onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rob Page appointed

Jacko51

Wrong, wrong, choice

Imho. Same **** different wrapping. Too much time spent with the prehistoric idiot we had previous. Thank god he doesnt share the same self absorbed ego.Marginally better but still strutting peacocks instead of hardened warriors. Had a chance for a complete refresh and didnt take it. Stinks of someone whos already had enough and is now just passing time. Sorry of u dont agree i dont give a ****. Vive la revolution tota change needed of we want to aspire to bigger things.

Who is your choice then? Enlighten us with your wisdom

Advert

Wrong, wrong, choice

Imho. Same **** different wrapping. Too much time spent with the prehistoric idiot we had previous. Thank god he doesnt share the same self absorbed ego.Marginally better but still strutting peacocks instead of hardened warriors. Had a chance for a complete refresh and didnt take it. Stinks of someone whos already had enough and is now just passing time. Sorry of u dont agree i dont give a ****. Vive la revolution tota change needed of we want to aspire to bigger things.

Don't tell me, you wanted Aspin!

I'll second that Fred.

In my view it's easy to pick fault with the appointment, just as it's easy to pick fault with previous incumbents -Foyle, Glover, Sinnot etc. We can all sit back and wait for history to prove us right and ultimately it will. However he is now the man entrusted with managing the team, OUR TEAM and whilst he is he deserves our support, certainly in the short-term whilst he is finding his feet.

He is basically on a 7 months trial, there will be highs and there will be lows but hopefully the players will perform and we will be sitting here next May happy in the knowledge that Rob Page has just signed a 2 year contract.

Good luck Rob.......you will fail, Vale managers always fail - ultimately. You will be measured by just how much 'success' you have before you do fail.

I hope you have plenty of success as I think you are the correct choice, I think the players are behind you and I think the majority of fans are too.

It is the nature of the job at any football club, how many current managers have been in the same job for 4 seasons? If they do well they move to a club in a higher league, most only have one job, some are lucky and move from club to club. The top managers have to start somewhere, do your best, that is all we can ask for. Best of luck for this season, hopefully results will continue to improve, and bigger gates will follow, and then a longer contract.

Clever decision.win win for Norman.if he does well Norman wins, if not he can get rid of em all contracts up._

Win win? He could get us relegated.

IMO I'm half and half with this. I don't mind page being given a chance but I feel he is too much like Adams. I would have liked an experienced manager but I'll back him 100%.

The difference between you & the other plank Jean is you offer an opinion instead of just attacking others. I stated my opinion, I didn't ask anyone to agree with me anymore than I asked for some dumbass questioning my loyalty

Did Foyle nearly get us in the play-offs or was that mainly Horton's work? Either way he wasn't good enough for me. Rudgie is too easy an answer; as a rule number two's being promoted don't work out- there's a bigger picture than just Vale, that's why it doesn't happen in the top flight very often.

Either way, the first thing I said was that I would love to be proved wrong

The reason people attack you is because of your severe vindictive ways. If you want to accuse others of attacking people you really need to take a loooooooong looook at yourself.

Sadly I fear you are too obnoxious and full of yourself to do that.

Win win? He could get us relegated.

IMO I'm half and half with this. I don't mind page being given a chance but I feel he is too much like Adams. I would have liked an experienced manager but I'll back him 100%.

I'm half and half with your post. I understand what you say about a possible similarity to Adams BUT, now RP has been given a decent length of time, he has a little more security to start stamping his own signature on our style. I would hope that the 2nd half last Saturday was just the start of that process

Wrong, wrong, choice

You do know by speaking the truth you will upset the OVF establishment and you could potentially face the wrath of abuse please please consider what you say in future. Oh and dont go accusing Pope of having a "Bad game"-no no never shhh

The decision has been made ... public... I think it was already made but thats irrelevant.

He is now in the precarious position of living or dying by his decisions [employment wise] although he may have the rather odd handicap of not choosing his own players but having to select his team from smurfs choice of signings... it could work well, it could fail miserably or fall anywhere in between but it will raise questions about whether its success or failure is down to page or smurfs choices.

I hope he stamps his authority onto the team and its successful... one thing is certain... if he picks a team the supporters dont agree with and they lose he will be the devil, if he picks a team they do agree with and they lose he will be the devil, whichever team he picks if they win he will swing between a saint or a sinner at times.

Good luck lad, I hope it works out for you and vale

Wrong, wrong, choice

Imho. Same **** different wrapping. Too much time spent with the prehistoric idiot we had previous.

That 'prehistoric idiot' who got us promoted for the first time in 20 YEARS against all the odds and achieved our highest placed league finish in 10 years.

I hope Page achieves the same as I'd be delighted with a 9th placed finish in the Championship in the next 5 years.

YOU CLEARLY WOULDN'T ! ;)

The decision has been made ... public... I think it was already made but thats irrelevant.

He is now in the precarious position of living or dying by his decisions [employment wise] although he may have the rather odd handicap of not choosing his own players but having to select his team from smurfs choice of signings... it could work well, it could fail miserably or fall anywhere in between but it will raise questions about whether its success or failure is down to page or smurfs choices.

I hope he stamps his authority onto the team and its successful... one thing is certain... if he picks a team the supporters dont agree with and they lose he will be the devil, if he picks a team they do agree with and they lose he will be the devil, whichever team he picks if they win he will swing between a saint or a sinner at times.

Good luck lad, I hope it works out for you and vale

Did you just wish him good luck? Are you feeling ok?

I thought you'd be calling for his head and calling the chairman nasty names! ;)

Totally expected this and i do agree with alot of the responses here. I also wouldve liked an experienced manager to come in to give some fresh ideas and give rob another 2 or 3 years before giving him a full time opportunity but im not the owner so i go with it and back the manager and players now 100% . They need us to make a BIG noise at the next home game now!!

Archived