onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

page out now

steauavaliant

Thanks, and the (correct) figure you calculated for the average over the period from 1980 is genuinely interesting.

What I have also just noticed is another piece of calculating deceit by Doha - he must think posters on here are stupid as if you look carefully at his screen shot on the post where he shows the figures (European football stats) he has actually gone to the trouble of carefully cutting the corner off at the bottom right showing the single season that the 9000+ figure relates to. Quite amazing.

It shows he was trying to cover up his mistake as when you look at the link fully, it clearly shows the season it relates to. I look forward to his trying to dig his way out of this one, perhaps another 'coasters' dig (very relevant, and thanks for reminding people Dogha - a fair few people have said that they liked those coasters a lot):laugh:

Our highest ave (20869) was 54/55, boosted by the 41k local derby.

Advert

Our highest ave (20869) was 54/55, boosted by the 41k local derby.

The ground must have been mostly open in those days too - the season after the semi-final of the FA Cup. Before my time, but must have been wonderful days, beating Liverpool and playing lots of 'big' games with massive crowds.

Now here's one for the purists - have Vale ever had a season where there average league gate was higher than Stoke (using official figures not Doha's - oops, so sorry:blush:)

As far as I can see the answer is yes - 1961 when Stoke's average dropped to 9,252 and Vale's was 9,702.

Stoke's average actually fell to 8,200 in the late 80's but Vale's didn't beat that until 1990 by which time our neighbours had won back some more fans.

For all the perceived or real turmoil about all things Port Vale you can bet a brick to the Angel of Burslem we're not the only 'Club so disposed to the machinations of the football cauldron.

RP In :D

If he stays we will not sell enough STs to have a reasonable budget, and if we start next season badly the consequences will be dire. Page out.

No thanks. I'll judge him for myself if that's ok? Sadly, he is out of his depth. Maybe with an experienced assistant alongside him he might do ok. He hasn't got one though and it's showing.

"No thank"--does that mean you don't want to read the article or you don't want to think about this subject in a serious way? I asked two questions--if your answer is simply "No thanks" that's very closed-minded! What you don't even suggest is an alternative candidate and a positively balanced counterweight to your subjective and one-eyed view!

I'm just not seeing any sort of progression in the team since Page took over. So he has been in charge for 27 weeks now, which is a long time, during those 27 weeks:

Do we look more threatening going forward? No

Do we look more solid at the back? NO NO NO NO

Do we keep the ball better? No

That is why i'm not convinced. If I could answer yes to at least one of those I'd be prepared to back him.

I don't want to see any more of pages ideas. I've seen enough recently and they've put me off going! Negative yet seem to concede for fun, I'm glad I couldn't make it today as i would have lost it.

I agree Page is not the one for the Vale, all we get from Page is excuses, excuses, excuses, nothing but a load of bullsh++. I have been a Vale supporter for 73years enough is enough, all my family are season ticket holders if Vale stay up we will give one more season, if Vale don't go up next season they will be short Eight season tickets all my family have had enough with excuses.

Page is not the one for the Vale to many excuses, if Vale stay up me a my family will give one more season if Vale don't go up next season Vale will be short Eight season holders, enough is enough.

See yer:doh:

If he stays we will not sell enough STs to have a reasonable budget, and if we start next season badly the consequences will be dire. Page out.

Why not? What if we finish on 57 or 60 points - the league table doesn't lie. Would people concede then that RP had done a decent job?

I just don't get all this doom and gloom. I wonder sometimes if it's a Potteries thing.

Page is not the one for the Vale to many excuses, if Vale stay up me a my family will give one more season if Vale don't go up next season Vale will be short Eight season holders, enough is enough.

Six of us have got season tickets for next season.Total years watching the Vale 345.The season after it will be 351,God willing.;)

A few seasons ago we were lucky have a club, but you suddenly expect Championship football. How about stop spitting your dummy out and support the club through thick and thin. Loyal hardcore fans would still be there in the Conferance.

Archived