onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Another bunch of away fans who enjoyed Burslem !

ollyandpatch

It's really out of order for Rochdale fans to put down our city and our Football town-it's not the Vale fans fault directly, but if you look at it technically, it is our fault-the cities electorate have been voting in the same old Labour government for years, who dont give a *** about the local taxpayer and every election always assume they can rely on the Stoke on Trent people to vote them in again. They never make a real concerted effort to improve the place.

Do something about it in May and vote the Labour government out-then maybe away fans will start to say'what a beautiful place' Burslem is....

Just saying:rolleyes:

Advert

How to win friends and influence people! Always sort of liked Rochdale and, as the underdogs of the league, wished them well. They have a good manager too and clearly play good football (at the moment). But comments like these, even from a minority, are going to turn opposing fans against them. As the old saying goes, always be nice to people on the way up - you might need them on the way down. Utterly deluded.

Went to Rochdale a couple of seasons ago on the train and made the unfortunate decision to walk from the station to the ground what an eye opener.If that guy can comment on burslem then he don't come from Rochdale it was like Beirut on a bad day.We got a taxi from a pub in town to the ground and even the driver commented on what a complete **** hole it was.

what the folk on rochdales forum fail to point out is that their own manager called vale a 'very good team with very good players'. Doesn't really back up their argument does it? I can only remember neal making one save. ...to me that doesn't warrant a point. Statistics are always misleading in football. Possession does not always equate to being on top. Any team can pass it around the halfway line and claim to dominate possession. I thought we were poor for the first ten minutes but after that our tactics were spot on. Not always pretty but effective. I'll take winning a game any day over winning the possession stats.

It's really out of order for Rochdale fans to put down our city and our Football town-it's not the Vale fans fault directly, but if you look at it technically, it is our fault-the cities electorate have been voting in the same old Labour government for years, who dont give a *** about the local taxpayer and every election always assume they can rely on the Stoke on Trent people to vote them in again. They never make a real concerted effort to improve the place.

Do something about it in May and vote the Labour government out-then maybe away fans will start to say'what a beautiful place' Burslem is....

:drool:

The council Gould be ashamed of what they have let happen to burlsem, you only need to look at leek for an example of how a council has supported the high street and turned it into a prosperous town.

Agreed,Karen Bradley is doing a marvellous job in the Staffordshire Moorlands.

How the **** can anybody from Rochdale say Burslem is depressing & like going back in time, Rochdale of all places. ***, Take away THEIR town hall & that's it, wonder what they will think if they travel to Gillingham, now that is somewhere to moan about, Tell em to take their brollies, 3 points loser, LOL.

Who knew you would say that, but on this I think you are right.

My mum used to say if you dressed a pig in a labour rosette people would vote for it! Get what you vote for :)

as far as I'm aware, no away fans who've visited Vale Park have ever been the subject of a deliberate hit and run incident by a car driven by people from the locale.

Were those in the car Rochdale fans? An utterly irrelevant point as it's nowt to do with Rochdale FC and its fans and it's fans not that the post commented on.

Anyway, who cares what they think as long as they come to the match and give Vale some of their money

I think the main problem for away fans is the fact that most pubs are dedicated for home fans only and so they are limited to choice. If this changed I don't think there would be as much negativitiy against the place although in saying that it doesn't help if your team loses against the Vale (i.e. sour grapes). I personally think Burslem as a football town is fantastic with the amount of boozers in a short walking distance to VP and you have a couple of oatcake shops, KFC and the Mothertown chippy for some food.

I think the main problem for away fans is the fact that most pubs are dedicated for home fans only and so they are limited to choice. If this changed I don't think there would be as much negativitiy against the place although in saying that it doesn't help if your team loses against the Vale (i.e. sour grapes). I personally think Burslem as a football town is fantastic with the amount of boozers in a short walking distance to VP and you have a couple of oatcake shops, KFC and the Mothertown chippy for some food.

I agree in so much that loads of away fans tend to gauge their visits on how good the boozers/ales are. If they are able to find a friendly pub where they can fill up with booze and/or food before a game it does make the experience so much better, even if the Team loses. Strange how we all have differing views on what makes a day out at away games so worth having.

Bet many Valiants would agree that even if we lose we still have a damn good time , IF there is at least one local hostelry that allows us our day out. My opinion , for what it's worth, is that Rochdale and other opponents find they are unable to locate a decent drinking establishment close to the ground. Many will not have heard of or seen the Bulls Head, or researched prior to the game! How many, seriously travel to see "the sights "of an area?

I've never lived in Burslem and therefore have a fairly unbiased opinion on the place. I think the trouble is, people don't look up! There are some beautiful Victorian buildings in the town centre

The old library opposite the art college is very fine, hte wedgwood institute I think its called, somehting like that anyway.

Archived