onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rob Page appointed

Jacko51

Advert

Good luck RP.Norman,in an interview,said the kids who are being brought in will have their contracts cancelled by their 'parent' club and they will be our players from January for 18 months.I think he said some more to come this week.He said Adams was an old type of manager and things are now going to change regarding youth.Some of these young players will be loaned out with a view to bringing them back for 1st team duty.

Happy with this. The upturn in results is there to see. 3 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats, one of which was against a Preston team that's won their last 7 matches in the league, the other against Fleetwood in which I thought we deserved a point and lost to a dodgy penalty.

I think till the end of the season, with re-assessment then, is spot-on! 3 wins (all good ones) , 2 draws (including away at Bradford C), 2 defeats (inc unlucky one at Fleetwood): 11 points from 7 games equates to nigh-on 70 points over the season! I think that's a good enough record to justify Smurf's decision. We won't get relegated - we just may not play like Real Madrid, although we may get better with the confidence from winning games...or not losing them! We need to get an away win, soon, and we need to keep taking points from the clubs below us to keep them there. Like it or not - survival is the first goal...as in every single season!

Gutted. But was always going be the cheaper option. I do wish Page luck, but I can only seen us go down now. The first half against Leyton Orient proves that..

Using that logic, presumably the second half against Orient proves we will go up. As NS said, he started as being the cheap option, I think he is now the best option. Good luck RP.

Gutted. But was always going be the cheaper option. I do wish Page luck, but I can only seen us go down now. The first half against Leyton Orient proves that..

That doesn't make sense!!! How can the first half prove we will get relegated when we won the match, you tool?

Great Appointment by Norman :). Good Luck to Robert page and hope he has some great success as a manager with us. Onwards and Upwards PVFC. :).

He deserves to get the job to be fair according to his home record at Vale :). 3 Wins and 1 Draw. I also think he is beginning to give the young players a chance in the first team e.g. bringing on Streete on Saturday and i think it is great that he is starting to do that. The future looks bright for Vale in my opinion :)

Good luck RP.Norman,in an interview,said the kids who are being brought in will have their contracts cancelled by their 'parent' club and they will be our players from January for 18 months.I think he said some more to come this week.He said Adams was an old type of manager and things are now going to change regarding youth.Some of these young players will be loaned out with a view to bringing them back for 1st team duty.

I think that's a very sensible approach!

That doesn't make sense!!! How can the first half prove we will get relegated when we won the match, you tool?

Shut your mouth yeh..First half we were ****ing dreadful, yes we played better 2nd half, but probably cause the fact they were down for 10 men..

Scunthorpe, again we were **** poor, and we couldn't even beat 10 men..Just because I don't agree with you, theirs no need for being a **** is their..

Archived