onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 0 - Coventry 2

Caz or caz123

Poor selection from a Page today, although I think that was obvious. Accommodating Dicko was ridiculous, Page needs to be braver than that.

To be honest, I'm at a bit of a loss at that performance. We made a very poor team look good and I'm genuinelly concerned by the lack of creativity without Lines & MOC in the middle- Dodds is never going to change a match and he offered very little in that regard as a plan b.

Advert

Today has shown that we can not rely on nguessan, we need to keep Pope, get rid of Nguessan AND Williamson and get the talisman resigned.

Nguessen is a very good player, but today did show me we cant rely on him. However I dont think Pope would have done much better, he would have given more effort but to be fair to nguessen he had nothing to work with, not one half chance or anything. The fault of our loss was that midfield partnership, it was a dire team selection with no creative players. I really dont rate Dodds, but he should have started in the middle just to have some kind of attacking edge, especially against a **** side with 10 men behind the ball.

Nguessen is a very good player, but today did show me we cant rely on him. However I dont think Pope would have done much better, he would have given more effort but to be fair to nguessen he had nothing to work with, not one half chance or anything. The fault of our loss was that midfield partnership, it was a dire team selection with no creative players. I really dont rate Dodds, but he should have started in the middle just to have some kind of attacking edge, especially against a **** side with 10 men behind the ball.

I didn't see N'guessan move in the first half. And I think pope would have buried Daniels open header, and I think he would of buried nguessans header, and I think he would of been there off of the rebound from Robertsons effort

I didn't see N'guessan move in the first half. And I think pope would have buried Daniels open header, and I think he would of buried nguessans header, and I think he would of been there off of the rebound from Robertsons effort

Hmmm not so sure about that, cant remember Nguessens header to be honest.

There are no excuses for what was the worst performance I've seen in years, which going by some games earlier this season, is quite an achievement.

We're lucky that we've got players to come back in because make no bones about it, that team are relegation fodder.

Coventry were dreadful. The most negative team I've seen this season yet they beat us comfortably, very worrying.

No point naming names as others have named the really poor performers.

Must say I'm a bit worried. If teams below us improve, we're in trouble.

Have I seen 4 teams consistently worse than vale? I'm not sure I have.

Still, win at crawley next week & it'll look different.

Today we were awful,knew without lines n o connor we would give no supply. But ngussen n willo did absolutely naff all.

Only two players impressed today vesali,and marshall.

Id give campion a go now,he seems to know where the net is,as without pope we looked toothless today,popey would av put away that header daniel missed!

How reda johnson ends up, up against yates for tht goal amazed me,surely robbo should av been assigned him on things like that.

As long as Page remains in charge I'm afraid we have to get used to diabolical team selections and "let's keep my pet favourite few players in" attitude. We have a very hard, long winter in front of us and I remain steadfast that we have a "cheap yes man manager" that in the long term (god forbid he is offered a long contract) will se us nose dive further down the leagues. Craziest team from the start showed we had no ambition to try and win 3 points today. N'Guessan may as well have stayed at home, Dicko was his usual garbage, Ben- was he on the pitch?- tripe, only Veseli for me showed any kind of stomach for the game and perhaps Brown until he went off. Incidentally why was he withdrawn as we were completely clueless after that?

Norm, we are heading for shamefully poor crowds if that is all that is on offer. Numerous season ticket holders by me were in despair and I honestly think many will refrain from buying again unless drastic action is taken, soon, please.

I can't comment much on the game as I only listened to it, but the more the game went on , the worse Vale got.

Ray Williams was groaning several times at some of the stuff on display. I'm not a fan of Page, but willing to give him a chance, to be fair.

So it's a mid-table finish, at best, and possibly relegation . I'm depressed tonight. It's hard being a Vale fan, so it must have been awful for those in attendance today. We're in limbo Smurf.

Why do we persist with Williamson, what does he offer?

Midfield was the problem today,

Pairing of Dicko and Brown is not the way to go,

Dicko is not a centre midfielder and offers absolutely no creativity,

There were lots of short passes sideways and back to the centre halves, but nothing going forward

Why Brown went off, and Dicko stayed on is beyond me...

Having said that, feel sorry for Campion, He deserves a chance so I would have started with him today.

Bring Willo on second half and see if he can prove a point,

But Hey, What do I know

Archived