onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

page out now

steauavaliant

I don't disagree on Grew BA' date=' he's a cancer of the club I'd rather have left around 25 years ago. The problem nowadays with player development is that with the EPPP the top teams syphone off all the top talent and we get left with the rest, the old Crewe model is even dying. We aren't and really haven't been a development club for young talent since the days of Earle, Porter and the Chamberlains sadly. Even Rudgey didn't focus that much on it. [b']The problem is our geographical location because we are so central and so close to so many clubs in the NW and Midlands.[/b]

That could surely be turned around to our advantage? The teams like Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Everton, Villa, West Brom, Stoke(?) etc have players in their youth system that will never make the Premiership, but could be very very good at our level. These are the players we should target and give chances to? Like the recentish days of McPhee, Bridge-Wilkinson, Armstrong, Pilkington, Goodlad etc.

Advert

That could surely be turned around to our advantage? The teams like Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Everton, Villa, West Brom, Stoke(?) etc have players in their youth system that will never make the Premiership, but could be very very good at our level. These are the players we should target and give chances to? Like the recentish days of McPhee, Bridge-Wilkinson, Armstrong, Pilkington, Goodlad etc.

Totally agree for those that are released especially if we can look to forge links with teams like this (Stoke aside as I doubt Coates would even give us a virus), it would really benefit the chairmans ideology.

bookworm

Fair point re: age, but at 53 he's far from past it.

As it happens, I'm not suggesting him for management (although not ruling it out either). I'm just saying, with a coach of that quality on the doorstep, I'd be having a chat with him at least if I was the Chairman. Not least of all, just to get his views on who are the players and coaches he's coached who have impressed him.

Another pro-license coach with a strong playing and youth coaching record (presently at Birmingham City part time) is former Brum, Derby and Notts County defender Michael Johnson. Came second to Hasselbank for the Burton job and well thought of in the game. Again, some-one I'd want to invite for an interview for coaching positions were Grew and Glover to be eased out the door.

yes I hope that norman reads all the postings as he would get some useful tips and pointers as to the future direction of the club,top quality coaches who are not a million miles away

Posted something very personal and nasty about Grew? No I told Pops a story of what happened in the VPs around 25 years ago after he asked.

The term is obviously understandable in its meaning (a deep rooted problem within the club that has caused great pain and hardship to Vale) as has been used by many previously to describe people involved with v2001 for example, it clearly bears no relevance to the actually disease.

I recognise your right to like the player and refer to him as 'honest' if you so wish, however I'd appreciate you recognising my opinion on a person who has done little or nothing after 1989 to assist the club in anyway.

No, the personal remark was aimed at me and mentioned my late mother. Don't rake it up again, and it is far too late for an apology, if you have no idea or memory of what you post perhaps I'm being unkind and you have some sort of psychological 'problem' I am not aware of.

As for Mark Grew, Regardless of the meaning you personally put on a phrase, it is not one that is either correct or appropriate here, and you just made it worse by putting it on a par with the likes of previous directors who allegedly failed to pay monies due to the club and allegedly told lies about the fact that they had.

Whatever your opinion on Mark Grew's coaching ability, he has served the club well for many 30 years or so, he does not compare to Deakin and Miller as he has always had the best interests of the club at heart even if he has not been successful at all times (he is not alone in that though.)

Perhaps you could give examples of definite actions and decisions, times dates and people involved where Mark Grew has taken/made that have 'caused great pain and hardship' to Vale, as opposed to stupid generalisations like he didn't get us promoted - specific things he personally is accountable for in your jaundiced eyes, as opposed to players not performing etc. - and with proof if necessary. If you cant then I suggest you refrain from saying things like that.

And if you want some respect from your opinion as you imply at the end, then choose to express it in less offensive ways.

Crikey. Apart from Goodlad they were all my boys. Brian listened;)

No, the personal remark was aimed at me and mentioned my late mother. Don't rake it up again, and it is far too late for an apology, if you have no idea or memory of what you post perhaps I'm being unkind and you have some sort of psychological 'problem' I am not aware of.

As for Mark Grew, Regardless of the meaning you personally put on a phrase, it is not one that is either correct or appropriate here, and you just made it worse by putting it on a par with the likes of previous directors who allegedly failed to pay monies due to the club and allegedly told lies about the fact that they had.

Whatever your opinion on Mark Grew's coaching ability, he has served the club well for many 30 years or so, he does not compare to Deakin and Miller as he has always had the best interests of the club at heart even if he has not been successful at all times (he is not alone in that though.)

Perhaps you could give examples of definite actions and decisions, times dates and people involved where Mark Grew has taken/made that have 'caused great pain and hardship' to Vale, as opposed to stupid generalisations like he didn't get us promoted - specific things he personally is accountable for in your jaundiced eyes, as opposed to players not performing etc. - and with proof if necessary. If you cant then I suggest you refrain from saying things like that.

And if you want some respect from your opinion as you imply at the end, then choose to express it in less offensive ways.

I've no idea what comment to which you are referring as I don't believe I know you or your mother. If there was a problem with the meaning or understanding of a specific post it may have been a better idea to have brought it up at the time rather than to question my mental state at this late stage as experts have friend and failed for tears! :)

I didn't compare him to v2001, read back and you will see that quite clearly! The terminology of the phrase I have explained as it appears you didn't understand it previously despite it being utilised and accepted on the forum previously as I explained by others to describe other people. If you still don't understand maybe it's best I let someone else explain as its meaning is clearly not something you are Comprehending from my description.

I don't believe he's been a good servant, what gives you reason to believe he has been?

I have my reasons which I believe I've placed on here previously, it's going over old ground. He's not a decent man in my experience, is in it very much for himself and can't take direct criticism from fans (not me I hasten to add).

As much as I truly hate to call for someone to lose their job I think Page himself has supplied the coffin and the nails.

He has stated that he has an honest bunch of lads to work with. he has stated on many occassions that they have given him 100% effort and he cant fault them on that. He has also stated that he has some decent players by this divisions standards, including williamson who he says has an excellent goals to games ratio.

So to recap, he has some honest players who are good enough for this division and are giving him 100%.

If all the above is true then the problem has to be the manager. The tactics/formations must be wrong.

From his own lips

I know a lad who's just been released by Manchester Utd. Stoke have had a look, vale have had a good look and have made it clear they want him but Nottingham forest also want him.

He's been shown all around forest and watched the game with wolves on Friday . I can't see him choosing vale over what's on offer sadly.

The better young lads from premiership sides will pick championship clubs up easily. The average ones may get clubs like vale after them but then they might not be much better than the likes of what we already have and will not make a difference.

Re-read this post and see the irony in what you are saying! Who is the one throwing around personal insults, have you been comparing notes with

Melv? ;)

I and others disproved a point which was part of a massive rant, if someone wants to rant reasonably I'd reason with them but if they are going to rant rubbish about my club it's likrly people set them straight. If he'd said something like 'it's 8 on the trot isn't it?' he would have received a different reply I'm sure.

Anyway life's too short to be reading this guff I'm sure so let's agree you hate me, I feel nothing but love towards you and get back on topic...

Why the need to bring me into this?

Cheeky is correct though when he says about you thinking you are so much better than anyone else and you try to belittle other people who post on here.You have had personal digs at myself,you claim to know me.But I don't have a clue who you are in real life(neither do a lot of other people)I have asked you to introduce yourself but you have failed.You had a nasty dig on here at someone recently and your post was deleted.

Archived