onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

campion

panhead

Advert

Has to play Saturday or at least make the bench. He is scoring goals for fun and creating goals, I just don't understand how slew justifies a place on the bench over him. Williamson is also lucky that he's scored a few and for some reason those at vale seem to rate him. Campion should be in ahead of both those two.

While I'm happy to see that he's making an impact in the Reserves, I also think the club are entirely right not to rush him.

I would expect there's a lot of difference in tempo between a first-team game and a reserve one.

We've been told his fitness isn't there yet and none of us (well, unless some of you have hidden talents) are qualified football physios, so we don't know what his fitness is like right now. But he has been injured a lot recently, so the last thing the club want to do is rush him into the first-team only for him to break down with another injury.

I think we need to trust the club on this, they will be getting professional advice from the physios as to when he's ready and then (hopefully) he can make an impact in the first-team.

But I personally would rather see a fit Campion come on and challenge for a first-team place than we see a Walsh/Matthews situation where a talented player is rushed back only to be setback again through injury.

He's knocking on the door, certainly.

Even if he isn't match fit, you could still put him on the bench, throw him on late in the game and get 20 minutes out of him purely on adrenaline.

That's as long as Page thinks he's up to the required standard.

Is he any less match fit than N'Guessan was when he made his debut for us?

That's a fair comment and would suggest that an appearance from the bench for Campion would ease him in and show the manager if he's ready for the step up.

Campion has been on scoring form in the Reserves recently and i think he deserves to get a place on the bench for Saturday's game against Rochdale. :). Surely?.. if he keeps scoring for fun in the reserves then he needs a bigger challenge in the first team or on the bench for the first team at least :).

Is he any less match fit than N'Guessan was when he made his debut for us?

I don't know - I'm not a Physio!

N'Guessan's lack of fitness could well be because he hasn't trained much (so general fitness) wheras Campion has a "thigh injury" which could be more serious and possibly more likely to recur if rushed back.

All I'm saying is that the people who will be best judged as to whether he can play in the first-team without suffering a breakdown are the physios not the fans.

I hope he is fit to challenge, he's certainly making a case for it, but as none of us (or so it seems) are qualified to say whether he's fit or not, it's out of our hands somewhat.

Archived