onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mon 6th April 2015, Rochdale v Port Vale, pre-match, the match itself.

Fosse69

Advert

Vale at the moment remind me of a Blacadder sketch:

General Melchett: You look surprised, Blackadder.

Captain Blackadder: I certainly am, sir. I didn't realise we had any battle plans.

General Melchett: Well, of course we have! How else do you think the battles are directed?

Captain Blackadder: Our battles are directed, sir?

General Melchett: Well, of course they are, Blackadder, directed according to the Grand Plan.

Captain Blackadder: Would that be the plan to continue with total slaughter until everyone's dead except Field Marshal Haig, Lady Haig and their tortoise, Alan?

General Melchett: Great Scott! Even you know it!

Gues we'll try & surprise Rochdale & play 4-4-2. Not like we've done that before. You could even write the script.

If I were page I'd go

Neal

Veseli

Collins

McGivern

Marshall

Coulibaly

Brown

O'Connor

Birchall

Dodds

Campion

3-5-1-1 but can be 3-4-3 with Dodds dropping into midfield & Coulibaly & Marshall pushing forward.

Like I said though Page will go 4-4-2. We'll get beat 2-0.

Surely Campion has to start now if only for the positive effect itll have on the fans.

Neal

Yates

Vesseli

Collins

Dean Conteh

Marshall

O'Connor

Brown

Dodds

Pope

Campion

Junior for Brown if he is available. How long is O'Sullivan out for.

O'Sullivan isn't out, he just played 2 u21 international games last week so couldn't play a 3rd in a week on sat.

It remains to be seen if he'll feature on Monday.

I think I'd play birchall because hes actually played quite well in the last two games. Dont think we have anything else to play instead.

Think Dodds and Campion could work well together. Lets give it a try.

Ben Williamson to clean the changing rooms at vale park whilst the game is on please. Please dont even put him on the bench for heavens sake.

Neal

Yates

Veseli

Collins

Conteh

Brown

O'Connor

Junior or Dodds

Marshall

Birchall

Campion

I expect page to play

Neal

Yates

Veseli

Collins

Dickinson

Brown

O'Connor

Marshall

Birchall

Pope

Williamson

His subs will be Daniel for Birchall when were one down and Campion for Pope and Dodds for Brown when were two down.

Vale to pull one back then they score again when we 'desperately try for an equaliser'

Page will say they gave it everything, deserved a point, had a good first half display and he cant fault the effort. He will go back to drawing board and motivate the team to be ready for saturday and it will happen over and over again.

What happens on Monday at 5pm? When we lose again after another abysmal performance by most of the same team Page selects? Certainly looks like we are stuck with Page until at least the end of this season so nothing will change until then, .............when it's far too late as we may well be in Division 2 then!

Even if we somehow escape this downward spiral are any of us going to be any happier? Doubt it as next campaign may well be far worse from the outset with fans recognising no ambition by the Manager or his favourites, who largely will still be here as we will not be able to afford or attract better ones! I am readying myself for many rocky times ahead!

Well we have stuck with the notion of "now is not the time to throw in inexperienced players" & it aint working so how about taking a gamble page?? how about growing some & actually giving youth a chance??

---------------------Neal----------------------

Duffy..........Versali........Collins(if fit)............Deen Conteh

...............Brown.................

.........OConner.........OSullian (if still here?)

Adomah..............................................Marshall

............................Campion.............................

Throw a few fresh faces in, they might have a point to prove after being ignored so long!

But in reality we all know what the lined up will be....same old same old.....time to start taking action against smurf n page or face the consequences.

Can you spell any of our players correctly?

It's so difficult to pick a team with so many players out of form. It doesn't matter which combo we have in defence we will concede goals, but one thing is for certain, McGiven and Dicko should never be in the same team. Is Pope actually injured?? If not I'd go:-

Neal

Yates, Veseli, Robbo, McGiven

Coulibali, Brown, O'Connor, Marshall

Dodds, Pope/Campion

I've thought about changing to 3-5-2 to try and shore up the defence but I don't think now is the time to be trying new systems. I think the lad from Bournemouth at least had a bit of pace about him so deserves a start. This will be a very difficult game. They keep the ball very well but do try every trick in the book in terms of getting free kicks, play-acting and slowing the game down, so we need to be disciplined (Michael Brown). That said, we need to be at it from the off and get an early foothold in the game to hopefully give us confidence. I think a point would at least stop the rot, but given we have MK Dons up next, who just thumped Swindon 0-3, we really need to find a way to grind out an unlikely win.

Page has no imagination and it may cost Vales league one status.Id rather us go for it and get up the field than be cagey and defend deep.

so here is my team and in my opinion this team r capable.of winning the game for Vale.

Neal

Veseli Robertson Mcgivern

Coublay Sullivan Oconnor Marshall

Dodds

Pope Campion

Play to win.simple as 4 at the.back no more ,get in.there faces and wear the shirt with.pride .

Coublay and Marshall get to that byline and deliver quality to Pope and Campion.,Sullivan pass and move Oconnor deliver Robertson.win.every header v Henderson or else ,Pope to score twice and Campion and Dodds also Rochdale wont know whats hit them.

Believe !!

I think I'd play birchall because hes actually played quite well in the last two games. Dont think we have anything else to play instead.

Think Dodds and Campion could work well together. Lets give it a try.

Ben Williamson to clean the changing rooms at vale park whilst the game is on please. Please dont even put him on the bench for heavens sake.

Neal

Yates

Veseli

Collins

Conteh

Brown

O'Connor

Junior or Dodds

Marshall

Birchall

Campion

I expect page to play

Neal

Yates

Veseli

Collins

Dickinson

Brown

O'Connor

Marshall

Birchall

Pope

Williamson

His subs will be Daniel for Birchall when were one down and Campion for Pope and Dodds for Brown when were two down.

Vale to pull one back then they score again when we 'desperately try for an equaliser'

Page will say they gave it everything, deserved a point, had a good first half display and he cant fault the effort. He will go back to drawing board and motivate the team to be ready for saturday and it will happen over and over again.

This I'm afraid....

Archived