onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

page out now

steauavaliant

The lack of contracts is entirely the owner's fault but if you criticise 'his holiness the Smurf, the saviour of Vale Park' you tend to get slaughtered on here. Without a shadow of doubt the disrespect that the owner shows and has shown to the players has made Page's job more difficult.

Sorry that's rubbish, most clubs in the lower leagues now tend to negotiate at the end of contracts / when they know what division they are going to be in. Look around rather than simply just forming your own opinion because you have an issue with the chairman.

The players should have a little pride about themselves, they all say how much they like Page - play for him, they've all under contracts far bigger than most of the fans that support them - play for them and most importantly they are playing for themselves and their futures in the game because at the moment only 3 of them have looked like pros for much of this season (Neal, Marshall and O'Connor).

They need to stop acting like ******* ******* and actually earn the money they are being paid right now.

Bringing the chairman into the failings on the pitch after he has facilitated the 6th biggest budget in the league is quite simply silly.

Advert

We the fans have a huge role to play in the remaining fixtures.

We have simply got to cheer and sing them through the last 5 games - because frankly, what is the point of us being there if we don't?

We know that players respond to vocal backing. It doesn't always work, but I'm damned sure they would prefer singing and encouragement rather than silence or booing.

This part of the solution is in OUR hands!!

The public discussion of contracts is one thing I don't agree with.But Smurf has stated Tom will be offered one,Marshall aswell.Maybe the players he hasn't mentioned are the ones who seem to have thrown in the towel.Who would you have offered contracts to OS?A select few or all of them?And if the players are all offered one why not the manager?By offering a select few contracts would have lead to trouble in the camp?I heard on RS that Rochdale had got every player signed up for next season.Hill must think they are better than they actually are.

The risk of offering contracts before you know what division you are in means you will end up getting stuck with expensive luxuries if you get relegated or players who aren't up to standard (as we have in this league).

Aside from the key three and possibly Veseli and Brown they can all go for me and I wouldn't be too sad to see the back of them given their performances or lack of them this season.

Sorry that's rubbish, most clubs in the lower leagues now tend to negotiate at the end of contracts / when they know what division they are going to be in. Look around rather than simply just forming your own opinion because you have an issue with the chairman.

The players should have a little pride about themselves, they all say how much they like Page - play for him, they've all under contracts far bigger than most of the fans that support them - play for them and most importantly they are playing for themselves and their futures in the game because at the moment only 3 of them have looked like pros for much of this season (Neal, Marshall and O'Connor).

They need to stop acting like gutless cowards and actually earn the money they are being paid right now.

Bringing the chairman into the failings on the pitch after he has facilitated the 6th biggest budget in the league is quite simply silly.

I agree about your comments re players attitudes but unfortunately thats football...that's why you need both a good manager (to manage the players both psychologically and technically) and a good/experienced chairman who can manage the manager and other staff.

I could give £1000 to a homeless person on the street (all in good faith with the right intentions)...but if he spent it on drugs I would be doing more harm than good....that's why it would be better to give that money to someone/organisation who could spend that money better....

...throwing money around doesn't make you a good chairman.

Say something Norman please>

1 Rob Page has been dismissed,Mark Grew and Dean Glover have been put on gardening leave.

2.Michael Brown having huge experience (at higher level clubs) is caretaker manager till the end of the season.

3.A damn good reason why 1 and 2 do not happen?

The public discussion of contracts is one thing I don't agree with.But Smurf has stated Tom will be offered one,Marshall aswell.Maybe the players he hasn't mentioned are the ones who seem to have thrown in the towel.Who would you have offered contracts to OS?A select few or all of them?And if the players are all offered one why not the manager?By offering a select few contracts would have lead to trouble in the camp?I heard on RS that Rochdale had got every player signed up for next season.Hill must think they are better than they actually are.
Of course you don't offer all of the team new deals because there would only be improvement if it was a very young squad but it is absolute folly to not try and tie down the more important members of the squad before it becomes an auction.

I agree about your comments re players attitudes but unfortunately thats football...that's why you need both a good manager (to manage the players both psychologically and technically) and a good/experienced chairman who can manage the manager and other staff.

I could give £1000 to a homeless person on the street (all in good faith with the right intentions)...but if he spent it on drugs I would be doing more harm than good....that's why it would be better to give that money to someone/organisation who could spend that money better....

...throwing money around doesn't make you a good chairman.

I don't disagree with your point about the manager. Never really had an opinion on him to be honest and still not sure of letting him go now as it's clear we would end up with Grew.

I'm just sick to the back teeth of this group of generally crap footballers hiding behind the chairman and manager whilst at the same time saying how much they like Page. It's gutless, shameful and cowardly for me and I'd glad say that to the players faces (the three key players and possibly Veseli and Brown aside).

The risk of offering contracts before you know what division you are in means you will end up getting stuck with expensive luxuries if you get relegated or players who aren't up to standard (as we have in this league).

Aside from the key three and possibly Veseli and Brown they can all go for me and I wouldn't be too sad to see the back of them given their performances or lack of them this season.

I agree,we aren't in the Prem where people talk in millions and where there are top players.Unless we have a special talent at the club,which we don't,end of the season is when contracts should be dished out.You can guarantee now that some players are now instructing their agents/vultures to have a look around for other clubs just in case Vale don't come up with the goods.Even then there is no excuse for the dross we are playing at the moment.The players 'feeling sorry for myself ' attitude has to change.If it doesn't ,like you say,they can all **** off for me.100% effort and application is the order of the day.Us silly ******ds who stump up money to watch the slackers would have been down the road long ago in the 'real world' without those things.

