onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Thomas Elliot

woodypvfc

Tom Pope was much more that just a goal scorer, the reason players of his type can command the biggest pay packets is that there are not many of 'em around and when they are around clubs pay a premium for them, simple supply and demand. Vale have to compete on the wage front for a striker.

Yep he did alot of moaning and walking round the pitch

Advert

Tom Pope was much more that just a goal scorer, the reason players of his type can command the biggest pay packets is that there are not many of 'em around and when they are around clubs pay a premium for them, simple supply and demand. Vale have to compete on the wage front for a striker.
Spot on buddy but why couldn't a few others including the owner see it?

Last two seasons in league 1.

Ben Williamson. 10 goals in 87 appearances.

Tom Pope. 20 goals in 77 appearances.

Combined. 30 goals in 164 appearances.

If you are worried that cant be replaced fella, then you may as well give up on us.

Yes those figures do look very mediocre Paul but so was the service that Pope got over the past two seasons. In some games he hardly had a cross worthy of the name. I still believe that a winger who could hit a half decent cross would have seen Pope get his 20+ with no problem. Hitting it high and hard out of defence did neither Tom or the team any favours.

Yes those figures do look very mediocre Paul but so was the service that Pope got over the past two seasons. In some games he hardly had a cross worthy of the name. I still believe that a winger who could hit a half decent cross would have seen Pope get his 20+ with no problem. Hitting it high and hard out of defence did neither Tom or the team any favours.

Disagree. Although our overall build up play was poorer than the previous season I include hold up play from the strikers in that. The shape and style of play was built around Popes style. His hold up play was getting poorer. The contract offer was in line m also remember it would still have been the highest contract of all current players. He did get knocked around a bit but I do feel he went down a lot easier in the last couple of years as well. Also he was bound to have less opportunities in front of goal, it's a higher league with better defenders playing against you. Anyway he's gone now so it's kind of errelevant.

That is a rather insulting post and will probably come back to haunt you and a few other anti-Pope folks over the near future.

I'm not anti Pope I just don't think he's this god like world beating player alot on here think he is, we've lost better players in the past.

I'm not anti Pope I just don't think he's this god like world beating player alot on here think he is, we've lost better players in the past.

Agree with that. Did well for us, but for me performances were on the slide, injuries taking their toll and a 3 year deal I am sure is something Bury will live to regret. Need to look forwards, not backwards, decent signings so far and a couple of weeks still to go before pre season training starts. Plenty of time for further signings.

Agree with that. Did well for us, but for me performances were on the slide, injuries taking their toll and a 3 year deal I am sure is something Bury will live to regret. Need to look forwards, not backwards, decent signings so far and a couple of weeks still to go before pre season training starts. Plenty of time for further signings.

Having said that I'm pretty sure he will score against us cus he's exactly the type if player we struggle against but even so it was the right time for him to leave.

OS,I'll bet you 50p that Tom doesn't get 20 league goals next season.;)

He had lots of service and you know it. This season especially he missed countless chances. And remember good strikers make there own goals. Once again you have no proof that pope would get 20 or even 15. Was his service any different in our promotion season? Remember it was still your beloved JMW so what changed? The fact that pope isn't a league 1 scorer and began to struggle himself.

Archived