onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

page out now

steauavaliant

Spot on mate.

Norman is doing the right thing at the minute by saying nothing.

Page simply needs a draw and then we move forward from there. Our run of defeats have tended to be by a single goal so we are not being outclassed and to be honest all this panic clamour is the last thing we need.

Page needs to decide on his best eleven and pick them for the next 5 games.

Changing Managers now would just see us in an even worse position. Fortunately the one thing Norman won't do is make a panic decision.

So, the best scenario is that we survive in this division.

What then? Fools like me and you Dave are almost immune to whatever nonsense continues to come from the Club. I fear though that many won't and who can blame them?

Not for the first time does the Club lack the crucial ingredients of direction and hope.

Advert

So, the best scenario is that we survive in this division.

What then? Fools like me and you Dave are almost immune to whatever nonsense continues to come from the Club. I fear though that many won't and who can blame them?

Not for the first time does the Club lack the crucial ingredients of direction and hope.

You don't need direction and hope to make Bubble and Squeak. That will be our diet for the foreseeable, I'm afraid

Al I just wish Norman would employ Wildes.

Ok he got carried away with over estimating our immediate potential but I sometimes wonder just how many STs we would have sold after that first promotion if they had not split.

There was a fabulous buzz and the timing of the split couldn't have been worse for ST sales.

Left in bit of cloud under bell regime . did have moderate success though . unfortunate not to profit off mcphee deal . that could made coffers better and seen him have greater budget he wanted

As much as I admire 'Shandy - then and now - it's a 'No' from me too.

What has gone wrong? To be candid the only thing that has gone wrong is a lack of effort from a good percentage of the team. Lines like several more played like a man possessed for a few games after Adams departed but when it was clear that he wasn't going to get another contract from Smurf he appears to have 'downed tools' and I think that a few more of the team have been affected in a similar manner.

In my opinion though we were winning games in Page's early days of being in charge due to our workrate the performances were rarely good and we tended to grind results out because the team was giving 100 % to the new boss. Thanks to poor poor tactics and team selection and the lack of contract security for our best performers the effort simply isn't there from the majority of the squad.

We may look back providing we hang on to our L1 status as a positive because now Smurthwaite will surely have to replace Rob Page which would never of happened a month ago. At this time he was assuring the likes of Williamson and Birchall that they had a good future at the club. I've nothing personal against either of them but we should be looking for better.

We were never remotely a play-off contender. Inniss papered over the cracks. The defence lacks height and pace and it was the same last season.

Nothing has been done to address that glaring problem for 18 months or more. McGivern isn't the answer and only Veseli, perhaps, has had more impressive games than poor ones. The rest have been out of form, inconsistent and lacking in concentration.

Not being able to keep a clean sheet is why we are where we are.

But there are other issues too. He's done his best, I don't deny that, but relying on a 38 year old for a central midfield berth isn't good enough. Only O'Connor in midfield has been consistently impressive. Him and Lines didn't work together.

We don't have midfield runners who get forward and support the attackers. Loft & Knott are very badly missed for their energy and goal threat.

Up front, it's also gone pear-shaped. Pope is our best bet but he's had a 3 month injury and seems to carry a lot of knocks. BW is totally out of form. Playing one loan striker doesn't seem to help much and we create very very little. I guess we've had very few shots on goal in the past two games.

It will be a huge rebuilding job in the summer.

But we were never anything like a play-off team (PNE, Chesterfield) and on a par with Orient, Crewe & Colchester, which is worrying. Adams signed players late, including some duffers, and we run the risk of a similar strategy this summer by the ways things are looking.

It's our poor defensive record that is killing us. Another 2-3 draws and we'd be virtually over the line. Whatever division we are in next year it MUST be addressed.

What has gone wrong? To be candid the only thing that has gone wrong is a lack of effort from a good percentage of the team. Lines like several more played like a man possessed for a few games after Adams departed but when it was clear that he wasn't going to get another contract from Smurf he appears to have 'downed tools' and I think that a few more of the team have been affected in a similar manner.

In my opinion though we were winning games in Page's early days of being in charge due to our workrate the performances were rarely good and we tended to grind results out because the team was giving 100 % to the new boss. Thanks to poor poor tactics and team selection and the lack of contract security for our best performers the effort simply isn't there from the majority of the squad.

We may look back providing we hang on to our L1 status as a positive because now Smurthwaite will surely have to replace Rob Page which would never of happened a month ago. At this time he was assuring the likes of Williamson and Birchall that they had a good future at the club. I've nothing personal against either of them but we should be looking for better.

Aside from the fact Lines is contracted until 2016 and the reference to 'contract security' that's a good post.

Lines signed a 2 year deal in the summer OS.
Ooh my mistake and as they say 'not a lot of people know that!'. It was abundantly clear though that he wasn't a part of Page's plans though that may change if O'Connor goes in the summer.

Page said we have lost 6 on the bounce we have lost 8 on the bounce

the first was Oldham at home Tues 3rd March lost 1 0

no 2 was Coventry away Sat 7th March lost 3 2

no 3 was Swindon at home Sat 14th March lost 1 0

no 4 was Crewley at home Tues 17th March lost 3 0

no 5 was Shefield away Sat 21st March lost 1 0

no 6 was Leyton O away Sat 287h March lost 3 1

no 7 was Colchester at home ( good Fri ) APRIL 3th lost 2 1

no 8 was Rochdale away Monday April 6th lost 1 0 . That is 8 on the bounce, not 6 PAGE OUT NOW

Ooh my mistake and as they say 'not a lot of people know that!'. It was abundantly clear though that he wasn't a part of Page's plans though that may change if O'Connor goes in the summer.

I'd like to see O'Connor stay but I can't see Lines coming back in any case.Shame really,on his day he's an excellent player.Seems to have been frozen out a la Morsy.

Archived