onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Another bunch of away fans who enjoyed Burslem !

ollyandpatch

Advert

They dominated the game, I don't think so, they just did some nice pointless passing and the possession was 46%/54%.

Such a huge difference. We used it wisely, Rochdale used it with no aim.

We picked up 2 yellow cards, one of which for time-wasting. Rochdale picked up 3 yellows all for dirty tackles.

Rochdale fans do a hit and run on visiting supporters and then complain about our fans... hmm.

Rochdale = League 2 team.

Rochdale need to get real, stop being big headed.

YOU LOST! HAHAHA

So we have Rochdale fans,whose team play at Spotland,criticising Burslem and Vale Park?:doh::laugh:

Exactly.

I went Spotland in the early 80's. My brother ordered an Oxtail soup.... When he tasted it, it was gravy!!!!. Vale took around 700+ fans and around 30 fans in the Rochdale "home end" were in the first half taunting and encouraging the Vale fans to come to them for a fight. All the time they were doing this, their fans were right by a police presence for protection. At half-time and with Vale attacking their home end and with no physical segregation barrier (apart from a few police), all the Vale fans decided to go around the ground and do what their fans had wanted. The police just stood aside and their fans quick as a flash moved to the away end! Truly dreadful ground though that said there were a lot like that in Division 4 at the time. Always remember Rochdale (and Crewe) always seeking re-election to the Football League in the days before automatic relegation from and promotion to the Football League.

One final memory from that game (which Vale won) was in the warm up where having already not got the Oxtail soup he asked for, my brother was behind the goal when Felix Healy tried a power shot that went over the bar and as my brother palmed it away, the shot was so powerful it dislocated his finger! Not a visit my brother remember's too fondly.

I've never lived in Burslem and therefore have a fairly unbiased opinion on the place. I think the trouble is, people don't look up! There are some beautiful Victorian buildings in the town centre

Sadly some havent been used since... or at least they look that way

Quote from one of the posts, "Awful tactics from an awful team at an awful club with awful fans". A vale fans perspective, excellent tactics by a team that won the game and yes we do have our share of hooligans but as far as I'm aware, no away fans who've visited Vale Park have ever been the subject of a deliberate hit and run incident by a car driven by people from the locale.

Quote from one of the posts, "Awful tactics from an awful team at an awful club with awful fans". A vale fans perspective, excellent tactics by a team that won the game and yes we do have our share of hooligans but as far as I'm aware, no away fans who've visited Vale Park have ever been the subject of a deliberate hit and run incident by a car driven by people from the locale.

Which basically means Vale were too smart for us that they didn't play a style to suit us so they were dreadful tactics, awful team because we beat them at an awful club that's much bigger than Rochdale with awful fans who brought to us 2500 more than we took to them ;)

Obviously never been to Burslem as an away fan, but I can't think of that many other away grounds in a town centre location full of pubs. Most are soulless identikit grounds in the middle of no where 30 minutes walk from a car park and a pub. Within 10 mins of Vale Park there are chippies, oatcake shops, about 15 pubs, cafes, KFC, pie shop, bookies, ample parking. About half an hour walk is the train station. What more do people want from a day out to a football match?

Archived