I don't disagree with your point about the manager. Never really had an opinion on him to be honest and still not sure if let him go now as it's clear we would end up with Grew.

I'm just sick to the back teeth of this group of generally crap footballers hiding behind the chairman and manager whilst at the same time saying how much they like Page. It's gutless, shameful and cowardly for me and I'd glad say that to the players faces (the three key players and possibly Veseli and Brown aside).

I wouldn't disagree with any of that...although I think this is a problem across the board in football really.

I think a lower league football chairman's role is harder than most realise. I don't think Norman understood that when he came in and I still think he struggles to understand how important his words and actions are now....I don't envy him (well I do for his money...!) but I think he has been very stubborn/blinkered when it comes to brining in (or 'not bringing in' as the case may be) people with more knowledge and understanding to assist him in running the club.

They need to stop acting like gutless cowards and actually earn the money they are being paid right now.

Your comments are so full of 'holes' they are hardly worth a reply but hey here we go.

First up can you substantiate your claim of the 6th largest budget because I simply have major doubts on that score.

My only 'issue' with the owner as you put it is for his numerous mistakes and terrible PR

Is it not sensible to try and tie down the more influential members of the squad. This surely sends out a positive statement. The other players themselves if they are realistic will know who are the most important members of the team.

The Manager will no doubt understand why there is a delay in offering him a longer deal because on current form there is more chance of you ever agreeing with me REP than him getting one.

Today just feels like another one of those sad days in our history. Like the Rudge sacking, the relegations, the administrations......the Dean Glover managerial era... It's a low, low day and something has got to change to lift this cloud of doom.

Get Glover gone. I don't know, replace him with ...the cheap option is Porter or someone, I don't care - just get him gone.

Page has shown himself to be truly out of his depth. He has no idea of tactics, no positivity in his game strategies. A truly uninspiring manager. Go. Stick Brown in Charge if need be.

Grew. He's only the ball and cone fetcher anyway, a lapdog.

Some players are playing with shackles on. Go at teams and I'll accept it

Today just feels like another one of those sad days in our history. Like the Rudge sacking, the relegations, the administrations......the Dean Glover managerial era... It's a low, low day and something has got to change to lift this cloud of doom.

Get Glover gone. I don't know, replace him with ...the cheap option is Porter or someone, I don't care - just get him gone.

Page has shown himself to be truly out of his depth. He has no idea of tactics, no positivity in his game strategies. A truly uninspiring manager. Go. Stick Brown in Charge if need be.

Grew. He's only the ball and cone fetcher anyway, a lapdog.

Some players are playing with shackles on. Go at teams and I'll accept it

we should be used to sad days by now,can't see anything to lift the gloom,i expect a footballing lesson on Saturday which will only hasten our demise.isn't there any good news about, the laws of average state that things even up but when exactly.

Your comments are so full of 'holes' they are hardly worth a reply but hey here we go.

First up can you substantiate your claim of the 6th largest budget because I simply have major doubts on that score.

My only 'issue' with the owner as you put it is for his numerous mistakes and terrible PR

Is it not sensible to try and tie down the more influential members of the squad. This surely sends out a positive statement. The other players themselves if they are realistic will know who are the most important members of the team.

The Manager will no doubt understand why there is a delay in offering him a longer deal because on current form there is more chance of you ever agreeing with me REP than him getting one.

Are you having a laugh?

The 6th largest budget was attributed to the chairman on this messageboard. He also said it was bigger than Seindon's. Are we to take your word over his? What facts do you have to doubt him?

Let's be honest your issue is that he hasn't given your hero a contract on the same terms which I doubt many would agree he's earned since the promotion season.

Footballers are in it for themselves bottom line so whilst I'm sure they would like to see ambition they look after themselves first so I'm sure it would antagonise and create ill feeling if they saw others getting contracts and them not. The only two out of contract hat deserve them at the moment for me are O'Connor and Marshall. I wouldn't personally pay the rest in monopoly money currently.

So you can see why the manager isn't being offered a longer deal but not the players who all say they rate him but are consistently failing to perform. No logic in that whatsoever.

Are you having a laugh?

The 6th largest budget was attributed to the chairman on this messageboard. He also said it was bigger than Seindon's. Are we to take your word over his? What facts do you have to doubt him?

Let's be honest your issue is that he hasn't given your hero a contract on the same terms which I doubt many would agree he's earned since the promotion season.

Footballers are in it for themselves bottom line so whilst I'm sure they would like to see ambition they look after themselves first so I'm sure it would antagonise and create ill feeling if they saw others getting contracts and them not. The only two out of contract hat deserve them at the moment for me are O'Connor and Marshall. I wouldn't personally pay the rest in monopoly money currently.

So you can see why the manager isn't being offered a longer deal but not the players who all say they rate him but are consistently failing to perform. No logic in that whatsoever.

Why do I doubt it? dead easy just look at the quality of the squad and compare them with other teams in our league.

In regard of 'my hero's' contract you are way off the mark. I was more concerned by the way the owner decided to go public over a players wages. The talks should have held in private out. Surely even you would agree with this comment?

Archived