onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

page out now

steauavaliant

Clueless tactically after the sending off, in smurfs pocket with signings..... go now.

Completely agree. He's naive and tactically deluded. It's alright for half of the happy clappers on here to defend this ***** when they don't travel up and down the country week in week out at some expense to watch it.

Advert

Threads like this just make you realise, things are a right mess at the moment aren't they.

No, threads like this make you realise that we have liars and idiots posting - anyone who thinks our average gate since the 1980s is over 9000 (see post 9) is either stupid or manipulative.

We didn't manage 9000 in the 90s second tier years when West Ham came once, even some of the later games at home to Stoke were only around that mark - and only got very big crowds for special matches (recently Burton, Northampton in the promotion season) and when the away support was massive against teams like Man City. for each of those games, there are a dozen 3000-4500 crowds against Dagenham, Accrington, Crawley, and all the others, all the Tuesday night games.

This is not a dig at Vale support - but to say we averaged 9100+ since the 1980's is misleading at best, and thankfully Smurf wont budget on the rantings of an misinformed or ignorant dumbo like Doha and send us back to admin.

No, threads like this make you realise that we have liars and idiots posting - anyone who thinks our average gate since the 1980s is over 9000 (see post 9) is either stupid or manipulative.

We didn't manage 9000 in the 90s second tier years when West Ham came once, even some of the later games at home to Stoke were only around that mark - and only got very big crowds for special matches (recently Burton, Northampton in the promotion season) and when the away support was massive against teams like Man City. for each of those games, there are a dozen 3000-4500 crowds against Dagenham, Accrington, Crawley, and all the others, all the Tuesday night games.

This is not a dig at Vale support - but to say we averaged 9100+ since the 1980's is misleading at best, and thankfully Smurf wont budget on the rantings of an misinformed or ignorant dumbo like Doha and send us back to admin.

I think Doha missed a key word in his post which looked at our best season average since the 80's and compared it to Brentofrd's best season's average rather than the actual average over that whole period. Our best was 9,174 in 94-95.

Our average since 1980 is 5,660 - about 100 less than Brentford over the same period. We had 9 of those seasons at Championship level whilst Brentford had one. I think all this proves is that it proves nothing!

The ridiculous obsession with former players is alive and well, obviously. It's stupid, has the Glover/ Grew/ Foyle lessons not been learnt?

That's where you're wrong. I've been watching the progress made at Halifax under Aspin for some time now, and even though it's the Conference, he is doing a brilliant job. As a manager, not because he's an ex-Vale player. I have said that Aspin should have been in from the time MA left, not because we lost 4 in a row. Page will take Vale down to L2 , mark my words. If not this season , then next season.

That's where you're wrong. I've been watching the progress made at Halifax under Aspin for some time now, and even though it's the Conference, he is doing a brilliant job. As a manager, not because he's an ex-Vale player. I have said that Aspin should have been in from the time MA left, not because we lost 4 in a row. Page will take Vale down to L2 , mark my words. If not this season , then next season.

I offered last week a friendly bet of £20 that Vale won't go down this season, and £50 they won't go down next season either.

If you'd like to back your judgement, send me a private message and we'll sort it out.

The money goes to a charity of the winner's choice.

Fair enough?

I would urge everyone to read Rob's front page analysis of Rob page's first 27 weeks in charge. A very objective, sensible piece that many on here would do well to think about in a serious way. Let Rob have his say on close-season signings (including new contracts for the current squad) and then let's judge him on next season's progress.

I offered last week a friendly bet of £20 that Vale won't go down this season, and £50 they won't go down next season either.

If you'd like to back your judgement, send me a private message and we'll sort it out.

The money goes to a charity of the winner's choice.

Fair enough?

Not really as you can get 8/1 against Vale going down on Betfair.

I would urge everyone to read Rob's front page analysis of Rob page's first 27 weeks in charge. A very objective, sensible piece that many on here would do well to think about in a serious way.

No thanks. I'll judge him for myself if that's ok? Sadly, he is out of his depth. Maybe with an experienced assistant alongside him he might do ok. He hasn't got one though and it's showing.

I think Doha missed a key word in his post which looked at our best season average since the 80's and compared it to Brentofrd's best season's average rather than the actual average over that whole period. Our best was 9,174 in 94-95.

Our average since 1980 is 5,660 - about 100 less than Brentford over the same period. We had 9 of those seasons at Championship level whilst Brentford had one. I think all this proves is that it proves nothing!

I would have preferred it if he/she had come back with an explanation of his/her own, as you are assuming what he did was miss a word out, but the original post is quite precise in what it says - perhaps he thought nobody would pick up on it.

May I politely ask if you would have corrected him had I not done, as (and this is a genuine compliment) you are obviously well versed in Vale's gates as shown by providing the interesting statistic that the real average since 1980 is 5,660.

It is always a silly argument to say one club is bigger than another, historically Preston are massive on the strength of their first few seasons over 120 years ago, but are they bigger than Chelsea or even Southampton now?

Doha needs to tell us what he meant himself, but its very gallant of you to speak for him.

One hell of a mess. This will be proved one way or another by ST sales.

As the old saying goes (or something like it) :-

"You can fool some of the people for some of the time, but, you can't fool all of the people all of the time"

Take me and my family for example - current season ticket holders - lifelong fans

I feel right now exactly or very similar to when we plunged into the depths of the Glover regime.

We are playing at a higher level but to be honest, despite Norman's massive financial backing have not really progressed as both he and many of us hoped.

MA must shoulder the brunt of this and perhaps Norman to a lesser extent for not forcing his hand at the back end of last season.

A season of hope and promise has turned into a debacle in which we the fans and Norman the major financial contributor are indeed paying the price - again.

There will have to be major change to promote even a modest sale of season tickets in my opinion.

As the old saying goes (or something like it) :-

"You can fool some of the people for some of the time, but, you can't fool all of the people all of the time"

Take me and my family for example - current season ticket holders - lifelong fans

I feel right now exactly or very similar to when we plunged into the depths of the Glover regime.

We are playing at a higher level but to be honest, despite Norman's massive financial backing have not really progressed as both he and many of us hoped.

MA must shoulder the brunt of this and perhaps Norman to a lesser extent for not forcing his hand at the back end of last season.

A season of hope and promise has turned into a debacle in which we the fans and Norman the major financial contributor are indeed paying the price - again.

There will have to be major change to promote even a modest sale of season tickets in my opinion.

I disagree. We are in a bad spell, but that doesn't make the whole season a debacle!

If we win 3 or 4 between now and the end of the season, we'd be on 57 or 60 points. Would that count as a debacle?

Archived