onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rob Page appointed

Jacko51

Advert

Nice to see so much positive support. Surely now is the time for RP to bring in his own assistant manager or appoint internally. If all goes well I hope his position is settled before the end of the season. RP is the right age with a good background and obviously a sensible approach and the backing of a good chairman. He could be manager for a long time. The policy in place needs time (years) to reach fruition. Patience is needed because there will be setbacks along the way. Good luck, Rob.

Shut your mouth yeh..First half we were ****ing dreadful, yes we played better 2nd half, but probably cause the fact they were down for 10 men..

Scunthorpe, again we were **** poor, and we couldn't even beat 10 men..Just because I don't agree with you, theirs no need for being a **** is their..

Hahaha - I don't usually name call, even if people have the opposite opinion to mine - because they're entitled to their opinion. I usually only name call nastiness, meanness and/or stupidity...and you **** at least one of those boxes with your example, I'm afraid! Just because we were poor in the

first half should not mean we are destined for relegation because we won the game! End of that argument, really! The circumstances that brought about the win are irrelevant - we have played well, before, and got nothing; we have played badly and taken points from games we ought not to have taken points - as have teams playing against us...as has every team in every level of football. Winning a game does not usually determine relegation - it's usually losing lots of games that does! And it's "there" not "their"!

This is no Glover like cheap internal appointment. I think Rob Page will go far in football, he's very well respected in the game and is very driven. If we didn't hire him as Manager he'd have been off somewhere else and I think we would have missed out.

Also, he's done well in his interim period. I'm very pleased with the appointment.

Nail on the head. Sensible post. Well put.

Always difficult to predict if a managerial appointment will succeed. People like Liverpool (Bob Paisley) have appointed from within with great success. Others appoint from outside and have a disaster - look at Leeds this season for a good example.

Criticisms like 'cheap option' are unfair and unrealistic. We have to live within our means. Would some people prefer we lash out huge amounts of dosh and then have a disaster? Or might they prefer some continuity and the money spent on improving things on the pitch?

Time will tell, but we all should give RP and the team our support, and hope things turn out well for us.

Jury was out for me for a long time but I think decision at end of October was correct and you can't half appoint someone. On balance, I think he did enough and appointing Page is a decision I'd have taken in Smurf's position. He needs backing now and a bit of patience.

Sheff Utd appear to have 13pts

You're right, Si! The Football365 site is not up to date so I added the last lot of results myself and only gave them a point for winning at Crewe. Well spotted.

I think it still shows an improvement though and I'd rather look on the bright side and consider this a glass half full than one half empty. Any managerial appointment is a risk but we know what we're getting with Page and he knows the players. Of those whose names appear as available on the LMA website, there wasn't a single one I wanted that I thought we could reasonably afford, even at the sort of salary we were paying Micky Adams.

It may work, it may not. All we as fans can do is give him our support until he cocks up totally whilst hoping against hope that he doesn't!

"Jobs for the boys" bolox - Grewy is only one boy! "Fan"

How many season tickets have you had on the bounce? I'm over twenty- if you can beat that then fair ply, I doubt you can though.

Isn't Glover on the coaching staff too? Plus since Pqge was promoted from within....

This club has a recent history of promoting from within with disasterous effects. If you can't see that you're obviously not the brightest so I'll go easy on you

How many season tickets have you had on the bounce? I'm over twenty- if you can beat that then fair ply, I doubt you can though.

I'm on my 41st but that is a total irrelevance to the discussion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on this appointment. Personally, I am hoping we see a repetition of the Rudge effect rather than the Glover one.

To be fair, of those promoted to manager from within only Glover was a total disaster. Foyle did OK for a while - nearly got us in the League One play offs. Sproson would have got us in the League One play-offs had they existed - we finished 6th under him. Rudge - say no more.

Sensible option. Very hard to appoint someone into the season, with no money to pay a club off you're relying on long term unemployed managers or recently sacked managers. Not sure if Page is the long term answer but he's learning and done a decent job so far. Good luck to RP.

I'm not convinced by his longer term appointment, although I'm more than happy to be convinced in the coming weeks. Saturdays team selection was a big surprise after what he said in the press after the 2-2 against the irons.

I'm not sure he has the balls to drop the experienced players who are clearly lacking form... Yes the 2nd half was much better, but they had 10 men and Page was effectively forced to withdraw Dicko given his yellow card.

Fingers crossed he does the business but I'm on the fence at present, because of his seemingly lack of balls

I'm on my 41st but that is a total irrelevance to the discussion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on this appointment. Personally, I am hoping we see a repetition of the Rudge effect rather than the Glover one.

To be fair, of those promoted to manager from within only Glover was a total disaster. Foyle did OK for a while - nearly got us in the League One play offs. Sproson would have got us in the League One play-offs had they existed - we finished 6th under him. Rudge - say no more.

The difference between you & the other plank Jean is you offer an opinion instead of just attacking others. I stated my opinion, I didn't ask anyone to agree with me anymore than I asked for some dumbass questioning my loyalty

Did Foyle nearly get us in the play-offs or was that mainly Horton's work? Either way he wasn't good enough for me. Rudgie is too easy an answer; as a rule number two's being promoted don't work out- there's a bigger picture than just Vale, that's why it doesn't happen in the top flight very often.

Either way, the first thing I said was that I would love to be proved wrong

Archived