onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mon 6th April 2015, Rochdale v Port Vale, pre-match, the match itself.

Fosse69

Advert

Neal

Veseli collins mc given

Birchall Brown. O conner. Dodds

Marshall. Pope coublay

I'd just let the front three pash their defenders back, and try and take control of the midfield, I feel that we just need to and try something different and not just the normal expected formation and surprise rochdale. I really don't care who plays as long as we at least get a draw. Come on vale show some passion!

There should still be trains from Stoke to Man Picc, however no trains from Man Vic to Rochdale so you will need to get the tram.

You need to get the East Didsbury to Rochdale line, from the city centre you can get it from St Peters Square, Market Street (between Debenhams and Primark), Shudehill or Victoria Station.

Make sure you buy a ticket though because if the inspectors are out, they will fine you and won't let you buy a ticket off them like on the trains.

I agree with taking the attacking approach (as I said in my first post in this thread on page 1) and some of the comments here have made me think about some of the players we have in the squad that haven't ever been seen by most of us, eg, Deen-Conteh or even Tommy O'Sullivan. Given our problems and the consistent failure we've suffered all season - even when hovering outside the playoff zone - surely something different has to be tried? If the squad and loan players aren't good enough to be given a try over some of the regulars who cost us in terms of goals conceded or chances missed on a regular basis then why were they ever brought to the club? (Youth development players excepted). The Rochdale game has to be an ideal place to give a different approach a go, away from home to a team who are expected to beat us so what have we got to lose? We might surprise them and get something or, at worst, lose by a few goals which will tell us we're stuck with what we've seen so far. As we've lost 6 of the last 7 and there's only 6 games left I feel we have to take a calculated risk.

You need to get the East Didsbury to Rochdale line, from the city centre you can get it from St Peters Square, Market Street (between Debenhams and Primark), Shudehill or Victoria Station.

If you go via Shudehill leave time to pop into the Marble Arches for arguably Manchester's best beer, a cracking pub. Also, the Baum in Rochdale is a belter and walkable to the ground.

TOP TIP; drink as much as you can before the game to numb any subsequent pain.

O'Sullivan isn't out, he just played 2 u21 international games last week so couldn't play a 3rd in a week on sat.

It remains to be seen if he'll feature on Monday.

I believe he came off injured after scoring his second goal in the week.

Considering Page has been accused of having his favourites, it appears that many of the proposed team selections on here include those favourites with the exception of Ben. I see people have selected Dicko and Birchall in some instances which goes to show that everyone has different opinions

I'd expect us to play 4-2-3-1 which IS and attacking formation providing the wingers actually play out wide and push onto the full back when ever possible. I'd play the lad from Bournemouth and Marshall out wide, Campion or Pope upfront with Dodds in the hole. Junior for Brown if he is fit. For the defense I'd pick the names out of a hat.

If you go via Shudehill leave time to pop into the Marble Arches for arguably Manchester's best beer, a cracking pub. Also, the Baum in Rochdale is a belter and walkable to the ground.

I've got a visit to the Baum pencilled in. Unfortunately the Church, the pub right by the stadium, is no more.

Shudehill is handy for all the Northern Quarter boozers, a mix of proper old man real ale pubs and Nathan Barley style bars.

Market Street doesn't have any screens at the moment due to 'improvements' so you won't be able to see how long before the next tram comes. They are supposed to come every 12 minutes but it will be a Sunday service tomorrow which means it's anyone's guess how long you'll have to wait.

He is s mate' date=' he came off early in the game he scored two in and was unavailable because of injury.[/quote']

Ok, fair enough then, seems like any loan player that actually plays for us gets injured.

only six more games then they all can return to their parent clubs,while our contracted motley crew swan off for their well earned hols????? leaving us lot thinking of a season wasted due to gross inefficiency at player and managerial level and wondering if we can stand another season of purile sterility.

Neal

Veseli Collins Mcgivern

Marshall Brown O'conner O'sullivan Coulibaly

Campion Daniel

subs Johnson,Robertson,Deen-Conteh,Andoh,Yates,Dodds,Pope

This has got to be better than i saw on friday at least we will be able to see if they can hack being pro footballers.

Neal

Veseli Collins Mcgivern

Campion Daniel

This has got to be better than i saw on friday at least we will be able to see if they can hack being pro footballers.

I like. One thing's for certain, Rochdale wouldn't have prepared for that team.

Neal

Veseli Collins Mcgivern

Campion Daniel

Birchall not even on the bench, no chance of that happening I'm afraid. 1st name on team sheet followed by dicko, williamson and Yates.

Archived