onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

page out now

steauavaliant

Well we win five out of six and then lose five out of six ,what a very inconsistent team we r .

However u r judged on the present and at present he is not the man for the job as the players r not getting good results,he picks them,he works with them daily,he motivates them although that should come from within each and every individual.

How does he stop the slide the season is getting worse by the game .

Players not happy i hear cause there not getting the contracts they feel they deserve well i have a message for u do the business and win Vale some games preferably all remaining games and walk out tge club with ya head held high.

Dont get the Vale relegated because u aint getting what ya want be professional and earn respect by winning and not excepting defeat.

Advert

Not really as you can get 8/1 against Vale going down on Betfair.

It's not really a friendly bet with a bookie, is it?

And this isn't about making money - it's about backing your judgement and a charity benefitting from the bet.

P

Rosler over Page.

Pretty sure he had an interview after Adams left the first time?

Grew, and Glover out. Page or new manager to install his own backroom staff.

Lodey gone. Raj Athral to clear out marketing/commercial and totally reinvent it, root to branch.

Yates, Dickinson, Robertson, Duffy, Birchall, Williamson, Daniel, Lines, Mohamed released or offered mutual termination. Adams will probably take all of them.

Offered mutual termination? That's a bit drastic.:nailbiting:

I've long thought it but thanks for the confirmation, what an absolute, colossal bèllend you really are.

I'd stick to the coasters and heed the advice you dished out to JohnnyAitch earlier if I were you, the irony of your post below to him is absolutely fantastic.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/porv.htm

[TABLE=width: 960]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #333333, colspan: 2, align: center]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #333333, align: center]Attendance[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #333333, align: center][/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #E0E9EE, align: center][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #D4E1E9, align: center]1889 - 1939[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #D4E1E9, align: center]14.000[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #D4E1E9, align: center][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #D4E1E9, align: center]1947 - 1985[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #D4E1E9, align: center]20.869[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #D4E1E9, align: center]1986 - now[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #D4E1E9, align: center]9.174[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

What do the figures mean? My understanding is that they show the highest average attendance for a season within the periods quoted, not the average attendance within the periods.

I disagree. We are in a bad spell, but that doesn't make the whole season a debacle!

If we win 3 or 4 between now and the end of the season, we'd be on 57 or 60 points. Would that count as a debacle?

The problem is that a lot of fans agree with him and will have a knock on effect on ST sales. It is clear from this thread that there is an almighty split between those who want Page and those who don't. That will simply not be good enough , we need a manager that a high majority want or we will not sell enough STs and consequently the budget will almost guarantee relegation. It doesn't matter what you think or what I think, it doesn't matter if only one third of the fanbase want Page to go . We need a man in charge who will galvanise the whole fanbase AND MORE or we are stuffed. In this scenario VTID fans are irrelevant (you could put Glover in charge and they would still have a ST), its the floaters or the maybes that have to be impressed. Page wont do that , so he has to go and go soon.

I wonder if the total lack of any marketing effort outside of the scoreboard at the ground will have a negative effect on ST sales? I have had a season ticket for over 10 years but haven't had anything from the club suggesting that I might like to renew it!

It's been in the local press on the radio and on here. Have you been in a dark hole since January :)

I disagree. We are in a bad spell, but that doesn't make the whole season a debacle!

If we win 3 or 4 between now and the end of the season, we'd be on 57 or 60 points. Would that count as a debacle?

that would count as a miracle as we have some tough games ahead, all games are tough when the team is playing like the vale have recently but all will be clearer after easter week.

I offered last week a friendly bet of £20 that Vale won't go down this season, and £50 they won't go down next season either.

If you'd like to back your judgement, send me a private message and we'll sort it out.

Fair enough?

Fair enough indeed , but I don't have 103 dollars to squander at the moment . Anyway , when I do have it, it will be spent in the Vale Shop.:)

Perhaps debacle is a bit harsh to describe events, it merely illustrates mine and many more fans frustration based around expectations at the start of the season - it has been a big disappointment unless we have to be grateful to stay in this league. I'm sure Norman shares my thoughts as do many.

I remember the first half performance at Doncaster, compare that to now.

I've long thought it but thanks for the confirmation, what an absolute, colossal bèllend you really are.

