Page said we have lost 6 on the bounce we have lost 8 on the bounce

the first was Oldham at home Tues 3rd March lost 1 0

no 2 was Coventry away Sat 7th March lost 3 2

no 3 was Swindon at home Sat 14th March lost 1 0

no 4 was Crewley at home Tues 17th March lost 3 0

no 5 was Shefield away Sat 21st March lost 1 0

no 6 was Leyton O away Sat 287h March lost 3 1

no 7 was Colchester at home ( good Fri ) APRIL 3th lost 2 1

no 8 was Rochdale away Monday April 6th lost 1 0 . That is 8 on the bounce, not 6 PAGE OUT NOW

We won at 3-2 at Coventry ,raymo37.;)

Advert

no 8 was Rochdale away Monday April 6th lost 1 0 . That is 8 on the bounce, not 6 PAGE OUT NOW

we beat Cov

I would still prefer Page given a full season but get rid of all the coaching staff. Think how many young players have failed to develop and even we failed to keep. Through from Lawrie, Hugill, Davis ... the constant in this is the coaching staff, not Page.

No soft head we won 3-2 at Cov. Yellow card for a rant of a post that's also completely wrong ;)

I would still prefer Page given a full season but get rid of all the coaching staff. Think how many young players have failed to develop and even we failed to keep. Through from Lawrie, Hugill, Davis ... the constant in this is the coaching staff, not Page.

To be fair they probably weren't good enough, the only player that might go on is Morsy.

No soft head we won 3-2 at Cov. Yellow card for a rant of a post that's also completely wrong ;)

When we need a unified fanbase, who comes on here insulting fellow vale fans for making one small mistake? Sycophant REP. You really are a nasty piece of work sometimes. His post isn't completely wrong, 7/8 is correct.

your miles out matey.

To be fair they probably weren't good enough' date=' the only player that might go on is Morsy.[/quote']

I thought that Hugill would have scored more goals than Williamson over the last ten games and that Davies would have been a better defender than some of the present ones.

When we need a unified fanbase, who comes on here insulting fellow vale fans for making one small mistake? Sycophant REP. You really are a nasty piece of work sometimes. His post isn't completely wrong, 7/8 is correct.

It's a horrible rant and it's factually incorrect. If you going to have a rant get your ducks in a row. He could have shown Page up over the O'Connor 'lie' but he chose this nonsensical point instead. Its not a small mistake it's a flipping howler given that the Cov result was a great win.

I, as many others have done simply pointed it out. We don't need a united fan base on here (if he is indeed a fan) as this is a place for people of all backgrounds to share their feelings on subjects (look at the division of opinion on the chairman, the manager and some of the players for instance) in this case Vale. The important thing is that the fans are behind the team and the manager on game day.

It doesn't really matter what you think you believe of me (in this case you are wrong but I won't hold that against you) as personally I prefer to judge actual fans having come across them in person.

One thing I will say is I will support the club until my dying day irrespective of who else supports them and I will meet some people I like (everyone aside from one who I've had the pleasure of meeting on this forum for example) and some I don't as in all walks of life. What you choose to do with your own life is your decision.

I thought that Hugill would have scored more goals than Williamson over the last ten games and that Davies would have been a better defender than some of the present ones.

Disagree on Davis but you are probably right on Hughil but sadly he got a bit 'Jack Rodwell' in going for the money and wrecking his career by running before he could walk. I think he would have been a better option than Williamson but was probably too similar to Pope and knew he'd never be first choice although as fate has it how badly Pope's season has gone he possibly would have.

It's a horrible rant and it's factually incorrect. If you going to have a rant get your ducks in a row. He could have shown Page up over the O'Connor 'lie' but he chose this nonsensical point instead. Its not a small mistake it's a flipping howler given that the Cov result was a great win.

I, as many others have done simply pointed it out. We don't need a united fan base on here (if he is indeed a fan) as this is a place for people of all backgrounds to share their feelings on subjects (look at the division of opinion on the chairman, the manager and some of the players for instance) in this case Vale. The important thing is that the fans are behind the team and the manager on game day.

It doesn't really matter what you think you believe of me (in this case you are wrong but I won't hold that against you) as personally I prefer to judge actual fans having come across them in person.

One thing I will say is I will support the club until my dying day irrespective of who else supports them and I will meet some people I like (everyone aside from one who I've had the pleasure of meeting on this forum for example) and some I don't as in all walks of life. What you choose to do with your own life is your decision.

Essentially though, you're a bit of a bell cheese, getting off on trying to belittle people over the internet.

To be fair they probably weren't good enough' date=' the only player that might go on is Morsy.[/quote']

To be fair it's more the case that the coaching probably weren't good enough.....in terms of player development there is just a black hole

and the advice is get out or get damaged....Lawrie/Richman/Morsey/Malbon/Davis/Lloyd.........but the farce of the development squad of

highly rated quality players none developed all released by Adams and the under use of the likes of Campion by Page amongst others and

the continued employment of Grew and Glover.

Most of the twenty or so development signings have been under used and not developed....most were 20/21/22 and with player development

finding their feet as squad players playing first team games....nearly all came from big club academies and many had U18/U21 caps....if this

is Smurf's "Project Port Vale" the someone like Uwe Rossler with all new quality coaching staff could build a young side that might not only

move the club forward towards the Championship but once there might also shock some people and make Smurf some cash back on player

sales

mostly the idea gives the fans hope and the club direction.

As Edwyn Collins might say "Rip it up and start again".

Young players who are short in someway are often coached (or at least should be) to strengthen what they are good at to compensate elsewhere.

eg. Andy Porter - short and slow. So worked on on tackling, marking, versitility and that fierce Andy Porter shot. Ended up with a very decent career.

Dean Glover - short of pace and height but brilliant at passing, anticipation and positioning.

Even players like Rob Taylor, Kyle Perry and maybe Tommy Fraser could have had better careers had they been given decent coaching to give them skills to at least make them a living at the professional game. Take Williamson ... he needs to learn control and perhaps add try and anticipate more. This doesn't look like its something thats even been broached.

I do wonder if Grew etc actually do any developmental work or its just lots of running, marking and passing.

Young players who are short in someway are often coached (or at least should be) to strengthen what they are good at to compensate elsewhere.

eg. Andy Porter - short and slow. So worked on on tackling, marking, versitility and that fierce Andy Porter shot. Ended up with a very decent career.

Dean Glover - short of pace and height but brilliant at passing, anticipation and positioning.

Even players like Rob Taylor, Kyle Perry and maybe Tommy Fraser could have had better careers had they been given decent coaching to give them skills to at least make them a living at the professional game. Take Williamson ... he needs to learn control and perhaps add try and anticipate more. This doesn't look like its something thats even been broached.

I do wonder if Grew etc actually do any developmental work or its just lots of running, marking and passing.

Excellent point, fully agree.

Players tend to show promise at first then completely go downhill after that. What are we doing with the players in training? Coaching is quite simple, if someone isn't doing something well, tell them not to do it; if they're doing something well, tell them to do it more.

Archived