onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

page out now

steauavaliant

Wigan got rid of their manager and he has only been there for 4 1/2 months. Smurf do the best thing and put him out of his misery. You would take a near dead dog to the vets wouldn't you to be put down. His comments on RS was laughable tonight and shows he has lost the players support now with those comments.

Advert

Rosler, Adkins, Mcdermott, Warburton are all names fans have listed on here & all are waaaay out of our price range & would not work under smurfs "i buy the players" philosphy.

We will get someone who needs to rebuild their reputation or a similar cheap option but as he has steadfastly said Rob page and i quote smurf from radio stoke interview here "Has earned the right to be manager next season" so unless a big change of heart takes place (please please please let smurf see sense & sack page) we are stuck with clueless page.

Rosler applied for the Vale job when Jim Gannon was sacked. He sent his CV into the club and did not even receive the courtesy of an acknowledgement. Mark Grew was given the job as caretaker. Why on earth would Rosler consider Vale after that?

Rosler applied for the Vale job when Jim Gannon was sacked. He sent his CV into the club and did not even receive the courtesy of an acknowledgement. Mark Grew was given the job as caretaker. Why on earth would Rosler consider Vale after that?

Because he's not a moron who holds petty grudges against FORMER owners who were disgraced in the press, and is out of work currently?

For me Smurf must act NOW because the players would respond to a new Boss they nearly always do. Just look how the same bunch responded when MA walked.

I would try and get a good boss in on a short term basis and offer a good bonus if we stay up. We really only need 3-4 points to achieve this but how much would relegation cost us?

Because he's not a moron who holds petty grudges against FORMER owners who were disgraced in the press, and is out of work currently?

Let's hope that's how he feels if he is approached - bit like Peter Coates at Stoke second time around.

For me Smurf must act NOW because the players would respond to a new Boss they nearly always do. Just look how the same bunch responded when MA walked.

I would try and get a good boss in on a short term basis and offer a good bonus if we stay up. We really only need 3-4 points to achieve this but how much would relegation cost us?

So the contract situation hasn't affected the team's performance ? They just don't want to play for RP.?How about 'Playing for Pagey' just to get the 3/4 points.?;)

Who would we get in to replace Page? Off the top of my head, current out of work managers i'd consider (would they consider us?) are:

Owen Coyle

Billy Davies

Ian Holloway

Brian McDermott

Can't think of many. Billy Davies would be my choice if possible. It's going to be hard getting a decent manager in when we're in League Two next year though?

So the contract situation hasn't affected the team's performance ? They just don't want to play for RP.?How about 'Playing for Pagey' just to get the 3/4 points.?;)
The lack of contracts is entirely the owner's fault but if you criticise 'his holiness the Smurf, the saviour of Vale Park' you tend to get slaughtered on here. Without a shadow of doubt the disrespect that the owner shows and has shown to the players has made Page's job more difficult.

The lack of contracts is entirely the owner's fault but if you criticise 'his holiness the Smurf, the saviour of Vale Park' you tend to get slaughtered on here. Without a shadow of doubt the disrespect that the owner shows and has shown to the players has made Page's job more difficult.

:clap::clap:Well said Mike!!!

The public discussion of contracts is one thing I don't agree with.But Smurf has stated Tom will be offered one,Marshall aswell.Maybe the players he hasn't mentioned are the ones who seem to have thrown in the towel.Who would you have offered contracts to OS?A select few or all of them?And if the players are all offered one why not the manager?By offering a select few contracts would have lead to trouble in the camp?I heard on RS that Rochdale had got every player signed up for next season.Hill must think they are better than they actually are.

Who would we get in to replace Page? Off the top of my head, current out of work managers i'd consider (would they consider us?) are:

Owen Coyle

Billy Davies

Ian Holloway

Brian McDermott

Can't think of many. Billy Davies would be my choice if possible. It's going to be hard getting a decent manager in when we're in League Two next year though?

Top selection that, any of them would do a job at the Vale, but wouldnt come cheap, same old get what you pay for i suppose.

If Page gets the sack now, we'll get the Chuckle Brothers (Grew and Glover) in charge for the rest of the season. How on earth is that going to benefit us? There's no chance that some of the names banded on here will get the job because they simply cost too much money and ultimately that will affect the player's wages pot and we'll end up with even worse players than we have now.

The problem we have now is that Season Ticket prices have been set for next season already and are on sale. I'm genuinely concerned how Norman will deal with this declining situation over the next few weeks/months.

He seems to be resolute in giving Page another chance next season and not discussing contracts until the end of this season. This means that we've somehow got to get ourselves out of this mess without any change...and given the fact that the dressing room is all over the place both tactically and psychologically, its a huge concern.

If the worst happens and we go down, our decline could be catastrophic. When we were relegated last time we had the target 5000 campaign, and although I despise everything about the old regime, this was one good thing that they implemented and ensured that fans didn't walk away...unfortunately, I'm not too sure Norman would sanction such a campaign and even if he did, I don't know if the fans have it in them to go through it all again.

I really don't want to be all doom and gloom but we need to stay up...and by sitting back and doing nothing we are playing with fire...I just hope for the clubs/fans/Normans sake we somehow manage to 'cheat death' this season

Archived