onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carl Dickinson.

Advert

Yesterday was about as close to science as Carling is to proper beer.

And sadly you pay your money and take your chance. Nothing is guaranteed when you purchase your season ticket. I look at it as going to the cinema without any idea of the film you're going to get dished up. Difference is that you generally don't have an emotional tie in to the Odeon:huh:

I agree they have ever right to moan, that was exactly what I said. Some seem to think they have an obligation to do so straight from the kick off though which I find rather strange. Some clearly turn up at Vale with the preconceived notion that we are going to be crap and take every opportunity to let us know how right they were! Seems an odd way of spending 90 minutes to me!

With me its frustration of watching vale for years and only a handful of them being successful,i am fed up to the back teeth of watching crap as you call it.

Some may have purchased a ST for a large (to them) sum of money and feel they have been conned. I only started booing after about 70 minutes as I was leaving.

Anyone buying a season ticket knows the risks. Being conned doesn't come into it. Anyone who buys a season ticket because they believe in promises is just plain daft.

I know fans have every right to boo etc but do they have an obligation to do it? I have to admit that in the away games this season where we have been winning, I can't recall hearing the home fans respond like ours do. I'm told by some of my mates that the same thing happens at Stoke. Is it a Potteries thing?

I'm sorry as I don't often disagree with your posts in fact they usually reflect my own views but I do feel that following our recent home performances that fans have every right to boo. It's not necessarily at the players but it maybe at the team selection, the manager etc but I do feel that Carl coming over and clapping the fans and expecting us to do the same after a performance like that is totally naive to put it mildly. He was poor, the performance was poor and the situation is dire.

Advice to Carl, don't clap like it is a macho thing to do simply gesture to say sorry. But definitely do not abuse those who pay to watch you.

My opinion of course.

Dickinson has looked a better prospect than McG at left back for the last few games.... not particularly high praise, I know, but until the squad get a much needed shake up, which will be close season, I'd play him from the start.

I think it would be good if we could drop him as soon as possible and then get rid in the summer.

Hes been awful all season, ok a few half decent games in the last ten but pretty much consistently our worst player of the season.

The amount of times Ive seen him misplace a pass or let a play go round him and he stands there pointing at everyone else.

League two at best, bye bye!

I'm sorry as I don't often disagree with your posts in fact they usually reflect my own views but I do feel that following our recent home performances that fans have every right to boo.

And where have I said they don't have that right? What confuses me is that some feel the need to do it in the first minute of the game as they did yesterday. That's what I meant when I said some feel that not only do they have the right to boo, which I would never deny, but that they have an obligation to do so. I don't blame people for booing a bad performance, but the performance in the first minute surely didn't deserve that!

I often wonder what players at other clubs think when they hear our fans booing a player the first time he touches the ball. If it was me, I'm sure it would give me a lift.

Totally agree with Jean.

Surely the fans want the team to play well and all teams play better when the fans are giving them vocal encouragement.

I definitely see it as a sign of the times and location.

Vale is the only club where I have seen attendances drop after winning.

Scares away all the manic depressives:laugh:

I think it would be good if we could drop him as soon as possible and then get rid in the summer.

Hes been awful all season, ok a few half decent games in the last ten but pretty much consistently our worst player of the season.

The amount of times Ive seen him misplace a pass or let a play go round him and he stands there pointing at everyone else.

League two at best, bye bye!

I've noticed many times when he passes a ball into no where,and no where near a Vale player scream,shout and finger wave.Its as if its always someone else's fault.

The recent games when Innis was in the team highlights how a 'rabble' can be turned into an effective unit. The truth is every team has just a few leaders who can raise the standard of the whole team. Sadly the replacement centre back doesn't look any quicker than the ones that we already have being very immobile.

I think that Dickinson highlights my point well as he was a regular in Sjoke's Championship promotion team and was quite a fans favourite I believe.

Archived