onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rob Page appointed

Jacko51

Who knows? Don't suppose he bothered as a much superior candidate got it! ;)

Palios said he needed a proven manager with contacts I think. The rookie failed before him so I think that dissuaded him.

1 promotion in 10 years he got that proven man then didn't he ;)

Advert

He took over Bristol in January when they were already bottom so clearly didn't have a good team did they ;)

Just like Mickey made a hash of the Sheff Ute job? Surely as a winner he should of kept them up ;)

He's got 4 in total though hasn't he?

He transformed a couple in Fulham and Leicester but surely taking some club called Port Vale from 18th in league 2 and almost oblivion against all the odds to 9th in league 1 a wonderful achievement.

If Page can do the same and get us to 9th in the championship over the next 5 years personally I would be one delighted Vale fan.

He's got 4 in total though hasn't he?

He transformed a couple in Fulham and Leicester but surely taking some club called Port Vale from 18th in league 2 and almost oblivion against all the odds to 9th in league 1 a wonderful achievement.

If Page can do the same and get us to 9th in the championship over the next 5 years personally I would be one delighted Vale fan.

He has 3 in total. Only got Fulham promoted once didn't he? Like I said I appreciate what he did but it only looks so good because of the absolute dross we had before? He is a one trick pony and I believe he will struggle at Tranmere

He has 3 in total. Only got Fulham promoted once didn't he? Like I said I appreciate what he did but it only looks so good because of the absolute dross we had before? He is a one trick pony and I believe he will struggle at Tranmere

I thought it was 4 with Fulham, Vale, Brighton and Leicester?

If it is 4 it's 2 more than O'Driscoll. O'Driscoll does also tend to stay for very short periods at clubs like Forest, Crawley, Forest again and then Brizzle, maybe coaching kids is his level.

If it is 4 it's 2 more than O'Driscoll. O'Driscoll does also tend to stay for very short periods at clubs like Forest, Crawley, Forest again and then Brizzle, maybe coaching kids is his level.

Yep 4 I stand corrected ( said the man in the orthopedic shoes).

Yes it is 2 more than O'Driscoll, O'Driscoll plays football though Adams doesn't.

3 of his promotions are from the bottom league so maybe that's his level ;)

Yep 4 I stand corrected ( said the man in the orthopedic shoes).

Yes it is 2 more than O'Driscoll, O'Driscoll plays football though Adams doesn't.

They both play football, just different styles I would agree.

Personally I would always take winning football first and foremost though regardless of the style of play (within the laws of the game) which is secondary.

They both play football, just different styles I would agree.

Personally I would always take winning football first and foremost though regardless of the style of play (within the laws of the game) which is secondary.

Me too which is why Adams had to leave because we weren't winning and we weren't playing football. I would take O'Driscoll any day of the week

Adams "trick" was to take a team with no money to spend and make it into a functioning unit, which is what he did for us initially, once he has money to spend it starts falling apart... just my opinion.

Lets hope page can do better although its a little unclear who will be selecting the players to sign as opposed to selecting the players to play

Adams "trick" was to take a team with no money to spend and make it into a functioning unit, which is what he did for us initially, once he has money to spend it starts falling apart... just my opinion.

Lets hope page can do better although its a little unclear who will be selecting the players to sign as opposed to selecting the players to play

It's not according to the chairman. He said when he appointed a full time manager the responsibility would revert to the new holder of the post so...

It's not according to the chairman. He said when he appointed a full time manager the responsibility would revert to the new holder of the post so...

So page can send all the signings back and select some more?

Is he full time?.. or just till the end of the season?

Who else then? People seem scared to appoint a manager who may out do the Messiah. Name one realistic candidate better than O'Driscoll?

He wasn't a messiah, he just did fabulously well for us. To be honest I was really struggling to be excited by any of the names mentioned other than Rowett so as soon as he went to Brum then I was happy Page got the season.

The odds are O'Driscoll wouldn't have outdone Micky as he's failed to do that all his career.

He wasn't a messiah, he just did fabulously well for us. To be honest I was really struggling to be excited by any of the names mentioned other than Rowett so as soon as he went to Brum then I was happy Page got the season.

The odds are O'Driscoll wouldn't have outdone Micky as he's failed to do that all his career.

Rowett his win ratio is worse than both :eek:

I hate to point it out to you but any half decent manager would of got us promoted from that league. It was a poor league and ultimately we were lucky to achieve automatic promotion ;)

Archived