onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

page out now

steauavaliant

A mate sent me a screen shot from Twitter illustrating MOC's surprise at the suggestion he couldn't play twice in four days "who told you that?" was the exact response I believe. So Page is actually bull****ting then; I bet that's helping the dressing room spirit...

Advert

Why do I doubt it? dead easy just look at the quality of the squad and compare them with other teams in our league.

In regard of 'my hero's' contract you are way off the mark. I was more concerned by the way the owner decided to go public over a players wages. The talks should have held in private out. Surely even you would agree with this comment?

Do you think O'Connor is on buttons? Pope is clearly on something unsustainable and the list goes on. In addition we've had the biggest squad this season in living memory.

I do agree both the chairman and Pope should have kept their mouths shut, it's the professional way and both parties have disappointed me.

A mate sent me a screen shot from Twitter illustrating MOC's surprise at the suggestion he couldn't play twice in four days "who told you that?" was the exact response I believe. So Page is actually bull****ting then; I bet that's helping the dressing room spirit...

If that's the case Page needs axing now. He's lying to the fans and players alike.

Do you think O'Connor is on buttons? Pope is clearly on something unsustainable and the list goes on. In addition we've had the biggest squad this season in living memory.

I do agree both the chairman and Pope should have kept their mouths shut, it's the professional way and both parties have disappointed me.

OS would rather pay Pope over the odds, to the detriment of the rest of the squad- madness

I think we used over 50 players in Rudgies last season, that is in living memory surely?

Sorry that's rubbish, most clubs in the lower leagues now tend to negotiate at the end of contracts / when they know what division they are going to be in. Look around rather than simply just forming your own opinion because you have an issue with the chairman.

The players should have a little pride about themselves, they all say how much they like Page - play for him, they've all under contracts far bigger than most of the fans that support them - play for them and most importantly they are playing for themselves and their futures in the game because at the moment only 3 of them have looked like pros for much of this season (Neal, Marshall and O'Connor).

They need to stop acting like ******* ******* and actually earn the money they are being paid right now.

Bringing the chairman into the failings on the pitch after he has facilitated the 6th biggest budget in the league is quite simply silly.

Agree bon ami.

As a player I would be working my socks to shreds to earn a new contract no matter what is written about me in the media and/or cyber world :)

We the fans have a huge role to play in the remaining fixtures.

We have simply got to cheer and sing them through the last 5 games - because frankly, what is the point of us being there if we don't?

We know that players respond to vocal backing. It doesn't always work, but I'm damned sure they would prefer singing and encouragement rather than silence or booing.

This part of the solution is in OUR hands!!

:clap: Indeed it is :yes:

Why do I doubt it? dead easy just look at the quality of the squad and compare them with other teams in our league.

In regard of 'my hero's' contract you are way off the mark. I was more concerned by the way the owner decided to go public over a players wages. The talks should have held in private out. Surely even you would agree with this comment?

To be fair we may have a big budget for this league but it's been spent on too many mediocre players

That's what most normal human beings would be doing AR' date=' that's why I can't comprehend that they are being defended for acting this way if they really are.[/quote']

I know it's not the same as for the indecent amounts of pelf splashed on some Premiership players, but compared to the average punter on the terraces most of the L1 and L2 players earn a decent wedge for kicking a ball around the paddock.

Then, when their playing days are over they can get a job and join us on the terraces to watch other players earn a decent wedge for kicking a ball around the paddock.

Like I say bon ami - Such is life :D

IMO something has clearly gone on in the dressing room or at the club in the timeframe of the last 6 games. I never thought we were a great side and always felt playoffs were a pipedream but we should have had enough to get over the 50-52 point line by now however bad they can be at times.

I’ve been thinking is there more to the Lines situation than has come out? If I’m honest some of the bile that was spouted on here when he left on loan was utter crap. The bloke is a steady, pretty experienced League One player for me and to get rid of him with 10 games to go just didn’t quite sit right. Has he kicked off on Page(or the other coaching staff) about something and the other players actually agree with Lines?? I seem to recall he was quite pally with the other lads on Twitter(although I’m not a bigger user of Twitter, has there been anything on there, obviously he’s not going to say too much as he is still a Vale employee but are there any hints of something?) I could be talking crap and he genuinely wanted to go back home to Bristol and get games. But just a thought.

I honestly don’t know but for me it’s no coincidence things have gone down the pan since he departed, that’s not suggesting he’s a fantastic player and had he played would have made a massive impact but perhaps looking more at the mental side and confidence wise it’s affected the players?

Getting back to the thread for me Page simply has to go. I’ve never been completely convinced and tactically and team selection wise he’s clueless and becoming more so with every game. We’re now not scoring enough to go along with a defence that doesn’t have the desire or quality to keep a clean sheet. A recipe for disaster! Get an experienced head in there for 5 games to give the players a kick up the **** and try and get us a couple of wins. Yes it’s a gamble but I honestly can’t see where the next point is coming from with Page in charge atm and we are freefalling into League Two!

And to those saying who’d want the job, I think you’d be surprised! They’ll be managers out there prepared to take the gamble even if we still went down as if they kept us up and gives them a bit of kudos(at the end of their career) or something positive on the CV however short term!

Looking at the bigger picture, nothing quite adds up for me, the club signs players on loan and barely gives them a chance yet if as some have suggested, Smurthwaite is pulling the strings in that regard why hasn’t he got rid of Page for not playing them(especially now we have lost 6 on the bounce?)

I’m kind of lost at what to think atm, I’m starting to pray that whatever happens we can just buy a win or 2 from somewhere then just draw a line under the whole season and move on in the summer! Of course there will be other battles to fight in the summer(we may need another manager, players will come and go), but excusing my French let’s stay in ****ing league one first!

Archived