I'd stick to the coasters and heed the advice you dished out to JohnnyAitch earlier if I were you, the irony of your post below to him is absolutely fantastic.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/porv.htm

[TABLE=width: 960]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #333333, colspan: 2, align: center]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #333333, align: center]Attendance[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #D4E1E9, align: center]1889 - 1939[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #D4E1E9, align: center]14.000[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #D4E1E9, align: center]1947 - 1985[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #D4E1E9, align: center]20.869[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #D4E1E9, align: center]1986 - now[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #D4E1E9, align: center]9.174[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Even better - for some reason Jacko tries to dig you out of the hole that your stupid misinformed source pushed you in, and you just dig deeper. No use calling me a <ovf censored> either, the more annoyed you are the better as far as I am concerned - as ANY Vale fan KNOWS intuitively we don't attract an average of 9000+ over 30 odd seasons, an you are WRONG.

Don't bother to apologise - check your facts next time before sprouting the same rubbish as you do on political threads - as Jacko said the average since 1980 is 5,660. What you have been dumb enough to quote is the average for one single season and then try to tell us it is for all the seasons from 1980.

Fool. Hope you check your plane data a bit more carefully, so-called Mr pilot.:laugh:

The problem is that a lot of fans agree with him and will have a knock on effect on ST sales. It is clear from this thread that there is an almighty split between those who want Page and those who don't. That will simply not be good enough , we need a manager that a high majority want or we will not sell enough STs and consequently the budget will almost guarantee relegation. It doesn't matter what you think or what I think, it doesn't matter if only one third of the fanbase want Page to go . We need a man in charge who will galvanise the whole fanbase AND MORE or we are stuffed. In this scenario VTID fans are irrelevant (you could put Glover in charge and they would still have a ST), its the floaters or the maybes that have to be impressed. Page wont do that , so he has to go and go soon.

And do what? Get a "name" in ? And what's the remit? Keep Port Vale up as we stand to lose millions in TV revenue? We're not in that league (if you pardon the pun) and thank God for that.

The very idea of Page going yet is daft - and we may as well stand on top of Burslem Town Hall with a sign saying "We are panicking".

I would have preferred it if he/she had come back with an explanation of his/her own, as you are assuming what he did was miss a word out, but the original post is quite precise in what it says - perhaps he thought nobody would pick up on it.

May I politely ask if you would have corrected him had I not done, as (and this is a genuine compliment) you are obviously well versed in Vale's gates as shown by providing the interesting statistic that the real average since 1980 is 5,660.

It is always a silly argument to say one club is bigger than another, historically Preston are massive on the strength of their first few seasons over 120 years ago, but are they bigger than Chelsea or even Southampton now?

Doha needs to tell us what he meant himself, but its very gallant of you to speak for him.

No ulterior motive, David, I was just trying to understand how he had made such an absolute cobble up with those figures and assumed that was the reason. The average since 1980 that I produced was just calculated by copying and pasting a webpage into Excel and letting it do the sum. Nowt clever really.

In response to your question about would I have corrected him if you hadn't, I probably would have done but I saw your post quoting his first because I was reading the thread backwards for reasons of increasing age and stupidity!

No ulterior motive, David, I was just trying to understand how he had made such an absolute cobble up with those figures and assumed that was the reason. The average since 1980 that I produced was just calculated by copying and pasting a webpage into Excel and letting it do the sum. Nowt clever really.

In response to your question about would I have corrected him if you hadn't, I probably would have done but I saw your post quoting his first because I was reading the thread backwards for reasons of increasing age and stupidity!

Thanks, and the (correct) figure you calculated for the average over the period from 1980 is genuinely interesting.

What I have also just noticed is another piece of calculating deceit by Doha - he must think posters on here are stupid as if you look carefully at his screen shot on the post where he shows the figures (European football stats) he has actually gone to the trouble of carefully cutting the corner off at the bottom right showing the single season that the 9000+ figure relates to. Quite amazing.

It shows he was trying to cover up his mistake as when you look at the link fully, it clearly shows the season it relates to. I look forward to his trying to dig his way out of this one, perhaps another 'coasters' dig (very relevant, and thanks for reminding people Dogha - a fair few people have said that they liked those coasters a lot):laugh:

Archived