onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carl Dickinson.

The recent games when Innis was in the team highlights how a 'rabble' can be turned into an effective unit. The truth is every team has just a few leaders who can raise the standard of the whole team. Sadly the replacement centre back doesn't look any quicker than the ones that we already have being very immobile.

I think that Dickinson highlights my point well as he was a regular in Sjoke's Championship promotion team and was quite a fans favourite I believe.

He was a fans favourite at Sjoke only again because of his habit of thumping his chest as Tarzan did and showing passion that way. no way was he a good defender, he left that to others in the Team. as I've said many times in posts Dicko does have passion, but that's about all. He has no leadership qualities, no defending qualities or positional sense at all. In the lower leagues you can get away with just passion sometimes but as our entire defence is so awful this season Dicko is being found out time after time. Every team we play against put wingers up against him that walk around him, he consistently wanders into the centre of defence like a magnet leaving opposition so much space it's criminal.

Sorry but for me Dicko is like the rest of our defence....crap and needs replacing if we are at all serious in wanting to progress.

Advert

And where have I said they don't have that right? What confuses me is that some feel the need to do it in the first minute of the game as they did yesterday. That's what I meant when I said some feel that not only do they have the right to boo, which I would never deny, but that they have an obligation to do so. I don't blame people for booing a bad performance, but the performance in the first minute surely didn't deserve that!

I often wonder what players at other clubs think when they hear our fans booing a player the first time he touches the ball. If it was me, I'm sure it would give me a lift.

My apologies as I clearly didn't read your original post closely enough. I completely agree that booing from the kick off is stupid beyond belief. There is the temptation to do it based on past performances but you keep it inside until you can't ant longer I guess. Personally I never boo I simply sink into depths of despair.

Jacko, I'm torn, coach I was going on has been cancelled and I've a tough day at work on Tuesday. Performances are poor but if there's a decent chippy it might just tempt me to go, it'd better be good!:D

Have you tried Charlie's bus?

And where have I said they don't have that right? What confuses me is that some feel the need to do it in the first minute of the game as they did yesterday. That's what I meant when I said some feel that not only do they have the right to boo, which I would never deny, but that they have an obligation to do so. I don't blame people for booing a bad performance, but the performance in the first minute surely didn't deserve that!

I often wonder what players at other clubs think when they hear our fans booing a player the first time he touches the ball. If it was me, I'm sure it would give me a lift.

Spot on, never understood the mindless need to boo during the game, that sort of thing if it needs to be done should be reserved for the full time whistle or venting on here!

If no spaces on Charlie's bus Conno's bus could be worth a try.

Conno's is the cancelled bus that I was booked on.

As for the Duffy Dickinson debate unfortunately I fear that neither is good enough for the 1st team and to me as they struggle with their fitness if they are called upon it takes them weeks to get up to speed.

Well said Jean. The performance of some of so called supporters is as embarrassing as the performance of the players. One day soon Dicko will come over to the Paddock and Boo those fans. As you said previously I can't recall booing at away games for the home team. I'm still mystified as to how booing helps us play any better, especially when we boo individual players.

Archived