onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Unbelievable ...

His record as youth coach was decent. He just ain't a manager so it's better we find him something he could be good at' date=' companies do it all over the world. It's up to Page who he wants.[/quote']

Why do we have to find him anything? You say it's better we find him a role he'd be a good at. He's tried manager, assistant manager, youth coach, coach and been found wanting each time. We don't owe him a living, in fact, he's done decidedly well out of Port Vale. Question; can you justify "finding" him a role when he's failed at every other role he's had and there are people out there much more qualified than him in his new role?

Advert

Why do we have to find him anything? You say it's better we find him a role he'd be a good at. He's tried manager, assistant manager, youth coach, coach and been found wanting each time. We don't owe him a living, in fact, he's done decidedly well out of Port Vale. Question; can you justify "finding" him a role when he's failed at every other role he's had and there are people out there much more qualified than him in his new role?

That's just it, he didn't fail as a youth coach. Therefore spotting talent may be something he can do. I don't have to justify anything, the manager who wants him in that position does. Page will live or die by his decisions.

I'm not massively keen on Deano taking up this role but for the ones absolutely slating the bloke if he's offered a job within the club he's going to take it.

So perhaps you should take your hate out on page or Smurf for offering him all these jobs!

And I hope he does well along with all the other additions to the back room team.

I have to say the abuse Deano gets surprises me. I watched through his time as a manager and was massively disappointed, as I'm sure he was.

The way he is talked about in some quarters however is with such disdain vitriol you would think he'd intended to fail As manager with the sole intention of winding us up!

The guy has not spent 30 years of his life around the professional game and learnt nothing.

What's your view on the appointment, Ray?

Indifferent. It's a difficult job nowadays. He will be better than Grew, that's for sure. His appointment was a job for the boys. Deano will go out Saturdays and not sit on the bench.

The penny has dropped. I am so slow on the uptake these days. I know where you are coming from but you are so wrong. PM me and I will explain.

Fair play. Will do. If it is untrue that you scouted for Crewe (miswrote earlier post) whilst employed by Vale, then I certainly owe you an apology.

Archived