onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Thomas Elliot

woodypvfc

Advert

Lets not prejudge him. Previous goal records mean nothing. Look at Tom Pope for an example. He didn't score many goals at Rotherham then joined Vale He scored 33 goals in league two with us in our promotion season. Loads of clubs have said things like he is not good enough before. Hibs fans said the same about Ryan Mcgivern last season :). He isn't that bad in the left back position to be fair.

Ryan McGivern is awful in both positions, clearly not rated by page either.

Seems good with his head what I've seen on face tube so if he got the service who knows?

Hopefully we'll play with one up top, 2 wide wingers and a number 10. Let the striker, whoever it is, jog on the spot in the area and feed him. I hope we don't do what we did last year and play narrow.

If Elliot is a big lad with pace then surely he'd fit this formation perfectly? I don't know a whole lot but I always thought such a striker would be good for us. It was such a shame that Calvin Andrew was downright *****.

Also, if we are going to be playing wingers, leave them high up the pitch (so that we play with a front 3 rather than a middle 5). Then stop the full backs (dicko and veseli) bombing on, as they're not good at it. At all. Play with a flat four and stop and chance of a counter - we all saw last year how easy it was for other sides to walk through us in such circumstances.

Could he not be a free agent just looking to train with us? We normally get a fair few of those during the close season.

Nope. Usually new signings Photo taken of him yesterday with a Vale scarf around his neck.

As I said yesterday, if we sign this lad, who has already had numerous clubs, seems a little injury prone and with a very ordinary scoring record (in non league and division two) I'm fairly sure it would be as a 'chancer' and not as our main man this season.

We have been encouraged by this week's developments but the crucial part of the jigsaw is not yet in place - two good strikers.

Without that you can have as many decent players as you like filling the other positions but if you can't score regularly you're in deep trouble.

At the moment we don't have many players in the squad, if any, who are known for their scoring prowess.

Getting these two goalscorers in is, in my humble view, absolutely vital.

The lad in this thread is welcome in the squad and to try and resurrect his fading career but I'd be staggered if we were pinning all our hopes on him.

As I said yesterday, if we sign this lad, who has already had numerous clubs, seems a little injury prone and with a very ordinary scoring record (in non league and division two) I'm fairly sure it would be as a 'chancer' and not as our main man this season.

We have been encouraged by this week's developments but the crucial part of the jigsaw is not yet in place - two good strikers.

Without that you can have as many decent players as you like filling the other positions but if you can't score regularly you're in deep trouble.

At the moment we don't have many players in the squad, if any, who are known for their scoring prowess.

Getting these two goalscorers in is, in my humble view, absolutely vital.

The lad in this thread is welcome in the squad and to try and resurrect his fading career but I'd be staggered if we were pinning all our hopes on him.

Is he the striker we were after when the retained list was announced, the one we needed when Pope left or a direct replacement for Williamson? At the very least I suspect he would be a handful off the bench.

If he's pacey and good in the air, with the correct training and a bit of composure in front of goal, he's got be an improvement on Ben Williamson.

Now we just need an out and out goal scorer to fill Pope's boots, but a 15-20 goal a season striker will be more difficult to find on a budget. Saying that, after this week I've got every confidence in Smurf and Page to find the right man/forward partnership.

I don't quite get how he's deemed not good enough for a team a league below, but good enough to sign for us, a league higher? This potential signing wouldn't fill me with much encouragement or excitement surely we can do better?! Let's be honest if he was average in League 2 he's not suddenly going to set the world alight in League One

Archived