onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carl Dickinson.

Wow and we wonder why the player dont give a sh## about our club, we only see errors in our own player, watch the f/league show you will see goals in most games by player making errors or wrong decisions. replacement player will they better!!! at what price???

Ditch Dicko.

Advert

Dickinson did OK yesterday, and was arguably better than a couple of others.

Of course he is limited, but I don't doubt his commitment. If he is getting picked, do you expect him to turn it down and sit on the bench?

He always makes the effort to applaud the fans, win or lose.

In return for that, he gets verbal abuse. Can he win?

Scenario A - walk off the pitch and hear that players don't give a toss?

Scenario B - try to acknowledge the fans and get barracked.

I think he cops for the frustration with the whole team, and that's not fair.

Must of watched a different game to me. He was awful. He was bragged out of position numerous time and fir the second goal was caught too far forward and rather than backing up Robbo he chose to run away from the danger. His positional play is awful.

Also he has two opportunities to pass the ball in their penalty area and in both instances he chose the wrong option of shooting. The first one was a big mistake as Dodds was primed ready to shoot but Dicko chose to shoot with his tight foot. I actually think he was trying too hard and he needs more composure.

There is no exuse for such behaviour. He should be suspended to show other players that it will not be tolerated!

So what's the deal now....players take abuse and that's part of the job? Is that because they are well-paid?

Sorry, but that's ********.

You can tell Dicko cares, regardless of his ability. He loves it when we win and he hates losing.

When he goes to acknowledge the fans, he is not hiding. Give him some credit for that.

So what's the deal now....players take abuse and that's part of the job? Is that because they are well-paid?

You can tell Dicko cares, regardless of his ability. He loves it when we win and he hates losing.

When he goes to acknowledge the fans, he is not hiding. Give him some credit for that.

Oh yes. Let the players see that they can abuse the fans so that some fans stay away. Great way of increasing s/t sales.

Got another scapegoat have we? He's a solid league one player. We've had a lot lot lot worse left backs at the club.

Spot on, players are human and will occasionally react to criticism badly, if anyone is easily offended don`t go to football. Our fans criticise players too easily and often for me and in a situation like we are in will destroy players confidence.

Spot on, players are human and will occasionally react to criticism badly, if anyone is easily offended don`t go to football. Our fans criticise players too easily and often for me and in a situation like we are in will destroy players confidence.

Agreed. Fans should never critise or boo players or teams. I wouldn't do it and never have. Then again if the publican serves a sour pint of beer he should be POLITELY informed.

Unfortunately, he is regularly our worst player. Yates gets slaughtered by some week in week out, yet most of the goals we concede come from the left hand side, admittedly not yesterday. He should never have been given a contract at the end of last season, after his totally inept performance against Notts County. Anyone there that day knew he was at best a league 2 player and even then only as a back up!

Sorry but I have to disagree. We pay hundreds of pounds to watch our team and have a right to criticise when we are served up the dross we were yesterday. I've no doubt it was done out of pure frustration (I'm assuming that the reports are accurate but even if not the point I'm trying to make still holds) but players simply can't be abusive to fans. I don't agree with supporters being abusive and shouting obscenities at players but they simply can't respond in such a matter. I'm assuming that the club will hold an inquiry and take the appropriate actions, they simply can't leave it. It would help if Carl was to make a public apology.

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the club is losing fans. Some of the decisions from the top e.g. Closing the railway stand, blaming the stay away fans for not enabling the club to sign a new striker is not good public relations. Poor performances lead to unrest amongst fans and the looming possibility of relegation only fuels this.

Sorry but I have to disagree. We pay hundreds of pounds to watch our team and have a right to criticise when we are served up the dross we were yesterday. I've no doubt it was done out of pure frustration (I'm assuming that the reports are accurate but even if not the point I'm trying to make still holds) but players simply can't be abusive to fans. I don't agree with supporters being abusive and shouting obscenities at players but they simply can't respond in such a matter. I'm assuming that the club will hold an inquiry and take the appropriate actions, they simply can't leave it. It would help if Carl was to make a public apology.

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that the club is losing fans. Some of the decisions from the top e.g. Closing the railway stand, blaming the stay away fans for not enabling the club to sign a new striker is not good public relations. Poor performances lead to unrest amongst fans and the looming possibility of relegation only fuels this.

Any public apology from him would only be half hearted and done just for the sake of it.He would just put it down to frustration .Such actions from any player are out of order.You simply can't tell supporters/ customers to **** ***.In any other work place you would probably get sacked for doing so.The club should fine him and the money go to a charity of the offended persons choice.

If he swore at the crowd he should just apologise on the website. Then everyone moves on as going on about this undermines the squad and the support when unity is needed.

He shows commitment every game and when he gets it wrong often it is trying too hard that is the cause. He is exactly the sort of mindset the team needs now.

I can sympathise with the crowd leaving the game because errors keep happening that shouldnt and because the team in midfield showed insufficient intensity except for the last 10 minutes and because if they paid cash the Vale is expensive. People on average or below wages have a big commitment to pay for this. But it can get worse and commitment is needed from everyone now. Will see if I can go to Rochdale on Monday.

Archived