onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 0 - Coventry 2

Caz or caz123

I recently said I didn't hold a grudge for glover to be doing some coaching at vale, and I don't. However to realise that the two pitchside assistants to page are now grew and glover is ridiculous. Maybe for a more experienced manager it would be ok, but I feel big changes on and off the pitch are needed this summer. We have an opportunity to do so with contracts ending, I just hope smurf doesnt do a 'Micky Adams' and take the lazy option of offering them all extensions.

God forbid!!

Advert

For me Veseli was motm,very impressed with him at C/B he needs to be signed up asap and if the young pacy left back we signed is so highly rated why not start him.As for the game there is nothing worth mentioning tbh

Totally agree. He was one of only three players anywhere near the standard required. The others being McGiven and Marshall.

At the first home game this season on entering the bycars of which I'm a season ticket holder I felt that this was not going to be a good season at vale park players coming to vale park for fitness work only not part of plans also player saying they will not come as they would have to take a wage cut to sign for us then the next minute they have signed for us now signing aload of younger players and the chairman saying he as got to cut the wage bill at the moment I will not be renewing next season it won't be long before lower league teams will be part time sky have said they are going to show premiership matches on Friday nights which means less money coming down to the grass roots .

Real poor performance and after two weeks preparation the most concerning thing for me is that when knowing we would be without our best two midfielders the best that Page, Grew and Glover can come up with is to play a struggling left back in there . Do not understand that for a second. Only Veseli & Brown came out of that game with any credit , hope its a harsh lesson learned for Page and also for those that moan their bags off about Lines and O'Connor .

I've just watched the Valiant Player highlights. That penalty claim on Marshall wasn't a foul, it was GBH. How did the ref not give that? And the first goal would have been disallowed by many refs.

The ref wasn't the reason we lost but he certainly helped Coventry win.

An before TP moans about me making these comments, this is the first time I've criticised a ref for absolutely ages!

Anyone think that the team might have just been caught out a little cold, no pun intended, after not playing a game in a fortnight? I'm not trying to find excuses for them but it's somewhat of a possibility. Hopefully it was just a really bad day at the office, which can also happen to much better teams than Port Vale.

Archived