onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

page out now

steauavaliant

I'd like to see O'Connor stay but I can't see Lines coming back in any case.Shame really,on his day he's an excellent player.Seems to have been frozen out a la Morsy.

Lines and Morsy are like chalk and cheese,one actually puts in a shift for 90 minutes.

Advert

Gareth Ainsworth, Neil Aspin, possibly even Martin Foyle again (even after his dismal season) are managers I would love to be in line for the job next year- and I think they will.

Uwe Rosler wont come here. Forget him.

For me the obsession with former players is unhealthy especially when they've actually achieved nothing yet in the pro leagues.

Foyle really?

For me the obsession with former players is unhealthy especially when they've actually achieved nothing yet in the pro leagues.

Foyle really?

tin man has had a reasonable career in the lower leagues, us ,Hereford,york southport now at hull, he aint done bad,there are far worse than him.

Foyle really?

Don't agree with this assumption for Aspin rep. He has built up a massively positive reputation, yes in non league but his success is here to see. Any manager we go for will have failed at some point and been sacked etc. so all appointments are a risk but I really think Aspin deserves to be in the frame. He has more experience and success than our current manager had before he was given the job and he was given a shot.

Don't agree with this assumption for Aspin rep. He has built up a massively positive reputation, yes in non league but his success is here to see. Any manager we go for will have failed at some point and been sacked etc. so all appointments are a risk but I really think Aspin deserves to be in the frame. He has more experience and success than our current manager had before he was given the job and he was given a shot.

Don't get me wrong JJJ in an ideal world he's exactly who I'd want but for example it really saddens me how much people hate Glover despite him being a true legend for us as a player, the quality he had makes him unparalleled in terms of what we have now throughout the squad.

I do recognise Aspin's done exceptionally well in non-league but then so have so many others that aren't being mentioned and it's only because Aspin's used to play for us that he's being mentioned. Generally as an ex-player there is only one way his reputation could go if he took the job and that would sadden me further,

That being said I no longer want Page largely because of the stupid lie of a story he came up with regarding O'Connor (makes him untrustworthy to me) and Rosler as Yukon says is probably out of our league. That leaves options limited and Aspin of all names mentioned on here of recent days (I'm waiting for someone to start a thread suggesting Colin) is by far the most sensible and logical.

All those clamouring for Aspin, have you thought if he does come, will he retain Glover as his number 2? They formed a fantastic back bone to our Team years ago and has anyone considered if they would work together again if Neil got the managers role? From all the vile remarks on here concerning Glover's inability as a manager or coach it may be that Aspin would want him to stay? Just a thought.

All those clamouring for Aspin, have you thought if he does come, will he retain Glover as his number 2? They formed a fantastic back bone to our Team years ago and has anyone considered if they would work together again if Neil got the managers role? From all the vile remarks on here concerning Glover's inability as a manager or coach it may be that Aspin would want him to stay? Just a thought.

I would be very surprised if he had glover on his coaching staff...

Page says that Duffy is a major part of our survival plan. ****** brilliant just the news I wanted to hear in the morning.

Just seen that!!

Hope we keep the ball away from Duffer's feet as he is a shivering wreck when giving himself time to think about what to do! After all the attempts to increase optimism amongst the fans for the run in we hear that Page confirms Duffer is a major part of our survival!!!! Proves to me again that he is clutching at straws because the rest are so inept he now brings back someone who has consistently had bad games(yes a few good ones in between) and really gives the wally cobbles to all around him when the ball is given to him in defence. Sorry for my negativity but come on lads talk about sheer panic by the manager to try and get him out of a hole. We all know Duffers does have an occasional decent game but like the rest will revert back into his awful shell and gift balls to the opposition. Oh well suppose Page knows best................

Rob Page has a problem with team selection. On current form he wants to pick Louis Dodds. When he plays him in his no.10 role he is basically playing 1 striker. Louis is not as effective wide or central midfield. I would sacrifice a winger for him and still play him behind two strikers. Where there is no winger, get the full back to overlap more. Flexible 4-3-1-2. Thoughts?

Archived