onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Thomas Elliot

woodypvfc

come on REP don't insult your or our intelligence. the bloke quite simply worked his socks off while he was here. He was often helping out the defence on set pieces. He chased down hundreds of 'lost causes' and often won us a throw in or corner. the bloke had the ability to hold the ball up better than any Vale player since Brooker, taking all the stick that defenders gave him and never in my memory did he ever retaliate unlike Rico who got booked and sent off on a few occasions for biting back.

Held the ball up as well as Brooker but didn't distribute it as well when he did ... that's why Brooker became a decent Championship player. Pope's work rate was exceptional until he struggled with injuries over the last 6 months.

Advert

He should be given a chance by everyone to show what he can do. We definitely need another forward or two though even once he's signed, if he is, and hopefully one of those can be more proven at a higher level. Williams would have been a fantastic purchase and this is the sort of level player we need, along with Innis. Then we'd be looking good providing that Page uses the loan system wisely throughout the season.

I'm not surprised about Marshall or Veseli but that means our three top scorers from last year have gone plus one of our better defenders (doesn't say much I know) with potential to improve.

So the rebuilding process in attacking positions needs to be addressed urgently.

Rudgie always used to sign players before the good ones had left but we're doing it the other way round. Finding one striker might be straightforward but if we're after three at once it's an awfully difficult task. I wish RP and NS well but there aren't that many good forwards out there.

I'm not surprised about Marshall or Veseli but that means our three top scorers from last year have gone plus one of our better defenders (doesn't say much I know) with potential to improve.

So the rebuilding process in attacking positions needs to be addressed urgently.

Rudgie always used to sign players before the good ones had left but we're doing it the other way round. Finding one striker might be straightforward but if we're after three at once it's an awfully difficult task. I wish RP and NS well but there aren't that many good forwards out there.

I disagree. There's plenty of free agents available plus out of contracts, let alone exposing the loan window, you don't have to look far for good loans. Afobe, ajose, uche and bamford have all played in league one in the last two seasons.

I disagree. There's plenty of free agents available plus out of contracts, let alone exposing the loan window, you don't have to look far for good loans. Afobe, ajose, uche and bamford have all played in league one in the last two seasons.

I agree with that and I would also add that last summer things were a *lot* slower in being sorted, mainly due to the manager hogging centre-stage with his "will I, won't I" contract saga. The end result was a load of "rushed" signings (and rushed new contracts for existing players) shortly after he signed. I believe NS has said that he was unhappy with the business that MA conducted that summer as it's left us with players who can't even get into the side on relatively big wages.

So, I think we've got loads of time left. Yes, some of the more high-profile and in-demand players have left but there's still plenty of options.

I personally wouldn't be too unhappy with "nicking" Crewe's loans from last season - Uche and Ajose (a big bloke and a goalscorer) for instance.

There will be a fair few available as G4E just said. IMO its not necessarily a bad thing that we are having to rebuild the side, especially up top

I agree with that and I would also add that last summer things were a *lot* slower in being sorted, mainly due to the manager hogging centre-stage with his "will I, won't I" contract saga. The end result was a load of "rushed" signings (and rushed new contracts for existing players) shortly after he signed. I believe NS has said that he was unhappy with the business that MA conducted that summer as it's left us with players who can't even get into the side on relatively big wages.

So, I think we've got loads of time left. Yes, some of the more high-profile and in-demand players have left but there's still plenty of options.

I personally wouldn't be too unhappy with "nicking" Crewe's loans from last season - Uche and Ajose (a big bloke and a goalscorer) for instance.

The more that leave gives us more money for new players.We are not far off,maybe 3 or 4 players short.No wages needed to pay Popey,Marshall,Lines( poss),Robertson,Kaid,Freddie,Willo etc should give us a decent wedge for permanent signings with the option of loanees.

Archived