onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Unbelievable ...

The penny has dropped. I am so slow on the uptake these days. I know where you are coming from but you are so wrong. PM me and I will explain.

I should add, 'publicly', that Ray has replied to my PM and I wish to offer a genuine apology for my repeated comments about him, well, I won't repeat it...

Still wish he'd shut up about that ****** bus stop routine though. :razz:

Advert

I don't know what to make of the 'appointment' because on the surface it flies in the face of what has happened since Dean's playing days. Still, it's done for now and whether I like it or not is neither here nor there.

Right now I'm investing in Smurf's dream for all things Port Vale - and that includes decisions taken by him and/or RP that rankle from time to time.

Oh yeah, back on topic, if Glover is chief scout, why is he pictured helping out with the pre-season training?

Smurf with yet more cost cutting I imagine. He used to be a good player, was a semi decent coach, and appalling manager so if he's hanging around twiddling his thumbs they've probably asked him to help out with sessions. Either Page is merely accommodating his chairman (in which case, grow a pair man) or he genuinely sees something in Glover day in day out that we didn't.

For the record, I'm not agreeing with him being anywhere near the club. I'd have accepted the ex legend making errors and putting his hands up to them but the man was borderline abusive to fans at the end of more than one game outside the ground. I'm just trying to think like Smurf (It's a dark place, and there doesn't seem to be anything football related in here!)

I don't know what to make of the 'appointment' because on the surface it flies in the face of what has happened since Dean's playing days. Still, it's done for now and whether I like it or not is neither here nor there.

Right now I'm investing in Smurf's dream for all things Port Vale - and that includes decisions taken by him and/or RP that rankle from time to time.

Exactly. I fail to understand why so many posters feel they have the inside knowledge, experience, or tactical nous to know better than the chairman, the manager and probably loads of others at the club as to who should do which tasks on a day to day basis. If someone feels Glover should help out with training, then fine.

They'll be people posting saying how the tea should be brewed and what size cups it will be served in before long.

Time to trust those in charge to do their jobs.

It's like a bad dream. I have lost all respect for page with that comment.

I've had no respect for him for how he treated porter,if I'd have been him I'd have smacked him big time, but you don't expect anything less from a dingle.

Fair enough rob but I was responding to the tactically clueless comment and was wondering how he knew better than page on glover being a scout cause he does not and neither do me and u

am I right in thinking that he was scouting for Chelsea for a time.

Archived