onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Thomas Elliot

woodypvfc

How many managers have you heard of signing a player and then saying 'yeah we've signed him but I think he's rubbish'! Every single player playing professional football has been signed by a manager who wanted him. So by your logic, every single player ever in the history of football has been a great signing.

Justin Edinburgh wouldnt have signed him if he thought he was rubbish its called judgement.

Advert

Justin Edinburgh wouldnt have signed him if he thought he was rubbish its called judgement.

And there is such thing as bad judgement.

As I said, every player who has ever played football has been signed on the judgement of a manager. So are you saying that there are no bad players?

In the rest of the vale fans judgement he's crap. I would take our judgements over Justin edinburgh, one as we watched him miscontrol his first touch and squander umpteen chances week in week out. Two Justin Edinburgh is a ****

He seems to be after Elliot too, does that mean we shouldn't sign him?
If the manager sees potential in a player he will sign him if the cost is right, who knows what position, formation, style etc is in his mind? Some work out, some don`t, only time will tell, but the manager`s job is at stake in the bigger picture.

And there is such thing as bad judgement.

As I said, every player who has ever played football has been signed on the judgement of a manager. So are you saying that there are no bad players?

You are then saying there are no good players? look at Akpo derided by Darlington fans success at the Vale, look closer to home Pope derided by Rotherham fans massive success at the Vale I would take the judgement of a professional in the game who sees them day in and day out to the judgement who sees them every now and again.

Some of the bun fights on this site really amuse me, it's like the Month Python argument sketch or the Houses of Parliament in the way people twist what others say or just contradict each other.

For what it's worth as far as I can tell it appears Tom Elliott would be a 'chancer' signing and the club employ a manager who is responsible for making those judgements and he'll live or die by how many good ones he makes compared to bad.

You are then saying there are no good players? look at Akpo derided by Darlington fans success at the Vale, look closer to home Pope derided by Rotherham fans massive success at the Vale I would take the judgement of a professional in the game who sees them day in and day out to the judgement who sees them every now and again.

No idea how you came to that conclusion. I'm saying there are some good players and some bad players.

Was kaid Mohammed a good signing for vale? Was djemba djemba a good signing for Utd? What about Kevin gall? Mackenzie?

My take on the Tom Elliot signing is he has played a lot more games at the age of 24 than our only striker campion who has only played reserve team football in England. Many people were calling for campion to start games last season this lad was doing that in the division below. He's yet to sign and I'm sure the manager and chairman have spoken to many players already this summer, some we would say are a coup. some we would say are not good enough. It's horses for courses, Stoke fans didn't rate big mama sidebe but he did a good job for pulis and his style of football.

My take on the Tom Elliot signing is he has played a lot more games at the age of 24 than our only striker campion who has only played reserve team football in England. Many people were calling for campion to start games last season this lad was doing that in the division below. He's yet to sign and I'm sure the manager and chairman have spoken to many players already this summer, some we would say are a coup. some we would say are not good enough. It's horses for courses, Stoke fans didn't rate big mama sidebe but he did a good job for pulis and his style of football.

People weren't calling for Campion to be played because he was a world beater, they wanted him played just to see what he was like, scored lots in the reserves but never got a look in in the first team, I think once we had seen him then we realised maybe the first team was a step to far at that stage of his development.

Archived