in? I'm mystified. :unsure:

perhaps he's a good ****.

I don't hate Glover, I just don't understand why you would appoint him to a role where he has limited if any experience. He applied for a number of non league manager jobs and didn't get any of them so it's not only the posters on here who think he is less than perfect. I hope he turns out to be the best scout we have ever had. I also hope I win the lottery this weekend.

That position is already taken Jean.:yes:

Archived