onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tues 16th Sept 2014, Port Vale v Bristol C, pre-match, the match itself.

Fosse69

Robertson is better than those who are getting picked week in, week out. Probably agree about the others though.

I agree, Robbo has done nothing to warrant being dropped this season. He's our best defender to deal with aerial threats and should have played yesterday. If Adams keeps fannying about with the defensive selections then effective paternerships will never be formed. It appears that Adams has certain scapegoats who always get axed, while others can play badly and still get the nod.

Advert

O'Connor & Lines cannot delegate who sits & who plays further forward, neither can tackle.

Most of our crosses come from full back & are either under hit or hit aimlessly to the back post.

Brown &/or Jennings need to play on Tuesday.I wouldn't play Moore on yesterdays evidence-3 times he got into the area first half with no end product.

MA will play Slew & Pope so to accommodate Marshall I would play Brown, Jennings & O'Connor, sacrificing width, but playing 4-3-3 to protect the back 4.

We need to start passing the ball, but more importantly I would take 2 clean sheets & build on that.

I think he will go

Neal, Veseli, Duffy, McGivern, Dicko, Brown, Jennings, O'Connor, Slew, Marshall, Pope.

I will start my prayers now.

Normally I'm an advocate of always attempting to win a game however given our current form our only focus against BCFC should be to keep a clean sheet. This guarantees us a point at least and stops the rot. Anything else is a bonus. All of our training should be on reducing the space and chances they get near our goal. It may not be pretty or exciting but it is needed. Aim for 2 points and 2 clean sheets from these home games and go from there.

Neal

Veseli Robertson Duffy Dickinson

O'Connor Jennings

Moore Lines Marshall

Slew

3 changes. Veseli in for Yates as he is simply a better player so a no brainer for me. Robertson for McGivern as i feel we lack height and presence. He's also the only centre back who hasn't been dropped yet and as he was out jumped for their first goal, i reckon we should try the Robertson and Duffy partnership. Finally, Jennings or even Brown for Pope to allow us to revert to 5 in the middle. Popey isn't undroppable and has looked slightly jaded. Slew up top on his self could prove to be effective. He looks decent in the air and holding the ball up, has the pace to get in behind and will run the channels for us.

No, you're predictable. And a moaning defeatist.

It's called realism. It's what has happened for at least half of the last 30 games though I'd argue it's more than that.

Take it you're happy with the way we've been playing & our results?

I believe that if you carry on doing things the same way, you get the same result.

I fancy us to win, not necessarily because we will turn it all around from Tuesday, but because Vale have a habit of losing to the worst and beating the best.

Not judging by last season.

Only decent result against good team I remember off top of my head was Rotherham at home. Though we did very well against the poorer teams.

Would be tempted to drop Lines and O'Connor. We can't afford 1 luxury in the engine room, let alone 2.

I would also be tempted to drop Dickinson. He's becoming a liability. Fist pumping and screaming does not make up for a complete lack of positional awareness.

My team:

Neal

Yates Robertson Duffy McGivern

Moore Brown Jennings Marshall

Pope Slew

I will be there expecting a win as usual getting behind Micky and the lads because that's what Vale fans should be doing all for one and one for all,come on the mighty Vale.

Spot on!It might be a good idea for us fans to get behind the Club at Vale Park for a change,as the atmosphere has been terrible from the FIRST game of the season:yes:

Normally I'm an advocate of always attempting to win a game however given our current form our only focus against BCFC should be to keep a clean sheet. This guarantees us a point at least and stops the rot. Anything else is a bonus. All of our training should be on reducing the space and chances they get near our goal. It may not be pretty or exciting but it is needed. Aim for 2 points and 2 clean sheets from these home games and go from there.

I think you are correct.Go back to the real basic idea of not conceding for a few games to build some confidence.Anything more than a clean sheet is as you say a bonus.But it's not going to be easy on the eye and MIGHT be boring.

Spot on!It might be a good idea for us fans to get behind the Club at Vale Park for a change,as the atmosphere has been terrible from the FIRST game of the season:yes:

I'm sorry its not the supporters fault, if the product is good the Vale fans will get behind the team,they are not daft we've been served some rubbish this so far.

Archived