onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Another bunch of away fans who enjoyed Burslem !

ollyandpatch

Advert

The old library opposite the art college is very fine, hte wedgwood institute I think its called, somehting like that anyway.

There is a lot of history and also many fine buildings in Burslem.

They should set up a marquee in Burslem park and use it for away fans and then throughout the summer

Were those in the car Rochdale fans? An utterly irrelevant point as it's nowt to do with Rochdale FC and its fans and it's fans not that the post commented on.

Anyway, who cares what they think as long as they come to the match and give Vale some of their money

Read the post slowly and some of the comments from 'Dale fans about Burslem, then try and understand their meaning and perhaps you may then get the point. Your post is needless but typical.

Who knew you would say that, but on this I think you are right.

My mum used to say if you dressed a pig in a labour rosette people would vote for it! Get what you vote for :)

On the flip side though, I would rather have a pig in a red and white rosette than a blue rosette-but then again both parties are sworn to stay in the EU.

News came out today of Myleene Klass having a go over Ed Milliband over the Mansion tax- although I still maintain Labour as well as Conservatives are out of touch, I agree with what Milliband said to Klass about the fact the poorest have been hit by the Bedroom tax- and in comparison Klass arguing that Mansion tax is unfair (guess she would being a multimillionaire, and not a mention of the bedroom tax, from her)

But fortunately UKIP do away with the bedroom tax and do away with the EU- I know who'd I would rather the pigs colour of rosette be.

But if it came to UKIP partnering a party in government- give me UKIP and Labour anytime although, I sincerely hope Labour don't get in the Stoke on Trent North seat, they have neglected towns like Stoke and Burslem for far too long.

I agree in so much that loads of away fans tend to gauge their visits on how good the boozers/ales are. If they are able to find a friendly pub where they can fill up with booze and/or food before a game it does make the experience so much better, even if the Team loses. Strange how we all have differing views on what makes a day out at away games so worth having.

Bet many Valiants would agree that even if we lose we still have a damn good time , IF there is at least one local hostelry that allows us our day out. My opinion , for what it's worth, is that Rochdale and other opponents find they are unable to locate a decent drinking establishment close to the ground. Many will not have heard of or seen the Bulls Head, or researched prior to the game! How many, seriously travel to see "the sights "of an area?

True - but much as I love my ale, I never go drinking before a game. I'd guess only 10-15% of the average football crowd do, so pubs are not the attraction for the vast majority.

I must admit I gasped on Saturday when I saw just how much of Burslem is derelict. The old Woolworths is defunct, the Bourne Sports shop, the market etc. Having said that, lots of town centres are having to shrink due to empty units so in time I expect Burslem Town Centre to consist of just the outlets on the main road.

Read the post slowly and some of the comments from 'Dale fans about Burslem, then try and understand their meaning and perhaps you may then get the point. Your post is needless but typical.

twist turn twist turn

Here is what you posted "Quote from one of the posts, "Awful tactics from an awful team at an awful club with awful fans". ..the Rochdale fan was having a go at Vale fans not people from the "locale"

Here is what you posted next "as far as I'm aware, no away fans who've visited Vale Park have ever been the subject of a deliberate hit and run incident by a car driven by people from the locale."

The comment made by the Rochdale fan which you quoted was about Vale fans not local people..were the guys in the car Rochdale fans? If not then why even mention them, utterly irrelevant..nothing to do with Rochdale FC nor their fans. And you accuse me of a needless but typical comment

Anyway..not going to take this off track

Hey guess what collusive bullying is a real phrase

Anyway I reckon lots of fans would love to support a club where the town centre with some great pubs, eateries and so on is just 5 mins walk/15 mins stumble from the ground. Ok walking up Longport, Middleport etc isn't exacly St Tropez but so what..utterly irrelevant to what makes matches at VP just that little bit different to most.

twist turn twist turn

Here is what you posted "Quote from one of the posts, "Awful tactics from an awful team at an awful club with awful fans". ..the Rochdale fan was having a go at Vale fans not people from the "locale"

Here is what you posted next "as far as I'm aware, no away fans who've visited Vale Park have ever been the subject of a deliberate hit and run incident by a car driven by people from the locale."

The comment made by the Rochdale fan which you quoted was about Vale fans not local people..were the guys in the car Rochdale fans? If not then why even mention them, utterly irrelevant..nothing to do with Rochdale FC nor their fans. And you accuse me of a needless but typical comment

Anyway..not going to take this off track

Did it not cross your mind that I considered the perpetrators may not be 'Dale fans so I worded the post as I did, did it not cross your mind that I had read some (not all) of the comments by 'Dale fans and worded the comment the way I did, did it not cross your mind that I couldn't be bothered to cut and paste all the negative comments about Burslem. I guess there's always one.

Twist and turn, you're the "Merv the swerve" of OVF, I assume you know who he is. Try reading a post, pause, think, understand before typing drivel and yes, stay on topic.

Did it not cross your mind that I considered the perpetrators may not be 'Dale fans so I worded the post as I did, did it not cross your mind that I had read some (not all) of the comments by 'Dale fans and worded the comment the way I did, did it not cross your mind that I couldn't be bothered to cut and paste all the negative comments about Burslem. I guess there's always one.

Twist and turn, you're the "Merv the swerve" of OVF, I assume you know who he is. Try reading a post, pause, think, understand before typing drivel and yes, stay on topic.

Yep all of that crossed my mind but it changes nothing regarding what you actually posted

You quoted a post from a Rochdale fan that commented on Vale fans then you made a comment about an incident that did not involve Rochdale fans nor Rochdale FC in any way..it was utterly irrelevant to what the Rochdale fan had said about Vale fans (and in what YOU quoted he didn't mention Burslem nor people from the "locale") so why mention it

I am well aware of Merv the Swerve..saw him play a couple of times..outstanding bowler on his day

Did you get the twisty turny thing reference/source? ;)

Archived